DroidHAM
    DroidHAM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Perkins to THUNDER

Jump on DENVER tonight! LOL

DroidHAM
    DroidHAM's Avatar Become A Pro!

@chadfordinsider Confirming what @WojYahooNBA reported. Jeff Green & Nenad Krstic for Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson is done

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

whoa... where did this come from? i'm not even a celtic fan and this just does not seem right

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

wtf , boston gets jeff green??? Jeff green is a good player, almost great. Wow boston won this trade although the thunder didn't need another scorer or sf. They got a center they needed. But now shaq will need to stay healthy

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Perkins is another who wouldn't sign an extension. Seems like the idea this year especially is to move any asset that won't be one for sure next year.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

WHat in the world?"

ttwarrior1

jeff green averages 37 min, 5.6 reb 1.8 ass, only 1.6 turnovers and 15.2 points per game

He was almost like durants pippen in a way except there pg is the 2nd best player.

Only 24 years old, stunning trade , how much will he play now with ray allen, pierce and garnett. I guess you can say he can backup all 3 players and still get in 30 min a game

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Love the trade as a Celtics fan. Perkins is a force on the defensive end, but he wants too much money and I highly doubt his knee will hold up for the length of any contract he'll be offered. He's not a $10/mil a year player, he just doesn't have the offensive skill set.

Plus, his temperament isn't very good. There's a difference between passionate and whiny.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

This makes no freaking sense for Boston.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Love the trade as a Celtics fan. Perkins is a force on the defensive end, but he wants too much money and I highly doubt his knee will hold up for the length of any contract he'll be offered. He's not a $10/mil a year player, he just doesn't have the offensive skill set.

Plus, his temperament isn't very good. There's a difference between passionate and whiny.
    This X100000

Like this move a lot as a Cs fan. Perk just reinjured his knee the other night, just another sign that he'll continue to have nagging injuries.

Celts are just banking on Shaq and Semih being healthy in the playoffs. Don't forget, Perk didn't start playing until a few weeks ago. They did fine without him

ttwarrior1

disagree, boston needed to get younger and they do so with green. When pierce or garnett are not in the game, boston just sucks. Jeff green will backup ray allen, garnett and pierce . Even though he is 6 9, he's more of sf-sg

Boston did fine all year without perkins. Perkins wanted money boston doesn't have , so they got kristac that will do just fine in his role along with shaq and davis and jermaine o neal

The Thunder needed someone that can rebound if durant and there pg miss a basket. They are one of the worst teams in the league at rebounding. Green is not an inside player

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Quote Originally Posted by DroidHAM View Post
    Jump on DENVER tonight! LOL

HAHA.

Good one. You know Perkins was out with a knee injury anyhow.

HotStreak
    Smokin'

Don't rule out the C's moving Garnett to cenetr.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Jeff green is a good player
    He is a crappier version of Kevin Durant.

rsnnh12

Semih and Luke Harangody moved to Cleveland for a 2nd round pick

BIG move from the Cs coming up.... Dwight please? Or maybe Sheed coming back? No idea, but 2 open spots now

HotStreak
    Smokin'

Looks like Troy Murphy after he clears waivers.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

What are the C's doing? If we play orlando or lakers in playoffs we need a tough big man like perk. Don't think Shaq is gonna hold together with his old body...

Not sure how this is gonna work out

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Was about to write the same thing, but Eddie beat me to it. Sure Jeff Green is a good player. And they just go more athletic to match up against Miami, but Garnett is now the only reliable big man on the team. You aren't winning a title without some more size. As seen in game 7 of the finals last year when Perkins was hurt, Garnett is a tremendous player but he can't control that paint by himself.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    Was about to write the same thing, but Eddie beat me to it. Sure Jeff Green is a good player. And they just go more athletic to match up against Miami, but Garnett is now the only reliable big man on the team. You aren't winning a title without some more size. As seen in game 7 of the finals last year when Perkins was hurt, Garnett is a tremendous player but he can't control that paint by himself.
    YA man, I don't like the move at all. Perk was a tough enforcer in the middle. This will hurt rebounding and our team defense. And the big dumbass could score a little around the hoop. Hopefully I am wrong and the C's get better

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

gl.

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was not a big fan of Perk ; but that was their "excuse" for losing game 7 last year to the Lakers, the fact that Perkins was out with an injury.
    Shaq can more than make up for him when healthy but when healthy is the key phrase there.

Who knows sounds like another move is coming from them.
    They won't have many guys on the bench tonite that is for sure.

rsnnh12

They were concerned about Perk's knee. Reinjured it again the other night. He'll be lucky to be playing at the end of the year :/ it sucks, bc I liked Perk, but 7 footers don't do well with lingering knee injuries.

So far, Perk, Robinson, Semih, Harangody, and Daniels are gone... 3 open roster spots still

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

So are the C's more worried about getting passed the Heat in the playoffs than playing the Lakers in the Finals?

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    They were concerned about Perk's knee. Reinjured it again the other night. He'll be lucky to be playing at the end of the year :/ it sucks, bc I liked Perk, but 7 footers don't do well with lingering knee injuries.

So far, Perk, Robinson, Semih, Harangody, and Daniels are gone... 3 open roster spots still

not overall in disagreement, but it was his other knee he tweaked this week, so calling it a reinjury is not accurate.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

From a OKC perspective I'm hoping Perkins knees hold up, but Green also turned down a extension this year so something had to be done.

betme
    hello
    betme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

perks suck anyways offensively.. everytime someone pass him the ball underneath the basket wide open.. it litterally takes him like 3 seconds to put the ball up.. he always do that double pump fake even tho no one is on him.. by the time he decided to put the ball up, someone run over and block it or foul where he could easily score.. happens 99% of the time i watch him play.. he suck

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

If he re-injured his knee that bad, how is he going to pass physical to make deal work?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

As a lakers fan...... Thank you....

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Celtics biggest advantage has been their size. They just gave up that advantage

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by slimpickins View Post
    not overall in disagreement, but it was his other knee he tweaked this week, so calling it a reinjury is not accurate.
    Oh, it was? My bad. Thought it was the same. Thanks for correcting me though

If anything, that makes the trade better... a 7 footer with both knees banged up? Not likely both will stay healthy

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

both teams has to it do as a key player on either team not agree to extension. I think bos gained 2 excellent role players; Kristic is a sound & underrated 7" centre & Green a potential scorer can play defend & backup 2 guard to small forward. OKC looks like the biggest winner with Perkins to match them up in the east against LA's and Heats.