vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!
    vitalogist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Totally burned out on gambling

I've had an amazing three month run. Cashed out several thousand dollars from various books. Now it just feels like I'm chasing action. Ran a $400 balance recently up to $1600, only to run that down to $1000. Withdrew $800, which is great. Lost $200 on Tuesday, betting shitty MLS soccer of all things. Reupped for $100 on Wednesday, and promptly LOST that on Thursday. So I threw another $300 in yesterday, and ran it to $500, only to drop it back down to $350 today on stupid parlays, ANOTHER MLS bet, and then chasing with Cincy. I know these lines in the tourney are unbeatable, it's just STUPID to try. I knew I had a great couple plays yesterday, and felt fortunate to win those, but then today, just can not resist the urge to play. Just feel stupid.

Tomorrow morning, two of my favorite teams play, Liverpool at 6:30 AM, and Washington at 9:15 AM, and I'm unable to watch the games, and enjoy them without having action. They're both decent enough underdogs, so I'm sitting here in the degenerate haze of "oh, parlay them for 6-1 odds," and "bet them both straight up, and as long as one wins, you're profitable!" I really want to grind my $300 deposit up to $1200 or $1000 and cash out, but I just lack the discipline.

I used to be a player that would deposit $25 at a time at Bodog, and mostly lose, with the occasional win, but now that I've tasted success as a $100 bettor, I just feel like I can't go back to betting a measly $10 a game. I know I need to stay disciplined, and only play where I feel I have a legitimate edge, but DAMN, IT IS SO TOUGH!!!!!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

poor fella , yet you dont post your plays or let others in on the action. poor fella, you only won thousands

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Bet unc -4.5

I went 6-1 on sat

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Bet unc -4.5

I went 6-1 on sat
    Good luck man. Can not see UW winning tomorrow, but stranger things have happened...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by vitalogist View Post
    I've had an amazing three month run. Cashed out several thousand dollars from various books. Now it just feels like I'm chasing action. Ran a $400 balance recently up to $1600, only to run that down to $1000. Withdrew $800, which is great. Lost $200 on Tuesday, betting shitty MLS soccer of all things. Reupped for $100 on Wednesday, and promptly LOST that on Thursday. So I threw another $300 in yesterday, and ran it to $500, only to drop it back down to $350 today on stupid parlays, ANOTHER MLS bet, and then chasing with Cincy. I know these lines in the tourney are unbeatable, it's just STUPID to try. I knew I had a great couple plays yesterday, and felt fortunate to win those, but then today, just can not resist the urge to play. Just feel stupid.

Tomorrow morning, two of my favorite teams play, Liverpool at 6:30 AM, and Washington at 9:15 AM, and I'm unable to watch the games, and enjoy them without having action. They're both decent enough underdogs, so I'm sitting here in the degenerate haze of "oh, parlay them for 6-1 odds," and "bet them both straight up, and as long as one wins, you're profitable!" I really want to grind my $300 deposit up to $1200 or $1000 and cash out, but I just lack the discipline.

I used to be a player that would deposit $25 at a time at Bodog, and mostly lose, with the occasional win, but now that I've tasted success as a $100 bettor, I just feel like I can't go back to betting a measly $10 a game. I know I need to stay disciplined, and only play where I feel I have a legitimate edge, but DAMN, IT IS SO TOUGH!!!!!
    Never give up

never quit

If you do your labeled here for life

Best of luck

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

This is the hardest time of the year for a gambler to step down. March madness was made for us.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I could never get burned out... It gives me my rush everyday! I love it!

thecodster
    thecodster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Bet unc -4.5 I went 6-1 on sat
    Easy to pick winners when the games are over

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

ive been working so much i dont really have time/energy for it. once i get some time off its gonna be fun, since i earned enough $ where i can gamble recklessly.

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't understand this thread... were you not winning $?

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

winners never quit!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I understand, it gets tough. And sometimes the time to get to another hot streak takes longer than wanted, that's for sure. Sucks just treading water for months. But, it's like JJ once told me, it's a drug.

tonycarr
    tonycarr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

why not just play your pro points in the Book and get that up then cash for a sports book cash amount? If your on a slight bad streak your not losing actual cash and the minute you get hot you'll be ready with real cash?
    I find myself constantly wanting to up my unit size as Im watching my BR grow so I know how hard it is to stay focused.

Mr. Lucky
    Mr. Lucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

This is a rush and a grind, love it. Madness is awesome and then the long baseball season is just around the corner. reload, the water warm.

zgates
    zgates's Avatar Become A Pro!

at least you withdrew.

ran 200 up to 3100 in the last ten days and gave it all back yesterday. withdrew nothing

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!

Hit Liverpool +178 today. Hit Chelsea 2H. Hit UNC live +3. Up $300 today. Back in the ballgame, boys...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Take a break pal. Come back stronger after a few months. That's what I do. You can't be gambling 24/7 all year long.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

chase more!

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

I usually don't get burned out when I'm winning. Only when My account balance seems to be hovering around a certain amount do I get frustrated and take a break.

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Take a break pal. Come back stronger after a few months. That's what I do. You can't be gambling 24/7 all year long.
    Doing it now. Ran my balance up to $500, then drunkenly, stupidly took Syracuse ML on an all in Sunday. We all know how that worked out. Focusing on other things, will be back around the time bases start, I'm sure....

lcscanada
    lcscanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take a break for a few weeks. Don't bet on anything.