jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

Any former US Players still waiting to receive their payment from them? I requested mine towards the end of the withdrawal period but it hasn't arrived yet...anyone else having this issue? Payment was only a few hundred dollars.

todd73nj
    todd73nj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1885

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post

Their rating needs to be higher if anything. I receive payouts at Matchbook faster than any other book (except maybe Pinny)
    It's not easy to just fully payout half your players at one time. I doubt any book would be able to do that. Look at Full Tilt and Pokerstars, it's 10 times worse there, they can't even payout ANYONE. I am from Canada and haven't received my payout since that whole fiasco began. I'm sure every US player will be paid by Matchbook eventually.
    Why would it be hard to pay your players? Its an exchange!

How does an exchange make money? Commissions.

If they are involved in the actual trading. That leads to a major problem. Because now its a book gambling on the sides. So I would expect my principle, and yours, and everyone elses to be available at all times.

When the new company management bought out the old - if this money wasnt being kept in a separate accouint - and they knew they were going to close their US accounts - they should have had a plan in place AND the money necessary to pay all US players.

It should be quite obvious to all - that the old MB management did not keep the account principles separate - or we would have been paid already - Because that money would not be part of the value of the company being sold because it covers debt.

And it should also be obvious that the new management did not have enough capital to buy MB, and pay all the US players. Or this would be done already.

And of course they will pay you if you are still playing there - you are generating the commissions that they are using to hopefully eventually pay me! They are clearly slow paying, and are using money they make to pay people the money they did not have to coming into this business.

Maybe in the future this new management will do it right. Keep players funds separate. Stop seeding the markets. And use the commissions as their revenue. But for now - their business model is very poor!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post

just let's have one single reference to a post where I've said anything incorrect on this subject

otherwise just stfu

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by jonmic View Post
    Any former US Players still waiting to receive their payment from them? I requested mine towards the end of the withdrawal period but it hasn't arrived yet...anyone else having this issue? Payment was only a few hundred dollars.

I am still waiting. But I will wait a bit longer before filing a complaint - whats the point? We all see whats going on. Some are getting paid, but its slow pay. I will get paid eventually, Im confident.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20537

Quote Originally Posted by todd73nj View Post

If they are involved in the actual trading. That leads to a major problem. Because now its a book gambling on the sides. So I would expect my principle, and yours, and everyone elses to be available at all times.

When the new company management bought out the old - if this money wasnt being kept in a separate accouint - and they knew they were going to close their US accounts - they should have had a plan in place AND the money necessary to pay all US players.

It should be quite obvious to all - that the old MB management did not keep the account principles separate - or we would have been paid already - Because that money would not be part of the value of the company being sold because it covers debt.

And it should also be obvious that the new management did not have enough capital to buy MB, and pay all the US players. Or this would be done already.

And of course they will pay you if you are still playing there - you are generating the commissions that they are using to hopefully eventually pay me! They are clearly slow paying, and are using money they make to pay people the money they did not have to coming into this business.

Maybe in the future this new management will do it right. Keep players funds separate. Stop seeding the markets. And use the commissions as their revenue. But for now - their business model is very poor!

still waiting

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

who knows really where all the money is...I do feel for all you guys that aren't getting paid immediately but I'm merely stating its very hard to pay out millions at one time. No book has to do that and If they did I'm sure it would be no different. The same thing happened with Pokerstars and Full Tilt...I am not even a US player and Full Tilt has no funds to pay me or anyone else. From what I've heard, a lot of US players have been paid and I'm sure they are getting to everyone slowly. I hope you guys do get paid soon and Matchbook continues to grow because they are still a top flight book and one of a kind.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am still waiting. But I will wait a bit longer before filing a complaint - whats the point? We all see whats going on. Some are getting paid, but its slow pay. I will get paid eventually, Im confident.
    The point is that it would hopefully affect their SBR rating, which is something that should be of value to them. Give them a little extra incentive to start paying their players and to quit stalling. Isn't that the point of ever filing an SBR complaint?

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strange that it takes so long to pay...

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Matchbook doesn't have a cash flow problem, they have a processing problem. Just because they are walking away from the market does not mean there is suddenly an authorized US payment channel. Combine that with the volume of requests and you're going to have delays. You'll get paid.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    Matchbook doesn't have a cash flow problem, they have a processing problem. Just because they are walking away from the market does not mean there is suddenly an authorized US payment channel. Combine that with the volume of requests and you're going to have delays. You'll get paid.
    Are you willing to start guaranteeing payouts?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would bet Matchbook does have a cash flow issue
    I have no idea how they can make much money anymore

Look at volume

dialup_king
    dialup_king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Blood View Post
    djtrub and dialupking I would like to know how your attempts at contacting matchbook went.
    I hope they went as well as it did for me.
    It went well. They were helpful and polite.

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post

who knows really where all the money is...I do feel for all you guys that aren't getting paid immediately but I'm merely stating its very hard to pay out millions at one time. No book has to do that and If they did I'm sure it would be no different. The same thing happened with Pokerstars and Full Tilt...I am not even a US player and Full Tilt has no funds to pay me or anyone else. From what I've heard, a lot of US players have been paid and I'm sure they are getting to everyone slowly. I hope you guys do get paid soon and Matchbook continues to grow because they are still a top flight book and one of a kind.
    But Matchbook is not a BOOK! When you bet at 5dimes, BetJamaica, Greek, whatever you are betting against the house. They want you to lose. Or they lay off money to try to collect a Vig.

Mattchbook is an exchange - the players funds will never be theirs unless they are seeding a market and losing. When tradesports was around, they claimed to keep fund in separate accounts - and my payout experience when they closed was great.

Does Betfair keep funds in individual account? You may know this better than me, because I do not play there for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post

The point is that it would hopefully affect their SBR rating, which is something that should be of value to them. Give them a little extra incentive to start paying their players and to quit stalling. Isn't that the point of ever filing an SBR complaint?
    I just want to give them some time. They said 21 days - and Im not sitting here saying I have to be paid on the 21st day. If this drags out to 45 days, SBR will get a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by dialup_king View Post

It went well. They were helpful and polite.
    But offered vague non-committal info?
    Can you post emails?

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post

MB has been late with a payment for me in the past. Only a handful of books I can say that about.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi guys,

Here's a Matchbook update.

Igetp2s

I just want to give them some time. They said 21 days - and Im not sitting here saying I have to be paid on the 21st day. If this drags out to 45 days, SBR will get a complaint.
    I guess you requested your withdrawal later in March than most people here. For most people, it already is 45 days or very close to it.

SpeedPro
    SpeedPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Didn't use them anyway! Looks like it will be there loss!

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedPro View Post
    Didn't use them anyway! Looks like it will be there loss!

why not ?
    do you have no respect for best odds available ?

redapple
    redapple's Avatar Become A Pro!

I requested the payout on Day 1 of the announcement. And the first time frame that they gave me on Mar 11th is 'The processor has confirmed that the withdrawal will be processed on Monday March 14th and we expect the funds to hit your account within 7 to 10 business days'
    Today is May 2rd, I am still waiting for my wire. And there were some interesting developments along the way. I will keep you guys updated about my payout status.

todd73nj

I guess you requested your withdrawal later in March than most people here. For most people, it already is 45 days or very close to it.
    March 27th or 28th it was I believe. Because I had to wait for these ******** to figure out 4 times how to settle futures and deal with all the lack of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post

why not ?
    do you have no respect for best odds available ?
    LOL.. Best odds for about $50 worth of liquidity!

MB is dead.

djtrub
    djtrub's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they don't pay me by Friday then I'm filing a complaint with sbr.

Igetp2s

I don't get why Todd and hareeba are fighting about every single minute detail regarding Matchbook's volume. Who cares? If you're happy at Matchbook, great. If not, go somewhere else. It's pretty simple. This arguing is silly and pointless.

todd73nj

I don't get why Todd and hareeba are fighting about every single minute detail regarding Matchbook's volume. Who cares? If you're happy at Matchbook, great. If not, go somewhere else. It's pretty simple. This arguing is silly and pointless.

Just call it like I see it. I posted screen shots. What more can I say.

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by djtrub View Post

How long have you been waiting?

Business days wise - exclude Sat and Sunday

Hareeba!

I'm not interested in arguing about MB's volume or odds. I and most players know they are better than anywhere else and use them every day. Very simple.

The argument is all about me attempting to defend myself against false accusations of being a liar and misrepresented quotes which Todd and Thremp consistently fail to justify.

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

Quote Originally Posted by djtrub View Post
    I also haven't gotten my funds yet, a small amount too....I am soon with you on filing a complaint

Irish_Blood
    Irish_Blood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thought I would check in and post my current withdrawal status.
    I sent an email (5/09/11) inquiring as to where we were in the process and I was informed that the withdrawal by CC was no longer viable and at this point they would issue me a check by courier.
    I contacted them again this morning by phone and I was told that my check was being issued today and that they would email me a tracking number no later than tomorrow.

Just to recap: I originally requested my withdrawal 2/28/11, that's 60 business days ago this Friday.

I will post again when I receive my tracking number.
    Last edited by Irish_Blood; 05-19-11 at 09:43 AM.

todd73nj

Thought I would check in and post my current withdrawal status.
    I sent an email (5/09/11) inquiring as to where we were in the process and I was informed that the withdrawal by CC was no longer viable and at this point they would issue me a check by courier.
    I contacted them again this morning by phone and I was told that my check was being issued today and that they would email me a tracking number no later than tomorrow.

Just to recap: I originally requested my withdrawal 2/28/11, that's 60 business days ago this Friday.

I will post again when I receive my tracking number.
    Hope you get it!

What a circus!

Irish_Blood

I received an email today with a DHL tracking number.
    According to DHL, my check just left Singapore, with no estimated delivery date.

I'll post again when it arrives.

todd73nj

Just hope it isnt one of those processors that was set up by the Dpt of Homeland Security.. that would be the icing on the cake!

Irish_Blood

Just hope it isnt one of those processors that was set up by the Dpt of Homeland Security.. that would be the icing on the cake!
    No kidding, I just found out today when I tried to visit betmaker.

I think I am safe since matchbook had already left the US market.
    It's possible they knew it was coming.

Irish_Blood

I finally received my check this past Wednesday.
    I hope it doesn't bounce.

todd73nj

I finally received my check this past Wednesday.
    I hope it doesn't bounce.

I emailed MB two days ago now about my futures. No response.

I certainly hope I am getting a check and not this credit to my card again. My bank is not going to believe my bullshit story again in 3 months about a refund to a card that I dont have anymore lol

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4766

I can log into my account this morning for the 1st time in maybe a few months? They usually won't even let U.S. customers access the site. Have they had a change of mind?

Irish_Blood

I emailed MB two days ago now about my futures. No response. I certainly hope I am getting a check and not this credit to my card again. My bank is not going to believe my bullshit story again in 3 months about a refund to a card that I dont have anymore lol
    I think they have stopped the CC withdrawals. I was happy they switched mine to check, I was worried about coming up with a plausible story for the refund.

Also, according to my banker, the funds are cleared.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 869

Pretty odd i just logged in too. They changed the design of the site.

First ... 2728293031 Last