rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    GOP needs someone like Reagan to have a chance. You know someone who knows nothing about politics but when put in front of a camera can captivate the crowd with his charm and words.
    So you're saying they need their own Obama?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post
    I think the problem here - as Pavy says - is that Republicans are convinced that everybody MUST see the world the way that they do - they cannot even conceive that anybody could ever vote for this idiot ... when in reality - the majority of people are quite happy with the job that he is doing, his poll numbers are up, his approval rating is up, the economy is getting better, unemployment will be down by the time the election rolls around, the Republicans will not have a valid candidate, and all they will have to throw at him come election time will be the same old "He was not born in America", "His middle name is Hussein", "His name sounds like Osama", crapthat they tried to throw at him last time ... I predict a landslide

you are a prime example of why I have no hope for this country, anytime you agree with pavy you should be questioning you sanity
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-04-11 at 01:38 PM.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Would be great if Romney ran against Obama

How could he argue against Obama's health care plan???

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Politics are dirty they can say Obama has not made good on his promises but every potential candidate will have dirt. Palin can be accused of having a hand in the Arizona killings, GOP claims to be damn near a Christian organization and Palin and Romney seem like extremists when it comes to religion and or thought process. On the other hand, Donald Trump is highly visible and not quite as annoying as Palin. Finally, Donald Trump, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, and Scott Brown are the only GOP candidates with a remote chance. You should hold your cash for a better line. Like +250.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

GOP needs someone like Reagan to have a chance. You know someone who knows nothing about politics but when put in front of a camera can captivate the crowd with his charm and words.
    Sad but this is probably true. It's not about leadership or your platform, it's who is better on TV and behind a podium. That's how Obama got elected in the first place.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    i get an email newsletter subscription from a political analyst at my university.

not sure how to post up a link but i will try to dig it up.

i think you can sign up for it for free. Its called "Sabato's Crystal Ball". if you become a subscriber i believe you can view past pages, or simply email them and ask for prior issues.
    of course you think he will be gone.. You live in the south right??? Nobody will be able to beat him...+125 odds are a steal.. Remember this country voted a "daddy buy me this" retard for 2 terms.. I may vote for huckabee though..

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post

you are a prime example of why I have no hope for this country
    The feelings mutual

Strange thing is .. every time I do one of those political quiz questionnaires, it shows I lean right .. weird huh?
    Last edited by jw; 02-04-11 at 02:05 PM.

brooks85

well it should ease your mind then to know I did NOT vote obama. You and your family are welcome, especially if any of them run a business. And if you have kids or are planning to, I was looking out for them also when I voted Mccain.

Thanks for returning the favor

Ill be sure to explain to my kids in 20 years why we are not using nuclear power and why we are not on the moon harvesting H3 was because you voted obama. China thanks you rarry rarry much.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-04-11 at 02:11 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    Politics are dirty they can say Obama has not made good on his promises but every potential candidate will have dirt. Palin can be accused of having a hand in the Arizona killings, GOP claims to be damn near a Christian organization and Palin and Romney seem like extremists when it comes to religion and or thought process. On the other hand, Donald Trump is highly visible and not quite as annoying as Palin. Finally, Donald Trump, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, and Scott Brown are the only GOP candidates with a remote chance. You should hold your cash for a better line. Like +250.
    You want someone with this hair to be your president?

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

well it should ease your mind then to know I did NOT vote obama. You and your family are welcome, especially if any of them run a business. And if you have kids or are planning to, I was looking out for them also when I voted Mccain.

Thanks for returning the favor

No business, no kids, no plans to have any.

Though my taxes do put your kids through school .. I just wish you'd also let me pay for your familys healthcare via my taxes too ... BTW .. you're welcome :0)

brooks85

must be nice to vote for a president when you are just concerned about yourself and no one's future, let alone the country's future.

brooks85

No business, no kids, no plans to have any.

Though my taxes do put your kids through school .. I just wish you'd also let me pay for your familys healthcare via my taxes too ... BTW .. you're welcome :0)

you already were before Obamacare, my father thanks you.

What you dont realize is we turned the entire countries already struggling healthcare system(mainly due to illegal aliens, lawsuits and bankruptcys) on its head to accommodate roughly 10% more people. Who in return are also not going to pay their bills.

so lets check this

Same amount of doctors and nurses who are already understaffed
    10+million more patients
    More taxes
    More expensive healthcare

genius idea, our death rates for serious complications should rise and compete with canada in no time.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-04-11 at 02:22 PM.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

must be nice to vote for a president when you are just concerned about yourself and no one's future, let alone the country's future.
    Yup - as I said - i'm in it just for myself .. my taxes don't pay for your kids education huh .. or your grandkids ... ? and i'd have gladly paid for your healthcare via my taxes .. selfish ain't I ?

you already were before Obamacare. My father thanks you.
    Tell him he is welcome .. i'd gladly pay more tax to cover everyone's healthcare

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

this has to be the most retarted statement ever... Healthcare for the old and poor= selfish.. Bailing out the banks that have your money= selfish..... Giving haliburton all the top notch contracts= not selfish....

brooks85

no what would be "retarded" by the definition of the word would be Obamas revamping of your healthcare system which was just fine for 90% of the country and the MAJORITY of the people the new system helps dont even pay taxes. You look like a fool King, go do some research.

and please dont even bring the bailout up because I doubt you have a clue about it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If you ask 99% of the people who oppose the Obama healthcare system why do they oppose it they won't answer. Well it must be bad since Obama sponsored it but I have know idea what is it about. Rush Limbaugh said on the radio is bad so it must be bad.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

absolutely no reason to make a bet right now unless you like a longshot to win.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

If you ask 99% of the people who oppose the Obama healthcare system why do they oppose it they won't answer. Well it must be bad since Obama sponsored it but I have know idea what is it about. Rush Limbaugh said on the radio is bad so it must be bad.

Read post #47. Brooks just gave you some reasons.

lyon804

Brooks you are fighting a losing battle in here arguing with the liberals. They like Obama and think he is a fine leader of the US.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Giving haliburton all the top notch contracts= not selfish....
    Clinton did that too...

lyon804

Liberals by nature always seem to have the "underdog" mentaility. Never quite fit in anywhere.. Always picked last at kick ball, never could climb to the top of the rope in gym class. Always "settled" in life for 2nd best. I doubt there are ANY liberals in this thread that was captain of the football team, all state/college athlete/pulled the homecoming queen.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

you already were before Obamacare, my father thanks you.

What you dont realize is we turned the entire countries already struggling healthcare system(mainly due to illegal aliens, lawsuits and bankruptcys) on its head to accommodate roughly 10% more people. Who in return are also not going to pay their bills.

so lets check this

Same amount of doctors and nurses who are already understaffed
    10+million more patients
    More taxes
    More expensive healthcare

genius idea, our death rates for serious complications should rise and compete with canada in no time.
    So - tell me - why can every other civilized country in the world provide healthcare for citizens at less than half the cost that we spend to cover significantly less?

My wife is a nurse, let me tell you ... she charged someone $400 for a tylenol last night.

My insurance company covers me 100% if i do my lab work at a place that charges $850 to do my labs - but they only cover me 50% if I go somewhere that charges $250 to do exactly the same work ...

The problem is all of the secret handshakes and behind closed doors deals that insurance companies and healthcare providers work up between them. The insurance companies spend millions persuading you Republicans that this was a bad thing - you bought it and forced the bill to be watered down .. and because of the amount of screaming and shouting you did (on the insurance companies behalf) we all ended up with a half-assed watered down system of something that would have and could have worked.

brooks85

and make no mistake, I am by no means saying a republican candidate is better. If we could get another JFK it would be great, first he would correct Obama's gravest mistake of shutting down the constellation program.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First of all, it is obvious that none of you have the slightest clue about wagering. If you did, you would know it is beyond stupid to make a wager on an event occuring 22 months from now. Next, so many of you are so radical (on BOTH sides) that you have no clue about what the real issues will be in 2012. Try getting out of 2011 first.

As far as healthcare goes, I belong to Kaiser. They have their own hospitals, their own labs, and their own Doctors and speciaists. I could care less how much they charge, because it is all free for me, minus a very low co-payment. How did I get such a great deal? It is simple, though I doubt most of our Liberal friends would understand the concept. I worked for it. It is part of my retirement. In order to get retirement benefits, you have to WORK. I know that is a strange concept for Liberals to understand.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 02-04-11 at 02:44 PM.

rsnnh12

Problems with Obamacare-
    Forces people to get something they may or may not want/need
    18+ million people will still be uninsured by 2020
    Not making people accountable for their own health. No tax breaks for people who are healthy. Everyone would pay the same rate, regardless of their health, and their future drain on the system... look at car insurance... if you get in an accident, you pay more. Obamacare ignores the incentive to be healthy.
    Near-elimination of Physical Therapy, which is a big help in preventing more serious injuries and expensive surgeries

Rush told me to say all these things

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Liberals by nature always seem to have the "underdog" mentaility. Never quite fit in anywhere.. Always picked last at kick ball, never could climb to the top of the rope in gym class. Always "settled" in life for 2nd best. I doubt there are ANY liberals in this thread that was captain of the football team, all state/college athlete/pulled the homecoming queen.
    I guarantee you if you put me right next you, you'll be the underdog.. But I don't like to be a selfish " daddy buy me this" brat...

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    First of all, it is obvious that none of you have the slightest clue about wagering. If you did, you would know it is beyond stupid to make a wager on an event occuring 22 months from now. Next, so many of you are so radical (on BOTH sides) that you have no clue about what the real issues will be in 2012. Try getting out of 2011 first.
    You're joking right???? I'm wondering if you have ever placed a wager on ANYTHING before.

-145 could be a steal if the "wrong" GOP candidate is selected to run, such as Palin. If Palin were to get the nod, I can guarantee Obama's odds would go to -250 or higher.

So please, take this nonsense out of my thread, there's a reason why books release odds this early so that you can take a calculated risk at locking in a better line.

rsnnh12

So - tell me - why can every other civilized country in the world provide healthcare for citizens at less than half the cost that we spend to cover significantly less
    Their quality of care is nowhere near the US. We still have the highest cancer survival rates by far. We develop almost all of the newest technologies and medicines, all of which we give away for next to nothing. If other countries had to do all of this research, their systems would be in even worse shape than they already are.

Also, insurance companies supported this bill... it guarantees them customers with no way to control what they charge. Why wouldn't they want that?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Fang-Banger View Post
    You're joking right???? I'm wondering if you have ever placed a wager on ANYTHING before.

-145 could be a steal if the "wrong" GOP candidate is selected to run, such as Palin. If Palin were to get the nod, I can guarantee Obama's odds would go to -250 or higher.

So please, take this nonsense out of my thread, there's a reason why books release odds this early so that you can take a calculated risk at locking in a better line.

I have wagered and won more money that you will ever see in your entire life. That is an undisputable fact. The fact is that you are tying up your money for 22 months with absolutely no return on investment. You may as well put it in a piggy bank. You are also risking your money in a book that may, ro may not even be around in 22 months. Sure it probably will be around, but stranger things have happened. Only the illiterate gambler wagers on an event 22 months in advance.

lyon804

So - tell me - why can every other civilized country in the world provide healthcare for citizens at less than half the cost that we spend to cover significantly less?

My wife is a nurse, let me tell you ... she charged someone $400 for a tylenol last night.

My insurance company covers me 100% if i do my lab work at a place that charges $850 to do my labs - but they only cover me 50% if I go somewhere that charges $250 to do exactly the same work ...

The problem is all of the secret handshakes and behind closed doors deals that insurance companies and healthcare providers work up between them. The insurance companies spend millions persuading you Republicans that this was a bad thing - you bought it and forced the bill to be watered down .. and because of the amount of screaming and shouting you did (on the insurance companies behalf) we all ended up with a half-assed watered down system of something that would have and could have worked.

You make very good, valid points. Tell me this though... When was the last time THE GOVERNMENT fixed anything, make it better, more efficient, or cost less???? Answer me this and I might go along with your government healthcare pipe dream

But, as is the case with many liberals whenever facts have to be brought to the game everybody suddenly vanishes.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    You make very good, valid points. Tell me this though... When was the last time THE GOVERNMENT fixed anything, make it better, more efficient, or cost less???? Answer me this and I might go along with your government healthcare pipe dream

But, as is the case with many liberals whenever facts have to be brought to the game everybody suddenly vanishes.
    What facts?? I can go on the Internet and find numbers that support my thinking...

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by Fang-Banger View Post

i could be wrong but i think the odds on obama back in '08, less than two months before the election were only -200'ish. if you are set on betting obama, hang on to your money for 1.5 years til right after the gop convention when they get their bounce then unload.

BstHcpr
    BstHcpr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Inflationary effects caused by the Obama economic policies will make your bet worthless, but thanks to those same policies it is likely that you will win your bet.

Bittersweet.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

Their quality of care is nowhere near the US. We still have the highest cancer survival rates by far. We develop almost all of the newest technologies and medicines, all of which we give away for next to nothing. If other countries had to do all of this research, their systems would be in even worse shape than they already are.

Also, insurance companies supported this bill... it guarantees them customers with no way to control what they charge. Why wouldn't they want that?

Wrong on a lot of counts ...

The quality of care far exceeds that in the US for many, many branches of medicine. Unless you have experienced other countries healthcare, you have no way of comparing the two apart from heresay.

Also wrong on the "we develop almost all the newest technologies" quote .. its a blanket statement and cannot be proven. I would argue that .. countries with national health services make much more progress in research on existing and high profile illnesses as it is in their best interest to do so .. they find a cure, they get to use it for free ... What the US pharmaceutical companies are very good at - it creating illnesses and then providing a cure ...

"Restless Leg Syndrome" .. really ?

The drugs that we pay hundreds of dollars per months supply for are given to countries with National Heathcare for fractions of pennies on the dollar ... why do they charge so much over here - because they can .. simple as that.

Of course insurance companies supported the bill .. but they ensured it was watered down enough to benefit them enough to make their millions of dollars of investment in buying Republican support worthwhile.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    It's probably going to be Romney v. Obama - I like Mitt +EV all day long

First 1234 Last