ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Who here has played organized sports?

in college, aau, even high school

its damn near impossible to have a conversation with people on here in regards to late game calls or any calls in generall if you never played the game before

everyone wants to compare different sports and thats just not right,

so who here has played anything?

played 4 years of college fb, and baseball, played hoops in hs also (by no means and im saying i know it all when it comes to playing, but at least i understand and have been in situations in a game, when a ref should swallow a whistle in either sport)

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Starter in baseball, football, baseball in high school.....earned 17 letters(4 each for bases, buckets, football, and 5 for bases)

Played jr college, college, and semi-pro baseball...........two weeks of cbb.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

baseball for 10 years ending after high school because I had to get a real job and support myself
    football until 11th grade (drugs, sex, alcohol was more fun)
    hoops for 2 years was not my thing, good shooter, but not the best dribbler by far.
    ping pong in my summer days, organized drunks at the lake

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I played 14 and under basketball, does not matter though I undertand the calls guy

ebbearsfb1

not sying you dont understand the calls but in game situations are different if you've been in them, plus you dont fight with people like a jackass on here

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

ok lets have a conversation about the ending of the Pitt/Butler game. If the ref swallows the whistle when Pitt is fouled and he gets off the shot and misses. Pitt nation will be crying that he was fouled and they did not get the call. Everyone will be blaming the refs for not calling the foul and how Pitt was robbed for a chance to win the game. Lets look at where the blame should really go. First the coaches if they did not tell their players during the time out NO FUKKING FOUL LET THEM TAKE THE SHOT THEY DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH TIME TO GET A GOOD SHOT OFF. Second the players for not having any basketball savy about not fouling in that situation. The players again for not hitting their free throws.

played aau baseball, ended with shoulder injury.

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

played football at Michigan State and two years in NFL Europe for the Frankfurt Galaxy.

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    ok lets have a conversation about the ending of the Pitt/Butler game. If the ref swallows the whistle when Pitt is fouled and he gets off the shot and misses. Pitt nation will be crying that he was fouled and they did not get the call. Everyone will be blaming the refs for not calling the foul and how Pitt was robbed for a chance to win the game. Lets look at where the blame should really go. First the coaches if they did not tell their players during the time out NO FUKKING FOUL LET THEM TAKE THE SHOT THEY DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH TIME TO GET A GOOD SHOT OFF. Second the players for not having any basketball savy about not fouling in that situation. The players again for not hitting their free throws. played aau baseball, ended with shoulder injury.
    awful angry, wasnt really talking about you when i said cant have a conversation with people, and like i said to you before i agree the big east is overrated, but the way the refs call fouls in the big east regular season is night and day different from the way refs call it in the ncaa tournament, that cannot be denyed watch a big east game then watch a tournament game in big east games players can be more aggressive with out foul calls, not saying its right one way or another, that goes for the whole game not just the end

in regards to the fouls at the end of the pitt game neither i felt should of been fouls but if anything the butler one was more a foul then the foul on howard 90 feet from the hoop,

butler is getting like duke though guys flop around like fish out of water and get every call but thats neither here nor there

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

College FB

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    awful angry, wasnt really talking about you when i said cant have a conversation with people, and like i said to you before i agree the big east is overrated, but the way the refs call fouls in the big east regular season is night and day different from the way refs call it in the ncaa tournament, that cannot be denyed watch a big east game then watch a tournament game in big east games players can be more aggressive with out foul calls, not saying its right one way or another

That and Matt Howard got every freaking call like he always does. Sometimes when you get run over you get run over and it's a foul on you. But I guess when the public watching the NCAA tournament sees him get pounded they have to make the call. Even if his feet weren't set.

Very annoying to watch that guy get bad call after bad call after bad call

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

not angry at all. The caps is what a coach should be telling his players during that situation.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

high school tennis and baseball

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    That and Matt Howard got every freaking call like he always does. Sometimes when you get run over you get run over and it's a foul on you. But I guess when the public watching the NCAA tournament sees him get pounded they have to make the call. Even if his feet weren't set. Very annoying to watch that guy get bad call after bad call after bad call

how did matt howard not go to duke?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A little when I was younger..let me recap

8th grade:

Football linebacker, we won everything
    baseball, catcher, not bad

Freshman:

Lineman on Frosh team
    Baseball back up catcher

Sophmore:

Football

Linebacker again..played 4 games and then got kicked off team, coach claimed I stole like 40 pairs of fukkin cleets
    Never proved it

baseball back up catcher, 1b

Junior, Senior....kicked out of school...gambling

In my 20's...............softball

career AVERAGE

350 OR SO

Kicked out of league for fighting

30's played some street hockey, street football, street bases
    Help my own in all

Now.............GAMBLING

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

played baseball since I could remember up until high school. Began football much later, I think began in the 6th or 7th grade up until high school. Pretty average at both sports, so no college ball, but if I had the chance, certainly would of taken it. And definitely understand where you're coming from when you talk about how people that played the sports just understand it way better than someone that has never played it competitively and in a organized league. In terms of rules and shit, I think the average fan can catch on to most of it by just watching the games on a consistent basis.
    I think what fans that haven't played the sport don't seem to understand the most is just the routines and the difficulty of certain aspects of a sport. As a pitcher, the funniest thing is when I hear someone complain about a pitcher walking someone(unintentionally). I mean what do they think we f8ucking wanted to walk the 8th batter of the lineup just to piss them off? I want to strike out the guy as much as you do, but sometimes you lose command and can't get it over the plate. Not everyone is Mariano Rivera and can throw strikes blindfolded. Another example is late in the game and the average fan screaming "strip the ball" like it's easy or something. I played safety in HS and played some linebacker and DE in Pee Wee(I was an early bloomer) and stripping the ball is not easy. First off, your main focus is to bring down the ballcarrier and all your thinking is wrapping up and bringing him down. If you're just strictly going for the ball, your pretty much sacrificing the tackle because any decent RB is just going to run through you if your just going to arm tackle him and just going for the ball. I didn't play play basketball, but I rarely complain about missed FTs, especially from players that shoot like 50%. Anyone that has attempted FTs in gym class or just shooting around at the park knows it's not the easiest thing in the world, but the "average fan" that never shot a FT in his life is always the one that goes nutz about missed FTs thinking it's easy as pie.

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    I didn't play play basketball, but I rarely complain about missed FTs, especially from players that shoot like 50%. Anyone that has attempted FTs in gym class or just shooting around at the park knows it's not the easiest thing in the world, but the "average fan" that never shot a FT in his life is always the one that goes nutz about missed FTs thinking it's easy as pie.

agree 100% with this, i played b-ball and there is nothing free about free throws...

the average fan yesterday was calling the kid from pitt who missed the free throws the biggest choke artist in the world, do they not realize they were down 1 in the first place, to tie it was the hard part, and the kid was the only reason pitt was in the damn game.

i've seen alot of missed free throws and there is no shame in missing them.. average fan wants his team to win 1000 -0 every time

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who else??

No athetes here??

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

was a male cheerleader in 7th grade.

got cut my 8th grade year

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A little when I was younger..let me recap

8th grade:

Football linebacker, we won everything
    baseball, catcher, not bad

Freshman:

Lineman on Frosh team
    Baseball back up catcher

Sophmore:

Football

Linebacker again..played 4 games and then got kicked off team, coach claimed I stole like 40 pairs of fukkin cleets
    Never proved it

baseball back up catcher, 1b

Junior, Senior....kicked out of school...gambling

In my 20's...............softball

career AVERAGE

350 OR SO

Kicked out of league for fighting

30's played some street hockey, street football, street bases
    Help my own in all

Now.............GAMBLING

Bump