TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are they trying to scam me ?

Selling my car guy calls me and say he wants to buy the car, but he is in different state. Gets my adress and everything and said will be in my state in 2 weeks. Then he calls me and said he wanted to make an appointment in a near by service but the didn't answer his calls ? Then he said he found a guy who goes and checks cars for people,carfax and stuff. So the guy showed at my place and took some pics and left. Now I receive a call from the buyer saying the car is in very bad condition and he said the guy worked for carfax or something like that, and now I have to lower the price or there is no deal. What's the chance that these guys are scammers ? Oh and I just check the carfax, flawless !

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

If they were scammers they would not have worried about getting tje car for less money.

Why is your car for sale anyway??

TR88

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    If they were scammers they would not have worried about getting tje car for less money.

Why is your car for sale anyway??
    Expensive to own.....Audi

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Might not be scammers by the book of trying to do ya dirty but for all the effort he may try to scam you out of a good value.

Don't fret unless you give away major info such as SS or send a M G or W U payment you will be fine but don't let him hard ball you. Hell he may do it for a living.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Honestly, I would think that it was a scam if the DIDNT make a lower offer. If they are willing to pay your price without negotiating, then something is wrong

TR88

thanks for the anwers guys....I mean on the first phone call I dont know why but I gave this guy my name and adress,Im fkn stupid....might be a identity theft or something....

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Don't sweat to much but if you are seriously concerned push the negociations along and grab control of it. Set an offer in stone to him and tell him its take it or leave it. Atleast you will sleep at night when its over sooner than later.

TR88

Quote Originally Posted by ryanspeer2001 View Post
    Don't sweat to much but if you are seriously concerned push the negociations along and grab control of it. Set an offer in stone to him and tell him its take it or leave it. Atleast you will sleep at night when its over sooner than later.
    Yeah I might just move to the next buyer, man fkn pain in the ass to sell a car....are these cash for your car places any good ?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

ask him about specifics for the "very bad condition"

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

cash for your car places will take you deep. car dealers will take you deep by backending your new car loan. you can't win with cars. common knowledge. best bet is to sell it locally to an unsuspecting private person who is carless.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

he is just trying to low ball you. Stand firm on your price.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post
    Expensive to own.....Audi
    Why get rid of the audi? When it snows, you will be kicking yourself.