PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Anyone ever been to Charlotte?

Going there for March Madness. Never been

Any suggestions on places to go/things to see? Restaurants, sports bars, night clubs?

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

went threw Charlotte when I went to visit my cousin Opie, uncle Andy and Aunt Bea, nice town.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Been to two Bobcats game, never saw the rest of the city.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Bar Charlotte is probably the best night club in Charlotte. Lot of good places to eat in Uptown. Ed's Tavern is a good sports bar.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Bar Charlotte is probably the best night club in Charlotte. Lot of good places to eat in Uptown. Ed's Tavern is a good sports bar.
    Thanks man. I'm assuming these places are relatively close to the basketball arena right?

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    went threw Charlotte when I went to visit my cousin Opie, uncle Andy and Aunt Bea, nice town.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Yes, Bar Charlotte is on East 6th Street, TW Arena is on East 5th Street. Just got to walk across the street. They have a website you can check out.

Ed's Tavern is just a little south of Uptown.

My opinion is there is not much to do in Charlotte other than watch sports, go to bars and clubs. Discovery Place and the Nascar Hall of Fame is about the only tourist attractions.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

The Penguin for a good burger.

If you want a steak, they've got the usual joints: Ruth's Chris, Del Frisco, or Capital Grille. My personal favorite is the Beef & Bottle.

Uptown Cabaret for entertainment.

PAYTON20

My opinion is there is not much to do in Charlotte other than watch sports, go to bars and clubs.
    Right up my alley. Thanks for the info

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I'd rather go to newark

The Madcap

Yes, Bar Charlotte is on East 6th Street, TW Arena is on East 5th Street. Just got to walk across the street. They have a website you can check out.

Ed's Tavern is just a little south of Uptown.

My opinion is there is not much to do in Charlotte other than watch sports, go to bars and clubs. Discovery Place and the Nascar Hall of Fame is about the only tourist attractions.
    Double J, you from Charlotte?

I know of a legendary man from there who goes by the handle Double J. He's the James Bond of the hardware industry. Got shot in the face and lived to tell about it.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Double J, you from Charlotte? I know of a legendary man from there who goes by the handle Double J. He's the James Bond of the hardware industry. Got shot in the face and lived to tell about it.
    I'm from Asheville, got a cousin that lives in Charlotte so I go down there quite a bit.

blingish
    blingish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2441

I'm from raleigh and visit charlotte frequently. My favorite places are probably phils and the brick and barrell. Both are right on the corner of trade and tryon. (Right in the middle of uptown) the uptown caberet is close to the arena. Its a pretty nice strip club, a little pricy though.

Dawgfan1980
    Dawgfan1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

I live in Charlotte. Here is a website for an area right across from the arena. There are plenty of other bars and restaurants downtown as well. epicentrenc.com

Bar Center used to be one of the better spots, but there is quite a bit of good stuff down there now.

If you aren't staying downtown, I can give you some ideas close to your hotel as well.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by blingish View Post
    I'm from raleigh and visit charlotte frequently. My favorite places are probably phils and the brick and barrell. Both are right on the corner of trade and tryon. (Right in the middle of uptown) the uptown caberet is close to the arena. Its a pretty nice strip club, a little pricy though.
    No shit? I'm from Raleigh. What high school you go to?

PAYTON20

I'm staying on E Woodlawn about 5 miles south of downtown Charlotte. Bar Charlotte... is that a night club or strip joint? Or both? I'm from Washington and drinking is not allowed in strip clubs so they are lame

keenecharger21
    keenecharger21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

check out the mcdonalds on 58th and broadway

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    I'm staying on E Woodlawn about 5 miles south of downtown Charlotte. Bar Charlotte... is that a night club or strip joint? Or both? I'm from Washington and drinking is not allowed in strip clubs so they are lame
    What!?!

No drinking in strip clubs? How is that even economically possible? How do the clubs keep their doors open? Let me guess, the liberals are behind this aren't they?

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

night club

PAYTON20

What!?! No drinking in strip clubs? How is that even economically possible? How do the clubs keep their doors open? Let me guess, the liberals are behind this aren't they?
    Yes. It's unreal. The strip clubs serve sodas

PAYTON20

Thanks to everyone who offered up suggestions- I wrote all these places down in my phone so I have a pretty good selection of places to go now. What about a good restaurant to experience some authentic southern food?

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

nice city, been there a few times but just for concerts/football games.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Close to the arena is Dixies - great drinking spot and 2 min away is Cosmo's Cafe - a little more upscale- usually great looking girls, including the bartenders (if still there). Closer to your hotel is an excellent spot, forget name, at intrscn of Woodlawn and Old Pineville I think right near train tracks. McInenny's maybe ? Speaking of tracks antoher nearby is TavernOn Tracks.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too bad Carrowinds isnt open for the season yet. One of my favorite parks, killer roller coasters

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

was there about 15 years ago...beautiful city and kept thinking how clean everything was.

redsox3g2
    redsox3g2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

I second whoever said the Epicenter. It's about a block from the Arena and has about everything you'd want to do. Blackfinn is there, which is a great Sports bar/restaurant. There's also Buffalo Wild Wings, Whiskey River which is a popular bar/club (Dale Jr.'s place), and a bunch of other shit I can't think of. There's a lot to do in the Arena area...just walking around the area and bar hopping is probably what I'd suggest if you've never been there before.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to go to Charlotte a lot, havent been in 3 years or so. I have a first cousin who lives there

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Quote Originally Posted by redsox3g2 View Post
    I second whoever said the Epicenter. It's about a block from the Arena and has about everything you'd want to do. Blackfinn is there, which is a great Sports bar/restaurant. There's also Buffalo Wild Wings, Whiskey River which is a popular bar/club (Dale Jr.'s place), and a bunch of other shit I can't think of. There's a lot to do in the Arena area...just walking around the area and bar hopping is probably what I'd suggest if you've never been there before.
    Yes to Blackfinn, not so crazy about Whisky River but that was brand new when I was last there. It is a small downtown area (they refer to it as Uptown) but you are right, great barhopping spot. I did not check out too many night clubs though.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

What!?!

No drinking in strip clubs? How is that even economically possible? How do the clubs keep their doors open? Let me guess, the liberals are behind this aren't they?
    same thing in cali

Yes. It's unreal. The strip clubs serve sodas
    yeah it tripped me out..i moved from florida where we dont have this problem.. but in cali.. its a no go

blingish
    blingish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2441

No shit? I'm from Raleigh. What high school you go to?
    I went to Ravenscroft.