bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by ryanspeer2001 View Post
    I'm fine with a large dollar hold as long as the word holds true that it is not charged. Good luck with the race for sign-ups boys.
    Ryan just a heads up when using debit cards with hotels

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/hotel...it-cards_N.htm

I have heard this happen with gas stations too....

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by The Prick View Post
    jajajaj, chili new highway aint open now, figger the odds on that shit bein open after it starts rainin again
    yah i know, they can't ever get anything right. i rather enjoyed trips to jaco/hermosa while it was open. i'm going to jaco this weekend, so i really hope they get that damn bridge taken care of. who knows.

i'm sure it'll be just fine for august though. going the old way sucks, now that i've been on the new highway.

anybody know if los suenos is chica-friendly? some hotels won't let you bring putas back to your room. i suppose there's always the rent by the hour hotel rooms around the beatle bar.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

If i put in a deposit today, can i become a pro?

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by mdemps9190 View Post
    SBR_John comes through again...So ONLY pros can get the hotel rooms for free?
    what i see, non pros cant even go. i went last year but i guess im out this year

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post
    what i see, non pros cant even go. i went last year but i guess im out this year
    Deposit real quick and become one

Cabo
    Cabo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22747

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post
    The way I read what Sam says in the first post is that ALL posters are eligible for free rooms.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Wow lots of changes from last year....

was planning on making it but not sure anymore...

brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12488

Can you get a price per night for additional nights at the
    second hotel. Thanks.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33122

Quote Originally Posted by Cabo View Post
    The way I read what Sam says in the first post is that ALL posters are eligible for free rooms.
    Requirements for attendance:
    1. Must be an SBR Pro.
    2. Must have joined prior to January 01, 2011.
    3. Must have 250 post at time of registration.

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Requirements for attendance:
    1. Must be an SBR Pro.
    2. Must have joined prior to January 01, 2011.
    3. Must have 250 post at time of registration.
    Only the first 50 will be eligible for the reimbursement.
    So yes if you meet the requirements SBR will cover the cost of rooms.

joeyp1222

in the rules it states only pro may participate in this bash so i guess im out i only play horses so i dont use much online books i live close to the track and play 365 days a year i have my money in hand everyday and ive been stiffed online really good so i'll keep my money close to me. if i were a baseball. basketball, football, etc better, then maybe i would use them but not for horses. i had a very bad experience with a book and since i dont keep much online at all, i cant get screwed out of 12K again.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

Edit, double post

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

If this was Vegas I'm sure they'd cover non pros hotel rooms.....nugget prolly gave SBR 25$ rooms.

These rooms SBR is prolly getting for 150.

I have a feeling this bash is going to make Vegas look like fukin chuckie cheese.

So they only are inviting the guys who support SBR through this program.....my guess is bash budget has been raised 2x original bashes......can't fukin wait

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Man I got an continuing education class on thursday!! Guess I am going to miss it and be pushing refresh for 30 minutes prior to the sign up time. See you bitches there. And what are the cost for additional nights? Planning to get there early and leave out late.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I AM FU**ING STOKED!!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5087

Have fun boys, I don't think I'll be able to go unless airfare comes down quite a bit. Seeing airfare from MN close to $900 a ticket for desirable times I want to leave and I have to buy 2 tickets for my wife and I. Glad I got to go to the bash in Vegas last summer and meet a lot of poster and SBR employees.

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Quote Originally Posted by AMBlai01 View Post
    Wow lots of changes from last year....

was planning on making it but not sure anymore...
    Why not?

Amby, let's charge it for good ol' times!!!

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

Last year it cost 25 points to hold your RSVP
    None this year

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

There is no way I can go and I am leery of going out of the country at this time anyways. Hey Joey we could meet up at some city that has a race track. It sure would be nice to meet at Churchill Downs in the fall.

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Why u skurred to leave the country?

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

Post one. I am all over coming to Costa Rica.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Iwin and others it is now a $300 hold on cc, not $600. This is like any hotel room you book when traveling. Normally you can cancel 48 hrs in advance for no charge. And since these are Marriott properties I'd bet its no more than 48 hours.

This is not some cocktail party. This is an nearly all expense paid vacation to where Jurrasic Park was filmed! The rooms are not $50 like last year they are nearly $200. SBR will gladly pay for your room. But if for whatever reason you can't go you need to cancel or you WILL get stuck with the bill.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Iwin and others it is now a $300 hold on cc, not $600. This is like any hotel room you book when traveling. Normally you can cancel 48 hrs in advance for no charge. And since these are Marriott properties I'd bet its no more than 48 hours.

This is not some cocktail party. This is an nearly all expense paid vacation to where Jurrasic Park was filmed! The rooms are not $50 like last year they are nearly $200. SBR will gladly pay for your room. But if for whatever reason you can't go you need to cancel or you WILL get stuck with the bill.
    Nice looking family!

.....have I mentioned how FU**ING STOKED I AM FOR THIS BASH???

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Current rates will be approx. $180 US per night per room.
    In Costa Rica?? Maybe we do it a 3rd world country of Canada with more reasonable rates.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

How much is the price of beer in Costa Rica???
    Other expenses??
    Got to set up a budget..

Post some local prices and such. A price for nice "local" hotel.. etc

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    How much is the price of beer in Costa Rica???
    Other expenses??
    Got to set up a budget..

Post some local prices and such. A price for nice "local" hotel.. etc
    Local beer is about $2 each. Imported will usually cost extra.

There are numerous local hotels in Jaco (the location of the Marriott Los Suenos hotel at the beach) that run in the $40-100 range per night. The one that I am staying at this weekend is $59 a night w/ 2 beds.

A meal will run you anywhere from $4 to $50. Really depends on what you want to eat. When I hit the beaches, I usually eat alot of seafood, but even then, I'd say my average meal is around $5-6. Then again, I'm used to eating at local restaurants. If you just go to the tourist places, then your meals will be in the $10-$20 range.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Local beer is about $2 each. Imported will usually cost extra.

There are numerous local hotels in Jaco (the location of the Marriott Los Suenos hotel at the beach) that run in the $40-100 range per night. The one that I am staying at this weekend is $59 a night w/ 2 beds.

A meal will run you anywhere from $4 to $50. Really depends on what you want to eat. When I hit the beaches, I usually eat alot of seafood, but even then, I'd say my average meal is around $5-6. Then again, I'm used to eating at local restaurants. If you just go to the tourist places, then your meals will be in the $10-$20 range.
    I think if you are worried about the prices of food and alcohol, maybe a trip is something you shouldn't be doing. Just a though. Chili, I can't wait to party with you, you are the one poster I look forward in hanging out with.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

This is why I said in previous posts you better make sure the # posters secure the room with is a real CC # registered to them.

brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12488

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    Can you get a price per night for additional nights at the
    second hotel. Thanks.
    Is this $180 per night or can we get a deal through you. SBR/SBR John/ Sam

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post

I think if you are worried about the prices of food and alcohol, maybe a trip is something you shouldn't be doing. Just a though. Chili, I can't wait to party with you, you are the one poster I look forward in hanging out with.
    Uhhhhh......guess I won't count on you providing that free room before the bash any longer??

While I appreciate your candor......I must say your abruptness really stings!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post

It will be epic.

Really, Costa Rica is what you make of it. You can spend as little or as much as you want. Want to party like a rock star? No problem. You can be like a backpacker and stay in hostels for $5 a day, or go all out and blow through 5 dimes a day.

I would say that if you want to wake up the next day and feel like you could teach Charlie Sheen how to party, then plan on dropping at least $500 a day (multiple girls, plenty of alcohol, various substances, etc).

It really just depends on what you want.

joeyp1222

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    There is no way I can go and I am leery of going out of the country at this time anyways. Hey Joey we could meet up at some city that has a race track. It sure would be nice to meet at Churchill Downs in the fall.
    Id love to do delmar and check out the beach and few days back in vegas , the rest of the summer, you can find me at saratoga out back near banbury pub where you can play some uk racing too or you can find me down at the finish line in the patio resturant(got to grease matre'd there)

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Whats the hotel we would be flying in to? I need to find out how much it'd cost for me and a friend to make this happen. Still working on a college income budget for another year.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    It will be epic.

Really, Costa Rica is what you make of it. You can spend as little or as much as you want. Want to party like a rock star? No problem. You can be like a backpacker and stay in hostels for $5 a day, or go all out and blow through 5 dimes a day.

I would say that if you want to wake up the next day and feel like you could teach Charlie Sheen how to party, then plan on dropping at least $500 a day (multiple girls, plenty of alcohol, various substances, etc).

It really just depends on what you want.
    It's going to be a great time. The last thing on my mind is money, I am going there to have a good time and do whatever comes my way.. We will have a plan in motion if you know what I mean!

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Uhhhhh......guess I won't count on you providing that free room before the bash any longer??

While I appreciate your candor......I must say your abruptness really stings!!
    I never was going to provide you with a hotel room... I have no clue what you are talking about.. God Bless.

First 12345 ... Last