fightingwarrior
    fightingwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do the spurs get bashed

people say the lakers are going to repeat and spurs have no chance they say if it is heat spurs even if spurs have hca HEAT WILL be favs how the fuk can you honestly say that.

24-2 at home if you say the heat are going to beat them on the road and be favs to do so how can you figure this.

spurs have only 10 losses last time i checked and 8 of them are on the road but come on even 8 losses on the road isnt bad.

how will the lakers be favs against the spurs some one explain this.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

They are in a small market, an Tim Duncan is boring to the public.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

the heat are an absolute joke, look at their record against the top teams,t hey wont be doing jack in the playoffs unless stern rigs it

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

Wow look at this KLC guy just dominating the points market!

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

they dont really get bashed IMO. they just don't get recognized since they don't have any HUGE superstars on the team.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I think either the Spurs or Dallas is coming out of the West. Both teams are deeper than the Lakers and both have bigs to keep Paul "Softy" Gasol and Andrew "My Knees Are Bad" Bynum in check.

East will either be the Celtics,Bulls, or the Magic if they get their act together.

Elevated
    Linning!
    Elevated's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

As long as they win that's all that matters really.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

Oh my god did you see what happened

Huego
    Huego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

there's a reason why the lakers are 4-1 in playoffs vs the spurs since 2001.

The Spurs dont match up with Lakers very well. Please tell me what big men will stop gasol/bynum/odom? In the early 2000s spurs had bowen to match up with kobe, but not anymore. Ginobili is gonna stop kobe?

The only team what will give the lakers trouble in a 7 game series is boston.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

I believe the Spurs also get bashed is due to their style of play-defense-defense and more of it. Spurs are not a up tempo type of Western Conf. team. We will see how far they get-the fact that some of the stars did not play this past off season and a strong bench has had a great effect.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    they dont really get bashed IMO. they just don't get recognized since they don't have any HUGE superstars on the team.
    Ginobili, Parker and Duncan aren't stars? gee wizz.

madrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    I think either the Spurs or Dallas is coming out of the West. Both teams are deeper than the Lakers and both have bigs to keep Paul "Softy" Gasol and Andrew "My Knees Are Bad" Bynum in check.

East will either be the Celtics,Bulls, or the Magic if they get their act together.
    dallas wont do anything. As usual.

madrabbit

Why dont spurs get kuch credit? well quite a few ppl have but tbh ppl know the lakers bring it out when it counts. It's not always what you see is what you get. If it is the cavs would have won the last 2 championships. The lakers try when they want to and are waiting for the playoffs anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

Kobe is still the best player in the league and the most clutch. You don't get old in half a season. Most ppl were saying the lakers wouldnt win it last season the cavs would. And the season before that.

Lakers will 3 peat barring a serious injury.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Future odds have spurs #4 at most places.

Yeah its no respect but I can see the Lakers being fave over anyone in the west.

Its not the regular season and refs will come into play.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Ginobli is underrated.

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

Its always been like that man, just accept it. It will be much moire exciting come playoff time when they upset the Laker.s

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

the spurs would beat the heat in a 7 game series if all healthy..the heat cant beat anyone over.500..primarily as u saw yesterday they play school yard ball

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

not sure who will win the championship,but i do know it wont be lakers,age is catching up to them,needs to get some extra geritol and doans pills

peiferbro1
    peiferbro1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I like the fact that the Spurs get overlooked. Just keep on winning is all that matters, and I think they have one last good run left in them this year. BTW...I went to school with Timmy Duncan! He is not that fun to watch, but he is a great player! "HUGE superstar" IMO.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Future odds have spurs #4 at most places.

Yeah its no respect but I can see the Lakers being fave over anyone in the west.

Its not the regular season and refs will come into play.
    what are the listed odds for "To win the west" and "to win the championship". If the juice isn't too bad I would think the Spurs would be a good bet.

MadMajor
    MadMajor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 967

Quote Originally Posted by panik View Post
    Its always been like that man, just accept it. It will be much moire exciting come playoff time when they upset the Laker.s

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Its funny, i was watching the end of the Spurs game last night and Sean Elliot (was an awful commentator but i think he is better now) said 49-10...pause...49-10....its still hard to believe when i say it, but when you turn on ESPN tonight you probably wont hear much about it, you'll hear a lot more about some other teams playing.

forevergrindin
    forevergrindin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

roon
    roon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

The Spurs, while for sure one of if not the best team in the league this year, are just not a sexy or glamour team. San Antonio is a great city, but it doesnt have the cache as Miami, LA, New York, or Boston. The have some great players in Duncan, Manu and Parker, but they are just not marketable. Besides what they offer on the court, they have nothing the league can promote. One cannot and certainly shouldnt discount them as a major major factor to win it all.

MadMajor
    MadMajor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 967

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Its funny, i was watching the end of the Spurs game last night and Sean Elliot (was an awful commentator but i think he is better now) said 49-10...pause...49-10....its still hard to believe when i say it, but when you turn on ESPN tonight you probably wont hear much about it, you'll hear a lot more about some other teams playing.