dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interface is very easy to use,i like it very much. I cant wait to start wagering for real money.

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got a big fuking glitch for you Ganchcrow.the offers that I put out yesterday are cancelled and the money is avaliable again.Tell me why do I have to re enter the order on the day of the game?WHy are offers on the next days game auto cancelled when the system goes down for maintenance ?

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1048

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Not open in the morning?
    Big Joe...are you logged in? You have to do so again as there's not yet an option to save your login information. I believe that was the mistake I made. The site is open this AM for me.

mugsey15
    mugsey15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I'm in this morning. Hopefully today I can get it going. Been a tough few days.

dikefale

I still have this message : Exchange Down for Daily Maintenance

We'll be back up in the morning

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Granchow, It wont let me make any trades, says my web broser isnt the right one or something like that, But i have been trading up until today with this web broser, Im not a computer guy at all so i dont know what the deal is........................I can pull up all the info, but when i go to buy or sell anythingthe boxes next to risk or buy arent available, TY FBT

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

NOt able to go on either says down for maintenence

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Not open in the morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by lemart5 View Post
    Got a big fuking glitch for you Ganchcrow.the offers that I put out yesterday are cancelled and the money is avaliable again.Tell me why do I have to re enter the order on the day of the game?WHy are offers on the next days game auto cancelled when the system goes down for maintenance ?
    Up until now we've been closing the exchange at or shortly the last completion of the game of the day and in so doing canceling all open orders.

Anyway, This policy is now old news.

While for the time being we can't offer any support during off-hours, going forward the exchange will remain open 24 hours a day and live orders will NOT be automatically canceled when support closes for the day.

But please note that any problems experienced outside of normal support hours won't be addressed until after the start of business the following day.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by dikefale View Post
    I still have this message : Exchange Down for Daily Maintenance

We'll be back up in the morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdotbold View Post
    NOt able to go on either says down for maintenence
    As I posted above you won't be seeing this message any more going forward.

If you still see it now it's because your browser is pulling up an old (cached) version of the site. To pull up a fresh copy of the site and fix this temporary annoyance just just need to do a hard refresh:

Firefox: CTRL+SHIFT+R
    IE/Chrome: CTRL+F5
    Safari: SHIFT+Click Reload
    Opera: Not sure but on of SHIFT+Click Reload or CTRL+Click Reload should work

But again ... because we're no longer going to be routinely closing down the exchange each night you shouldn't have this problem again.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by Footballtime View Post
    Granchow, It wont let me make any trades, says my web broser isnt the right one or something like that, But i have been trading up until today with this web broser, Im not a computer guy at all so i dont know what the deal is........................I can pull up all the info, but when i go to buy or sell anythingthe boxes next to risk or buy arent available, TY FBT
    From examining our access logs it looks like you were originally using Internet Explorer 8.0 but then (from a different IP) started using a bnrowser that identified itself as Internet Explorer 7.0, which is not supported by the site.

Regardless of the cause, my advice to you would be to just download and install Google Chrome, which is far and away the best browser out there. It should just take just a minute or two to install once downloaded.

Way better than Internet Explorer 8, and a good notch or two above FireFox as well. And not just for the Exchange either -- better, faster, and cleaner for almost every site.

ewrestling4c
    ewrestling4c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Man stupid clemson game 121.5 under!!

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow View Post
    From examining our access logs it looks like you were originally using Internet Explorer 8.0 but then (from a different IP) started using a bnrowser that identified itself as Internet Explorer 7.0, which is not supported by the site.

Regardless of the cause, my advice to you would be to just download and install Google Chrome, which is far and away the best browser out there. It should just take just a minute or two to install once downloaded.

Way better than Internet Explorer 8, and a good notch or two above FireFox as well. And not just for the Exchange either -- better, faster, and cleaner for almost every site.
    Granchow, I had computer problems the past 2 days, some type of internal virus, called Toshiba and they helped me basically start my computer back to its original out of the box state. So i know that is why it now only has internet exploror 7, and i would assume thats why i have a different IP also???????????????? Anyways i am going to take your advice and install google chrome which i also used to have before, TY much appreciatted FBT

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7750

When is this exchange gonna be ready. Tell these guys to hurry up already.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

So far I like the basics of the exchange. It takes a few seconds and then it all makes sense. What I'm not liking is it's down often and the games are graded a ways off of the final. Not complaining... It IS a beta and I appreciate being able to participate in it. Exchanges are awesome in a lot of situations. I also love the competitive aspect of it - it's going to take a dickload of luck to win the tournament.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 03-18-11 at 10:57 PM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just getting into the nitty-gritty here. After playing with this for a couple of weeks, I'm getting a little tired of the soft blue. The orange and green bars look good, and 'Pinnacle'-blue at the top of the other bars would be a perfect compliment. I'm not really into soft colors when dealing with money. Then again, if it puts others to sleep that may not be a bad thing. If artistically possible, I'd prefer a greasy, motorcycle, tattoo kind of vibe (or an option to choose that). Sort of where Buddhism and fascism meet. The forgiven assassin of the murdered master. Only asking for this because we have your ear, Ganch. lol

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i'm starting to like the exchange now after a few days of using it... i'd just as soon see all 'ncaab' games listed under one heading or by rotation number... i really don't know where each of the teams is playing at and i have to open up each location to see the 2 games that will be played...

ewrestling4c
    ewrestling4c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I think this is great, very easy to use

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by clarkd32 View Post
    i'm starting to like the exchange now after a few days of using it....
    That's my experience too. The more you use it the more you realize that it's well thought out.

I agree with clarkd about having all the games listed under "NCAA Tournament" instead of broken down by regions. Maybe that ancillary info could go next to the game--or maybe it can be assumed that users who care will already know the site locations.

Also this morning, as I'm typing, games that had a line move were listed twice. It looks like someone added the line by adding the game with an extra line without deleting the original entry. Not a big deal, but it does add clutter. Here's an shot.

http://i.imagefra.me/b09i3wfs

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

When, through trading, you've made a profit on a game before it has started, shouldn't that profit be added to your BR, so that you can trade with that as well? The only risk would be if the game were canceled, or not completed, but in that case the trader would have to pay back the gains.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    Also this morning, as I'm typing, games that had a line move were listed twice. It looks like someone added the line by adding the game with an extra line without deleting the original entry.
    Good catch.

Actually what happened was that Don Best released line data for a few of today's mistakenly coupled with tomorrow's date.

Anyway, Don Best fixed that issue on their end, and we've since removed the incorrectly dated markets on ours.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    When, through trading, you've made a profit on a game before it has started, shouldn't that profit be added to your BR, so that you can trade with that as well? The only risk would be if the game were canceled, or not completed, but in that case the trader would have to pay back the gains.
    As you've pointed out, positive trading P&L will only serve to increase available balance in the market in which it was generated.

The rationale for this is just as you state ... if the game result were to be a push/no action then a player's actual trading P&L in that market would be zero and he could conceivably end up with a negative balance, which would represent an obvious liability issue for the exchange. In a sense, by allowing players to freely move trading P&L between markets the exchange would effectively be extending that player credit -- low risk credit perhaps -- but with non zero default risk nevertheless.

Now that said there are most some definitely some areas where your suggestion could be implemented to at least a limited extent. For example:

• Futures markets that have action regardless of any externalizes. For example, any trading P&L earned in a market such as "Will the Dems win the white house in 2012?" should be fungible with actual cash.
    • Trading P&L should be able to be shared across linked markets with non integer figures and should also include trading P&L derived from middles.

dikefale

Im having problem login to site now. Ive tried both on IE and Chrome.

Now its ok!
    Last edited by dikefale; 03-19-11 at 01:52 PM.

Ganchrow

Im having problem login to site now. Ive tried both on IE and Chrome.

Now its ok!
    Mea culpa.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Come on guys., grab that BYU OVER 149 at -107.

bookie

Anybody have any comments on the tutorial?

I thought it was clear, but a little wordy and could benefit from having the text alongside the images instead of referring to the one below. Also would like to see hyper links at the top that would take a user to each particular part of the overview, and a more thought out taxonomy of each part of the tutorial.

alienware
    alienware's Avatar Become A Pro!

great contest sbr is the best

Ganchrow

If you want to view your net positions but don't want to bother with the raw JSON feed I posted earlier, here's the same JSON only rendered in an HTML table (surrounded for no good reason with a CSS3 box shadow -- sorry IE 8).

http://www.xmexchange.com/static/html/net_fills.html

Once again you need to be already logged in to your account to view it, is undocumented, unsupported, built off a legacy feed, and just put up there as-is.

We'll put up a true UI-integrated widget, shortly post-beta.

dikefale

Yesterday i couldnt put any price at any side at game Syracuse. That happened in 2nd half. This save my ass on some poinyt of wiev,but i just wanna tell you about this bug.

bookie

Yesterday i couldnt put any price at any side at game Syracuse. That happened in 2nd half. This save my ass on some poinyt of wiev,but i just wanna tell you about this bug.
    dikefale...you're killing it in that contest...would love to hear how you racked up 30X starting bankroll.

dikefale

I can post screenshot,if i dont break any rules of contest....

alienware

ill be back i was in first..ill top 2

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

this thing was down for me the last 3 days.. said down for maintenance.. and that was at 11:00 AM , 12:00 PM , 1:00 PM

WTF ??

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    this thing was down for me the last 3 days.. said down for maintenance.. and that was at 11:00 AM , 12:00 PM , 1:00 PM
    As I had posted earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow View Post
    If you still see this message it's because your browser is pulling up an old (cached) version of the site. To pull up a fresh copy of the site and fix this temporary annoyance just just need to do a hard refresh:

Firefox: CTRL+SHIFT+R
    IE/Chrome: CTRL+F5
    Safari: SHIFT+Click Reload
    Opera: Not sure but on of SHIFT+Click Reload or CTRL+Click Reload should work

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    dikefale...you're killing it in that contest...would love to hear how you racked up 30X starting bankroll.
    I don't believe there are any rules except to have an account at RW...would love to see that screen shot.

alienware

im comin up...2nd place..dikefale im right behind you again

First 12345 Last