ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Rebate wager dot com where the players play.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

I am very excited about this!! With Matchbook not allowing US players this looks like it has great potential as a replacement.

Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

if I want to pick seton hall -4 at a rate thats not being offered do i click on seton hall and then sell? because when it ask to confirm my pick it says rutgers +4. Hope my question makes sense

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gio21 View Post
    if I want to pick seton hall -4 at a rate thats not being offered do i click on seton hall and then sell? because when it ask to confirm my pick it says rutgers +4. Hope my question makes sense
    Just Click on that game, click Seton Hall -4, when that opens up click on add on the SH -4 line.... you then just type in what odds you want and then select buy.

You can also do this vice versa and click on Rutgers 4, add odds, and sell it.

Hope that helps

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

if I want to pick a favorite and want to create and offer on seton hall -4 at a rate thats not being offered to i click on seton hall and then sell? Hope my question makes sense
    Well, if you were to sell Seton Hall -4 you'd be effectively be buying (i.e., betting ON) Rutgers+4.

So if you wanted to bet the favorite (Seton Hall-4) you'd click on one of the price cells next to the -4, enter your price and quantity and then click buy.

When using the sell button to place an order the price you'd enter would be the negative of the price at which you'd be looking to buy.

iceminers26

Gio

Easier way to explain it because I think you want to add own odds and not accept what is currently there.

If you look right now next to SH -4 there are 2 offers up, -115 to win a dime and -120 to win 100 but next to those two on the same line there are 3 add options, by clicking on add, you can set your own odds.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    Just Click on that game, click Seton Hall -4, when that opens up click on add on the SH -4 line.... you then just type in what odds you want and then select buy.

You can also do this vice versa and click on Rutgers 4, add odds, and sell it.

Hope that helps
    What he said.

Gio21

Gio

Easier way to explain it because I think you want to add own odds and not accept what is currently there.

If you look right now next to SH -4 there are 2 offers up, -115 to win a dime and -120 to win 100 but next to those two on the same line there are 3 add options, by clicking on add, you can set your own odds.
    When I try to add my own odds.

So I click on seton hall -4 when I go to confirm it says im betting ON rutgers +4. So does that mean I have rutgers +4. but I really want seton hall -4. So does it mean I have to create my own odds at rutgers+4 so I can be on Seton hall -4? First time doing this exchange thing and want to make sure I do it right

iceminers26

When I try to add my own odds. So I click on seton hall -4 when I go to confirm it says im betting ON rutgers +4. So does that mean I have rutgers +4. but I really want seton hall -4. So does it mean I have to create my own odds at rutgers+4 so I can be on Seton hall -4? First time doing this exchange thing and want to make sure I do it right
    No, just depending on which one you pick, Rut or SH, will determine if you select BUY or SELL... really doesn't matter which one you click on, just matters you click the right option of buy or sell.

So you want SH so click on them then scroll over a few spots, click on an open add on SH line, then just enter odds and amount and the click BUY.

You can also click on Rut, do the same scroll over to an open add and enter odds and amount (remember these are odds selling) and then click SELL.

Gio21

No, just depending on which one you pick, Rut or SH, will determine if you select BUY or SELL... really doesn't matter which one you click on, just matters you click the right option of buy or sell.

So you want SH so click on them then scroll over a few spots, click on an open add on SH line, then just enter odds and amount and the click BUY.

You can also click on Rut, do the same scroll over to an open add and enter odds and amount (remember these are odds selling) and then click SELL.
    Thanks a lot! Even though I messed up by not deleting my first offer

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

This is confusing, my offer was dismiised.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    This is confusing, my offer was dismiised.
    Could you be a bit more specific, rumple?

From looking at the log files it appears to me that you were filled on the only order you placed. Am I wrong?

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfk View Post
    no, you can join this contest if your outside the USA
    ok ... but I need a Rebatewager acount, and I spoke to RW live support and I was told that they do not accept customers outside US

All contestants must register at X-Markets Exchange using promotion code SBR. Posters must have a RebateWager account to win prizes. Open one here to be prize-eligible.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea i dont think rebate accepts customers outside the US

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking nice, Ganch. High hopes. Hardest thing is to make something complex look simple, and it looks like you accomplished that. Can you tell us what makes this exchange different from others, and how you or Blackie intend to address the liquidity issue?

Suggestion. Tutorial looks good, but maybe chop it up in bite size pieces. One brief page for each part of the trading process. I've noticed that many people (these days) zone out as soon as something feels like a long read.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 03-08-11 at 04:24 AM.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    ok ... but I need a Rebatewager acount, and I spoke to RW live support and I was told that they do not accept customers outside US
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    Well, I just signed up for an express account with them (the one just for contests) and it displayed my IP which is obviously from Australia. I just received my account information from RebateWager via email but when I went to activate it via the link they provided, it came up "bad request/invalid hostname". I tried this several times from two different browsers.

I know I was asked by Lou a few months back which banners I could see at the top of the page as SBR was making sure that banners weren't appearing for books if a poster in that country couldn't use the book. As of right now, I can see RebateWager which would lead me to believe that it's available to residents outside of the US. Maybe Blackie has changed his rules recently and SBR just hasn't updated the banners yet?

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Suggestion. Tutorial looks good, but maybe chop it up in bite size pieces. One brief page for each part of the trading process. I've noticed that many people (these days) zone out as soon as something feels like a long read.
    Couldn't agree more. But time being a valuable commodity I had really justed wanted to put up a very utilitarian document that suitably explained the basics. We'll just have to fix up the HTML a bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Can you tell us what makes this exchange different from others, and how you or Blackie intend to address the liquidity issue?
    Good questions.

I know this probably won't mean much to the majority of people, but I think what really sets us apart is the flexibility of the exchange backend application software. I believe I've designed a highly flexible and horizontally scalable system that will allow us to seamlessly offer a wide range of betting options. To name but a couple:

• Mutually decrementing offers across multiple markets. For example, a player could simultaneously offer 100% of his bankroll across any number of disparate markets, such that a fill in any one offer would appropriately decrement the others.
    • Teasers/pleasers/parlays/point buying and selling -- market makers (an indeed ANY interested player) will have access to a simple interface that would facilitate efficient liquidity provision in derivative and compound markets. This would be based based on just a small number of input variables (with default values available) and would obviate traders of the burden of monitoring any more the associated underlying markets.

What we figure is that the greater the extent to which we can meet the needs of the recreational player, the more profitable a trading environment we'll be able provide the professional player ... and the more profitable the trading environment the greater the extent to which professionals players will be interested in offering liquidity.

While we've yet to publicly release our API, it’s clear that an exchange requires a robust API product to have any chance at real success. Taking that a step further we also aim to provide dedicated API support along with open source libraries of automated trading tools developed and maintained in-house.

Of course this is all a bit down the road … this is very early in our lifecycle. My primary concern over the next month or so is getting the current vanilla front-end beta tested and properly tweaked.

And please keep the feedback coming.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    Yes, that is correct that RW does not accept non-US players.

However I can confirm that any non-US player who qualify for a prize in this contest will be paid through RW.

I should also note that the Exchange itself will have no such geographical restrictions.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

The idea seems very interesting. I will sign up for it soon.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    Ganch, can you offer any insight as to what commission structure you are looking at once this goes live? I'm really looking forward to this and hope it becomes a huge success.
    Thanks for the kind words.

I'll be posting some information about our anticipated commission structure once this contest completes.

What I can say now is that we'll be offering several options each designed for different types of players.

And in any event players will be able to trade commission free for the first few months.

mdemps9190
    mdemps9190's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7237

Looks good Ganch, but why don't you guys have more games available? Kind of disappointed to see I couldn't bet Butler today or a lot of the college hoops games.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by mdemps9190 View Post
    Looks good Ganch, but why don't you guys have more games available? Kind of disappointed to see I couldn't bet Butler today or a lot of the college hoops games.
    Only games in conference tournaments starting on the 8th and 9th are included.

If anyone wants me to post a particular spread or total on such a game just let me know.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow View Post
    Yes, that is correct that RW does not accept US players.

However I can confirm that any non-US player who qualify for a prize in this contest will be paid through RW.

I should also note that the Exchange itself will have no such geographical restrictions.
    RW allowed me to sign up but I was told that the acount will not be active ... anyway, I will use my acount no to sign up for the contest hoping that everything will be ok if I win some money

mdemps9190

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow View Post
    Only games in conference tournaments starting on the 8th and 9th are included.

If anyone wants me to post a particular spread or total on such a game just let me know.
    Butler -3 would be great, as well as all the NBA games. Thought this contest allowed for all sports. If you're going to test out the platform, why not open it up to all the pro games at least so you can get a real feel for some sort of liquidity and heavy use?

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

I have a quick question that hope someone is kind enough to answer for me.

How come most exchanges are built in a way where there are essentially two markets for the same game, one for each side? Whats wrong with the tradesports model where you either went long or short on an individual game contract that encompassed both sides?

I'm not a math guy, so maybe they are one and the same... but it seems like room is left opened for inefficiencies between the sides.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Just talk to Scott from X-Markets Excange CS and I can say that they have a great CS so far

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by mdemps9190 View Post
    Butler -3 would be great, as well as all the NBA games. Thought this contest allowed for all sports. If you're going to test out the platform, why not open it up to all the pro games at least so you can get a real feel for some sort of liquidity and heavy use?
    I appreciate the feedback and you certainly make a valid point, but the tournament rules have already been set and we really just wanted to limit the scope of this particular Beta.

This contest is the precursor to the larger Beta contest we'll be running for the Div I NCAAB Championships.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
    I have a quick question that hope someone is kind enough to answer for me. How come most exchanges are built in a way where there are essentially two markets for the same game, one for each side? Whats wrong with the tradesports model where you either went long or short on an individual game contract that encompassed both sides? I'm not a math guy, so maybe they are one and the same... but it seems like room is left opened for inefficiencies between the sides.
    Great ? and wish I could answer it but I can't answer your question because I wonder the same. I love exchanges but my only grip with most is the lack off setting different lines on games as opposed to just setting different odds. If I'm confident in a number I would love to have the option of giving a potential buyer a better number while giving myself better odds in the process. Matchbook did this here and there but wasn't always available and only on select games.

If Blackie and Ganch get this exchange established and running, I will fund an account and go through the tweaking stages if they continue to make improvements to it. I just feel you have to have an exchange as one of your outs.

Best of luck to all.

mdemps9190

Players may wager in all posted markets, markets will include NCAA Basketball conference tournaments.

Wouldn't that include WHATEVER you wanted to post in your market?

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Is there going to be a way in the future where we could put up our own lines, like right now UConn is at -14.5 for roughly -110, I would like to offer something like -15 @ +100.

mdemps9190

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETS View Post
    Is there going to be a way in the future where we could put up our own lines, like right now UConn is at -14.5 for roughly -110, I would like to offer something like -15 @ +100.
    I think this is a key feature that would increase liquidity by A LOT.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

How did I missed this thread? Guess it is too late to sign up.

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETS View Post
    Yes. We'll put up any alternate lines you like as long as you're willing to provide some liquidity.

As far as this contest gies, if you want me to put up a particular line for a posted game just let me know.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9824

im lost,, how do u make picks on this exchange site, im there now and got a headache

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you don't clue try use tutorial!

First 1234567 ... Last