YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

The word "FIX" is used too commonly!!

I've been reading a lot on here and seeing many emails.

I never get when a team gets a backdoor win why people all of a sudden call FIX FIX!!

How the hell does a player KNOW he can make a last second 3? Even a pull up jumper?

The only time I may suspect a "fixed" or "thrown" game, would be when refs call 40-60
    fouls like their lives depend on it. A month or so back KSU played some team I am not sure. But the refs called maybe 63 fouls. I watched the game, it was fixed for the over for sure. The refs called fouls when players were standing a foot away. They called I believe 2-3 3 pointer fouls, 1 of which the defender was inside the 3 line and somehow got called.

Not saying I do not believe that BACKDOORS are fixes, but for the most part, this word is thrown too often because you lose your bet.

My Opinion.

GL ALL

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

It's only a fix if you lose.

Kinda like calling a girl a bitch when she won't put out. If she puts out, well then she's obviously not a bitch.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

Correct, it's a fix if you lose. If GOD's hand if you win.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I lost = obvious fix.
    I won = I am a great handicapper.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

yeah ive been seeing it so much in the tennis forum lately.

a couple days ago- a favorite was winning handily and most ppl had the underdog +7.5 games...everyones like oh its fixed its fixed, the favorites dominating too much. (underdog kept it close enough in the end)

then they had a -200somethingish favorite and he was down a break (not that much) and they're all like its fixed its fixed. (favorite won)

this was in a span of like 3 hours.
    get a grip people.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Yes, saying it is FIXED is a commone expression of a loser with a losing bet.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED

Do not get me wrong, point shaving I am sure is going on. Probably more so in smaller conferences. But lets be honest with ourselves. Even if a game was fixed and you were on the RIGHT side, would you really give two fukks

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

A game is fixed when you put the triple lock on a game and lose.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You know what the law says. You are non-guilty until proven otherwise. Same with games. Each game is not a fix until proven otherwise.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

That's the forums for you. Every sports loss is a fix, every craps or blackjack loss is rigged, every girl who turns them down is a slut, etc.

A lot of these guys live with black clouds hanging over them 24/7. The whole world is out to get them.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    Do not get me wrong, point shaving I am sure is going on. Probably more so in smaller conferences. But lets be honest with ourselves. Even if a game was fixed and you were on the RIGHT side, would you really give two fukks
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    A game is fixed when you put the triple lock on a game and lose.
    there is cheating, is fixing, is point shaving but some times its just bad freethrow shooting. athletes staying out late at a strip club the night before- stuff like that.

and yeah how else can a triple lock of the year guaranteed 5star iron lock pick lose unless the fix is in.