valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

For the golfers here...

LOVE the game. Curious about a couple of things.

1) What are your favorite putter manufacturers and which type of putters from them? (I am a putter HO)
    2) Best course you have ever played

For me, I love lots of putters.

Scotty Cameron = NP Button Back
    Bettinardi = JAM w/ FIT face
    Byron Morgan = Bombora (maybe my favorite)

One to be on the lookout for is Scratch. They are getting into the putter market this spring. Their irons and wedges are fantastic so I'm looking forward to putters. Their handmades thus far have been outstanding.

Best condition course I have ever played is Athens CC (Athens, GA). Top "name" course is TPC Sawgrass. Saving funds for a west coast trip to play Pebble Beach and Bandon Dunes.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    LOVE the game. Curious about a couple of things.

1) What are your favorite putter manufacturers and which type of putters from them? (I am a putter HO)
    2) Best course you have ever played

For me, I love lots of putters.

Scotty Cameron = NP Button Back
    Bettinardi = JAM w/ FIT face
    Byron Morgan = Bombora (maybe my favorite)

One to be on the lookout for is Scratch. They are getting into the putter market this spring. Their irons and wedges are fantastic so I'm looking forward to putters. Their handmades thus far have been outstanding.

Best condition course I have ever played is Athens CC (Athens, GA). Top "name" course is TPC Sawgrass. Saving funds for a west coast trip to play Pebble Beach and Bandon Dunes.
    very familiar with courses in the area and have worked at many

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I played golf in college and in most of the top amateur events in the East and I'm like you...a putter whore (club junkie as well). My all-time favorite putter designs were the original Scotty's (Te I3) but they didn't have a tremendous about of feel compared to the newer models. At the moment, I'm on an Odyssey XG kick and have one in the bag right now. Ready to come in at any time though is the center-shafted two ball and the Ping G5i Mini-C center-shafted.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I played golf in college and in most of the top amateur events in the East and I'm like you...a putter whore (club junkie as well). My all-time favorite putter designs were the original Scotty's (Te I3) but they didn't have a tremendous about of feel compared to the newer models. At the moment, I'm on an Odyssey XG kick and have one in the bag right now. Ready to come in at any time though is the center-shafted two ball and the Ping G5i Mini-C center-shafted.
    where? I played at Auburn from 1991-95.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

University of Rhode Island from 1998-2001. Missed the entire senior season due to wrist surgery and I tried to rush back, cost me the spring side because of it. Busted up my wrist in the US AM qualifier trying to hack out of a hazard

KJ CottonChopper
    KJ CottonChopper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

I've got a couple of Scottys, Odyssey, a Taylor Made spider I really like. Don't switch around much, I should as bad as I've putted lately. Live in NC, so played #2 several times, but my best is probably The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. Amazing experience and the wind was insane the day I played. Hit em good everyone!!!

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6537

tried all the putters, 2 ball, scotties, YES, mallets, blades, even belly putters.

But nothing compares to the RIFE putters. i swear just try one out, and you will be amazed. I love the aussie black blade, i actually have 2 identical ones because i love it so much. probably sounds like a TV ad, but it literally shaved about 2-3 strokes off my games. first time in my life i feel so confident about anything 10 ft and in.

trust me just try one out, they are pretty affordable

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    where? I played at Auburn from 1991-95.
    how is athens cc the best you've played at then if you played at auburn??