View Poll Results: How much do you care about Libya ?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Could care less what happens over there

7 20.59%
  • I care a lot, believe it will effect Middle East policy and shape our future for 20 years+

10 29.41%
  • I followthe news, but am not losing sleep over Libya or anything

13 38.24%
  • I only care due to my prop bet with SBR John: Kadafi out by March 31

4 11.76%
    subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

human beings who feel joy/pain have children and grandchildren - u know human beings like u or me r suffering. ur callousness is saddening.

no compassion except from 1 poster. and no we should not add to the violence just because some of us r outraged...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I could care less about the people in Libya, but the problem is real. As long as this goes on, it will be a convient excuse for oil prices to climb, despite the fact that we get little, or no oil at all from Libya. The second problem is the fact that our government has no clue when it comes to doing anything about the situation. Obama is famous for his big mouth, but doing little. The Administration is making this sound as if we either have to invade, to stay out. That is not true. There are many military options that DO NOT include the use of land forces. An invasion is totally unnecessary.

Obama talks a great game. On the one hand, he deplores what is going on in Libya and calls for the immediate removal of Gadaffi. On the other hand, he refuses to do anything about it, other than "economic sanctions" which have never worked on any government and will not work here. The fact that the military has no contingency plan for this goes to show how lazy our military has become during this administration. All we hear from them is how this may not work, and the reprocussions of doing this or that. This administration is the perfect example of "all talk, no action".

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Oil prices fell yesterday after the Arab League said a peace plan for Libya was under consideration. That's not to say they won't rise the next 5 days. All the hysteria is a little overblown in my opinion and its mainly fueled by pure speculation.

From this morning's CNN Money

So long as oil supplies from the Persian Gulf remain relatively undisrupted -- and most analysts think they will -- there's a strong case that gas prices could fall 25 to 75 cents a gallon from their current perch of $3.43.
    As for the Obama Administration....if you were expecting some other approach, I would ask where you've been for the 1st half of his term.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I totally agree with you. I have been condeming that two faced fool since he took office. All he does is talk, while his policies destroy the nation.

First 12