firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I have to say....thats a dumb rule that you cant call a TO between 4 and 5 secs.......He should've thrown it off the knees of the guy guarding him.....I dont blame the guy for not knowing the rule.....kinda obscure if ya ask me.....

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sorry I started this thread, for one reason in particular. Give me a some goofs at the end over a whole game of hair pulling shadyness(cough cough Kansas refs) any day of the week.

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Before the 5 second violation, Texas took a 30 second time out. Thats why there are several coaches to remind players of the possibilities. Game ends with one time out left.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    I'm sorry I started this thread, for one reason in particular. Give me a some goofs at the end over a whole game of hair pulling shadyness(cough cough Kansas refs) any day of the week.
    The refs didn't make Illinois not cover the alley-oop, did they? Seriously, how many times do you fall for the same play before you should just be written off as stupid....

Beason5209
    Beason5209's Avatar Become A Pro!

For the record that so called rule about not being able to call a timeout between 4 and 5 seconds is not true at all. The NCAA Head Official just clarified. The 5 second call was made because the ref said he reached 5 seconds before he called it. But replays clearly show that was not the case. This ref just wanted to make that big moment call.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Beason5209 View Post
    For the record that so called rule about not being able to call a timeout between 4 and 5 seconds is not true at all. The NCAA Head Official just clarified. The 5 second call was made because the ref said he reached 5 seconds before he called it. But replays clearly show that was not the case. This ref just wanted to make that big moment call.
    Looks like Seth Davis is reporting there was a rule change a few years back and you are correct.

Then this was another horrible call against TX. No way did it get to 5 before he signaled for the timeout. More adventures in officiating.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

no doubt this so called "human element" of sports is becoming an epidemic problem with the advancement of technology. from the perfect game to pass interference to 5 second violations. officials are having such a negative impact in sports.

First 12