McFly
    McFly's Avatar Become A Pro!

What would you do?

$20 6 man sit n go on FT. Blinds are 50/100 and there are 5 left.
    I get dealt JJ in SB. It folds around to button who calls. I raise to $350. I have approx 1900 left before I raise. BB cold calls and button folds.
    Flop comes A A 2 rainbow. I lead out with a bet of 400 into 800 pot. BB cold calls again. I'm thinking does he have an A that he is slow playing or is he just calling with a pocket pair thinking I don't have an A. Turn comes a 10. What do you do here? Bet? If so, how much? Let you know how it turned out after I see what others would do.

biggs
    biggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

its a tough call, i would probaly push all in. thats honestly what i would do.........thank god i dont rely on my poker play for a living

i would like to hear how this played out for you

McFly

Anyone else want to give their input?

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McFly
    Anyone else want to give their input?

agreed i would push here......like the fact that 2aces hit the flop better than just one coming up................

you can only push or check and fold to if there is a bet, check calling is not acceptable........unless the player is a total donk and you check was meant to induce this bluff

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

where was the BB in chips compared to you?

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

...I would've more than likely pushed. He probably was playing a smaller pair. hard to believe he would just limp with an ace...unless it was ace-king or the sort..

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Probably the biggest factor in my play would depend on his previous play and, while a little less important, I would have also liked to have know his stack size... I also don't like your half bet on the flop... While I realize you were trying to just win the pot there, I think I would probably put in a bet closer to the pot sized (maybe 600-700) since, IMO, the half bet invites both aces and smaller pocket pairs to call... bet bigger and the aces will probably push (depending on his chip stack) and underpairs would probably fold.... at least that is how I would play it with an average stack with say A-Q or A-K or say 10s... I might even just push in on the flop, if I was going to make the contingousy bet on flop, since making, a 700 bet is only going to leave you 850 in chips anyhow and you are basically pot committed at that point with that hand...

Anyhow, obiviously this wasn't the way you played it so, given the information above, I would probably fold and look for a better spot to push my last 1150 chips in the next couple rounds (since the blinds are currently 50-100) and they go up and come around fast in the shorthanded sit and gos...

Oh, BTW, I'm more of a cash game player then a tourney player so I reserve the right to be wrong...
    Last edited by LVHerbie; 05-06-06 at 08:34 AM.

McFly

Quote Originally Posted by presley177
    where was the BB in chips compared to you?
    BB had a little more chips than I did when we started the hand. Around 2200.
    He had played pretty solid. No crazy plays or anything like that.

McFly

What would be the likely hands he would call with pre-flop? A middle pair is likely. A-K? Possible. A-Q? Possible.
    As soon as the hand was over I knew I made the wrong play. You guys are right - I should have pushed on the turn. I didn't because of that A-K or A-Q possibility. I checked and he checked behind me. Now the river was a 6. Being the wuss that I am (and being certain in my mind at that time that he had an A), I checked again. He went all in. I folded. He never showed but I knew I made the wrong play. When he gave me the chance to correct the error I made on the turn, I didn't take it. I now doubt he had an A (although it is possible) but I made it easy for him to take the hand down at the end. I just wanted to see what others would do in this situation. In the end, I wound up 2nd but this hand irked me. I left myself enough chips to play with and that was the only good thing that came out of this hand.
    Thanks for the feedback.