Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    The gold bubble is just about to burst, mark my words. In short 2 years time gold prices will drop more than 50%.
    People were sayin that years ago, hasn't happened. Gold continues to climb.

KneebarYaMotha
    KneebarYaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!

The value just keeps going up and up

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

If you sell right now, ill buy every ounce you have for 600 betpoints. So the choice is up to you my friend.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    People were sayin that years ago, hasn't happened. Gold continues to climb.
    What goes up must come down. Unless you live in bizarro world where people buy high and sell low I'll say you've missed your gold train years ago. It's time to divest now.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys,

To answer your question kgambler, united states and approx 16k, rather invest then gamble it all away on sports
    Were you around in the early 1980's when gold skyrocketed to over $800 an ounce? The gold experts said it was on its way to $2000 an ounce. The suckers on the street jumped in and then the bottom fell out. Gold prices plummetted.

When the masses start buying gold, time to sell.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post

Bullseye!

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Were you around in the early 1980's when gold skyrocketed to over $800 an ounce? The gold experts said it was on its way to $2000 an ounce. The suckers on the street jumped in and then the bottom fell out. Gold prices plummetted.

Yeah, I was in on that. I only invested $1500, doubled my money, lost it all.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    The gold bubble is just about to burst, mark my words. In short 2 years time gold prices will drop more than 50%.
    then i could buy a lot more.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawdino View Post
    Buy physical gold... unless you are a "pro" don't play the contratcs, ETFs. Buy fractional gold and/or silver...ie, 1/10 ozt, 1/4 ozt gold coins. Also, the mining shares have been holding their own. Buy with cash...if you spend $10,000+ in cash at one place at one time then you will be required to give your info, thus the gov't will be aware...so, just spend your $16k over a few purchases at a few different places. Mainstream news doesn't support gold or silver, they would rather you spend your money elsewhere...stock market, ect.
    Agree. Buy the 1/10th ounce American Gold eagles preferably . you don't want ounce chunks of gold if they become worth a ton.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Buy gold because it is money. Money holds value.
    Fiat currencies lose value. The U.S. is so far in debt they can NEVER get out.
    It is getting worse by the minute.
    The more money printed(QE1, QE2......) the more devalued the buck.

What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

All this talk about "stimulus packages" and "bailouts"...
    A billion dollars...
    A hundred billion dollars...
    Eight hundred billion dollars...
    One TRILLION dollars...
    What does that look like? I mean, these various numbers are tossed around like so many doggie treats, so I thought I'd take Google Sketchup out for a test drive and try to get a sense of what exactly a trillion dollars looks like.
    We'll start with a $100 dollar bill. Currently the largest U.S. denomination in general circulation. Most everyone has seen them, slighty fewer have owned them. Guaranteed to make friends wherever they go.

A packet of one hundred $100 bills is less than 1/2" thick and contains $10,000. Fits in your pocket easily and is more than enough for week or two of shamefully decadent fun.
    Believe it or not, this next little pile is $1 million dollars (100 packets of $10,000). You could stuff that into a grocery bag and walk around with it.
    While a measly $1 million looked a little unimpressive, $100 million is a little more respectable. It fits neatly on a standard pallet...
    And $1 BILLION dollars... now we're really getting somewhere...
    Next we'll look at ONE TRILLION dollars. This is that number we've been hearing so much about. What is a trillion dollars? Well, it's a million million. It's a thousand billion. It's a one followed by 12 zeros.
    You ready for this?
    It's pretty surprising.
    Go ahead...
    Scroll down...
    Ladies and gentlemen... I give you $1 trillion dollars...
    Notice those pallets are double stacked.
    ...and remember those are $100 bills.
    So the next time you hear someone toss around the phrase "trillion dollars"... that's what they're talking about.

Now think 14 Trillion Dollars
    When Obama promises a few billion in cuts to help the deficit you can see the futility of it.
    Inflate or Die!

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

From Robert Chapman's recent radio interview, "JP Morgan has been naked shorting the silver market...and for every contract they were able to cover, for ounce of silver, they SOLD 45!!!...which is insanity".

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

From Robert Chapman's recent radio interview, "JP Morgan has been naked shorting the silver market...and for every contract they were able to cover, for ounce of silver, they SOLD 45!!!...which is insanity".
    please explain for us noobs

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by 99Boxster View Post
    please explain for us noobs
    It means that they are heavily selling silver (futures contracts) which they do not own, speculating that the price will fall.
    Last edited by FourLengthsClear; 02-12-11 at 10:00 PM.

Derrick Bros
    Derrick Bros's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gold is the next big bubble to burst, after the student loan bubble of course.

99Boxster

What should we be buying right now

Mike Huntertz

Gold

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

That was a special instance. Take a look at the gold chart posted above and realize that gold has been going up steadily in the last 10+ years. The example you cite happened in a matter of months. You are comparing apples to oranges.

The deciding factor is the US dollar value as the price of gold is often inverse to the value of the dollar. Look at a chart of the US dollar index in the last 10 years. It has been falling as the price of gold has been climbing.

Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

I currently have most of my net worth invested in various gold instruments. What I mean by saying this is that I did my homework and I put my money where my mouth is. I can attest that an opinion of gold being in a bubble state can only come from a person who is completely ignorant on the matter.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

it is IMPOSSIBLE for gold to drop as long as it is traded in US dollars

if this is about to change , dump it fast

Mike Huntertz

Gold has value everywhere.
    In some places it is the only thing of value......other than things you can eat.
    Google "inflation."..............learn.

Outlawdino

With silver hanging around at $27-31 for sometime...a move is going to happen....up or down....peaks and valleys are tough but when it sets a consistent point for some time you know it's not going to "straight line" on the graph for too much time considering the higher the price, the higher volitility/major swings during the market day for commodities such as gold/silver.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I think silver is a better investment.

99Boxster

With silver hanging around at $27-31 for sometime...a move is going to happen....up or down....peaks and valleys are tough but when it sets a consistent point for some time you know it's not going to "straight line" on the graph for too much time considering the higher the price, the higher volitility/major swings during the market day for commodities such as gold/silver.
    So you think we should do a high risk/high reward gamble and buy the silver now?

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

I'd say invest in gold papers with low commision.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    it is IMPOSSIBLE for gold to drop as long as it is traded in US dollars

if this is about to change , dump it fast
    Well it was traded in USD around 1980 when it peaked at somewhere around $1,000 ( or more like $3,000 adjusted for inflation)...been traded in USD ever since ( and before).....

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

if silver happens to make another drop i'll buy some more. interesting info about jp morgan above.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

I was the first to mention silver and it has gone up 9.2% since that day

jayroy25
    jayroy25's Avatar Become A Pro!

invest in gold is a great idea it gonna be a great investment

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Well it was traded in USD around 1980 when it peaked at somewhere around $1,000 ( or more like $3,000 adjusted for inflation)...been traded in USD ever since ( and before).....
    the amount of money printed since that period has gone up expotentially , thus greatly diminishing the underlying value of said currency

yet the true worth of gold has possibly increased due to increased demand from china and india

Outlawdino

If you are going to invest, don't think for one second that buying a few ozt of gold and /or silver are going to make you rich or put you in a good financial position to hedge the dollar or anything at that matter. It takes a consistent will to make it a habit to invest here and there over time...just as if you have a 401k that you are contributing to.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i guess i don't expect it to make me rich... hell i'll be happy as long as it makes more than my savings account or a cd would...

Outlawdino

Quote Originally Posted by clarkd32 View Post
    i guess i don't expect it to make me rich... hell i'll be happy as long as it makes more than my savings account or a cd would...

Nice reasoning...my thoughts as well.

99Boxster

Where do you guys buy the silver and what kind. I see theres alot for sale on ebay

Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    I was the first to mention silver and it has gone up 9.2% since that day
    Below was posted on November 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    Yes, but silver could be a better option. I like rhodium as well.
    The price of silver at the time posted was $25.0 The price of silver as I am typing this message is $32.66. This makes for 30.6% gain in about 100 days.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

as a former market professional, when 'joe public' wants to buy in with both fists, it's time to sell ... at least in the short-near term

and to refute whomever it was that made the remark, gold is fixed/quoted in USD, GBP and EUR each day at the pair of LBMA daily quotes.
    Last edited by chachi; 02-20-11 at 11:58 AM.

First 123 Last