Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2093

Quick Limewire Question

If I remove Limewire from my computer will it remove everything I've ever downloaded?

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope.
    Points Awarded:

Bob Loblaw gave slatter 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bob Loblaw

thank you sir

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

No, it won't Bob, If you've saved your file downloads to your hard drive or ipod which is where mine are. You can still use Itunes or any audio player to listen to your music. Right click a song and see where it shows, if its in Music > itunes, you'll be fine. I've already deleted Lime because as we all know, they got shut down. Frostwire is a pretty good file sharing site, although not as good as what Lime was.
    Points Awarded:

Bob Loblaw gave mikejamm 30 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bob Loblaw

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    No, it won't Bob, If you've saved your file downloads to your hard drive or ipod which is where mine are. You can still use Itunes or any audio player to listen to your music. Right click a song and see where it shows, if its in Music > itunes, you'll be fine. I've already deleted Lime because as we all know, they got shut down. Frostwire is a pretty good file sharing site, although not as good as what Lime was.
    Thanks. I already deleted it so hopefully it didn't take any songs with it. All the songs I cared about were already in Itunes so I assume I'm good. I checked a few random songs I used Limewire for and they are still there. I downloaded Frostwire last week and was happy with it. I was able to find everything I was looking for.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

If you Uninstalled the Limewire app, then all it does is delete the app and it doesn't delete the folder where you kept all your music.
    Your safe man.

Alfie B
    Alfie B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes get rid of limewire asap it is bad fukkin news. It fukked up my computer bad a year ago and it took me 2 weeks to fix. I really don't even like to type limewire on my computer any more.

Alfie B

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    Yes get rid of limewire asap it is bad fukkin news. It fukked up my computer bad a year ago and it took me 2 weeks to fix. I really don't even like to type limewire on my computer any more.
    Uninstall does not always work because the spyware and viruses are already there, you need security like AVG and Adaware to kill those.

brad89
    brad89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    Limewire didn't do that, you did.

But I agree, get rid of it!

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Yes -
    move your downloads to a storage device, then sterilize your computer.

Congrats on all your poker wins

Alfie B

Quote Originally Posted by brad89 View Post
    Limewire didn't do that, you did.

But I agree, get rid of it!
    Ya I did, I downloaded limewire.