jcadwell
    jcadwell's Avatar Become A Pro!

The SBR Store Needs ALOT Of Love

The SBR Store does a terrible job at describing the items that you can purchase with points. One sentence descriptions aren't adequate for many of the items in the store.

Anybody know why SBR doesn't give any love to their store? I would love it if they put more detail into the descriptions!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

This is what you have to complain out? Sam does a great job...and SBR provides a great service....Get a life

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Wow! What part of $25 gift card from Walmart you don't understand? You want SBR to list all items you can buy from Walmart?
    Points Awarded:

bobbyfk gave pavyracer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Some things in the store could use a bit of detail.

Took a look at a tv, this is it for the description, it gives the make but not the model and no specs:

42 inch 720p plasma HDTV by Samsung

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Wow! What part of $25 gift card from Walmart you don't understand? You want SBR to list all items you can buy from Walmart?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

They need more jjgold merchandise

Also need big and tall size shirts for us big guys

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

just like fat girls need love

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18837

How about different versions of the ipod, ipad and itouch?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Some things in the store could use a bit of detail.

Took a look at a tv, this is it for the description, it gives the make but not the model and no specs:

42 inch 720p plasma HDTV by Samsung
    How many different models of Samsung 42-inch, 720p plamsma HDTV's are there?

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I don't know. If there's only one, my bad...

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post

definitely more than one

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I agree. Some items itch for more detail.

Obviously a 25 $ walmart card dosent need detail and it was a worthless to post about it.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Sam does a great job and I've always recvd my purchases in a timely manner and recvd exactly what I ordered. As long as you have a 5th grade education you should have no problem figuring out the specs of what you are purchasing. If you dont have a 5th grade education, or are mentally challenged, just PM Sam, I'm sure he will answer your question. Wow, OP complaining about a store where everything is FREE....that takes the cake
    Points Awarded:

sam9ball gave ehp6737 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

The specific model of TV available for them to purchase probably changes often, email the store, they'll set you straight.
    Points Awarded:

jcadwell gave FuzzyDunlop 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jcadwell

there is definitely different versions and model numbers. i'm not trying to complain but i have almost 3700 points and i am looking to potentially win some of these big ticket items and i'de like to know more about them. best buy sells a PS3 bundle for the same exact price as a ps3 by itself. a 42' 720p plasma could be a model that is 3 years old. how many HDMI ports does the TV have? is it internet connectible? If you take a look at the Tom Tom GPS it has a wonderful description that lets you know what you are getting, all I am saying is that all of these items should be like that. Fuzzydunlop thanks for the suggestion, i didn't realize that you could email the store and ask them. that sounds like a very useful suggestion so i'm giving you 5 points.

jcadwell

32" plasma has no description... what brand is it? sony? westinghouse? insignia? a 32" plasma doesn't even exist on the best buy website. why the hell would i waste 9651 points on something that i know nothing about? sorry that i didn't specify in my first post, i wasn't talking about ALL of the items, i know what a $25 walmart gift card will get you.

Could we get a little bit of love for some of these items in the store though please!?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Most SBR members will never have enough points to buy anything that requires descriptions before purchase. Those that do have the option to email. This is a non-issue.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by jcadwell View Post
    32" plasma has no description... what brand is it? sony? westinghouse? insignia? a 32" plasma doesn't even exist on the best buy website. why the hell would i waste 9651 points on something that i know nothing about? sorry that i didn't specify in my first post, i wasn't talking about ALL of the items, i know what a $25 walmart gift card will get you.

Could we get a little bit of love for some of these items in the store though please!?
    It will always be cheaper to buy the gift card (Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, Target) and buy the TV from there. You also can get additional warranty, cables, accessories and whatever else you need from the store to suit your TV.

I also don't think SBR buys the TV's and keeps them in a physical store until someone orders one so maybe that's why they don't have detailed descriptions. Maybe they wait for the order to come in and then they order the current model that is available.

jcadwell

Its actually cheapter to buy the actual item vs. the gift card. A PS3 is $300 and costs 5273 betpoints. In order to get $300 in best buy gift cards it would cost you 6372 betpoints.

LChruscial85
    Tyler Bray to the Bills!
    LChruscial85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The fact that you can join a forum for free and get nice things for betting points you accumulate....Yea I definitely think you should complain about this....gimme a break
    Last edited by LChruscial85; 02-22-11 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo
    Points Awarded:

sam9ball gave LChruscial85 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

I agree about the store needing more product description, especially in the food and gift card sections. Sam told me that some gift cards are e-mailed to you as e-cards while others are physical cards that are mailed, but it's not really clear what exactly you're buying when you place your order. For example; I recently wanted to use some betpoints to buy booze so I ordered a $50 Wal Mart gift card, but if it was one of the items sent electronically then it would have been useless to me. Also, it seems like every time a thread about pizzas is made there's at least one person who has questions about what exactly the process is.

More information can't hurt and would probably only take a few minutes to add. Other than that, the SBR Store is solid.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by LChruscial85 View Post
    The fact that you can join a forum for free and get nice things for betting points you accumulate....Yea I definitely think you should complain about this....gimme a break
    It didn't sound like complaining to me. From what I understand, the SBR guys appreciate these kind of suggestions and feedback from their forum users.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by jcadwell View Post
    Its actually cheapter to buy the actual item vs. the gift card. A PS3 is $300 and costs 5273 betpoints. In order to get $300 in best buy gift cards it would cost you 6372 betpoints.
    The 42" Plasma 720p Samsung is $469.99 at Best Buy. So you need 9.5 gift cards to buy it 9.5 x 1062 = 10,089 points.

It is listed at the store for 12,027 points. So you save almost 2,000 points by ordering gift cards.

But for the PS3 it's a better deal to order it from the store. Looks like for small items buying from the store is a better deal.

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Due to the constant changes in electronics it is very difficult to place exact item descriptions on some items.
    But if you ask the last 2 posters that purchased the 50" Plasmas I don't think they will say I GOT SOME PIECE -o- CRAP. They actually had a Samsung Plasma sent to their homes. So the reason I used a very plain and simple description was for this reason. If you would like more info on a particular item, please send me a PM or email and I will gladly answer to the best of my ability.
    Sam

saints7011
    saints7011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    Due to the constant changes in electronics it is very difficult to place exact item descriptions on some items.
    But if you ask the last 2 posters that purchased the 50" Plasmas I don't think they will say I GOT SOME PIECE -o- CRAP. They actually had a Samsung Plasma sent to their homes. So the reason I used a very plain and simple description was for this reason. If you would like more info on a particular item, please send me a PM or email and I will gladly answer to the best of my ability.
    Sam
    and thats why I only associate with VIP moderators...

jcadwell

thanks Sam9ball. i'm sorry if i came off as complaining to anybody. I do appreciate this website and what it has to offer, i was just saying that some items in the SBR store lack a description and i wanted more information, and i wanted to know why SBR would not fix it.

Sam9ball explained why, and i understand. Now that i know that i can PM him for more information on items i have no problems with the SBR store. My only suggestion would be to possibly put a sentence in the description of each item saying "if you would like more information on this item, please send me a PM"

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are giving him free money and now he is even complaining ?

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    Sam
    Makes sense