pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why is the sick person entitled to an autograph more than the healthy person?

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12587

Everybody else except the Steelers and Packers are already home, this will be a non-issue by next week. It won't matter where any of the players are.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

I've been seeing this talk that Nick Barnett is gone after the season. I don't get it. He's been nothing but a quality starter and a team leader since day 1. Sure he's had a couple injuries in the past few years, but that's beyond the guy's control, even guys like Ray Lewis and Brian Uhrlacher have missed time with injuries over the years. This is the NFL, players deal with injuries. As far as the locker room drama, this is a non-issue, a mountain out of a molehill. The guys in the locker room know that Nick Barnett is a team leader and a positive influence. As for his play on the field, Barnett is second-to-none and Bishop has played well but he's still no Nick Barnett.

Now if you want to start throwing guys under the bus, Jermichael Finley might be a better lightning rod. He hasn't even finished his second season in the NFL and he's already talking about a new contract. He's a premium talent, but guys that talk contract in spots like this are nothing but trouble.
    1. Barnett is not second to none, he's second to Bishop, Matthews and even Hawk.
    2. Guy is not a positive influence, he's cocky and stupid, and cares a lot more about partying and acting like an ass out at the bars than he does about the Packers.

Kick the guy to the curb.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

so fans are only entitled to only certain number of autographs? if a fan keeps spending money on your gear isnt that a good thing for you?

plus didnt rodgers claim he didnt see her? so your argument is invalid. if he didnt see her as he claims how would he know he signed for too many for her already?

rodgers is a dick and success has gone to his head.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    so fans are only entitled to only certain number of autographs? if a fan keeps spending money on your gear isnt that a good thing for you?

plus didnt rodgers claim he didnt see her? so your argument is invalid. if he didnt see her as he claims how would he know he signed for too many for her already?

Read the article.

So he has to sign something for her every single time he sees her? If she shows up at his house does he have to sign stuff for her there too? Who the hell needs a hundred autographs from the same guy, unless you're selling them?

I know for a fact that Rodgers took a group of underprivileged youth to a bowling party with soda, pizza, all that. The reason you didn't hear about it is that he wanted no mention of it in the media whatsoever.

Or the time he went above and a beyond for a 13 year old heart transplant patient for Make a Wish?

Yeah, this guy is a real jackass.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 03:47 PM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

First off, celebrity actors as well as athletes and other notables are not required to sign anything for anybody.
    Rodgers just kept walking, big deal, it's not like what I saw what Buehner did to that kid.

Did you see Rodgers at media day an hour ago, came across with a nice sense of humor and very humble.

If Steve Nash blew me off the way Jeter did at Joe's, I'd be a tad disappointed, yes, but hardly crushed.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

If that asshole did not want to sign thats ok, just tell the poor lady "Sorry, not today"
    But Aaron is an asshole, he just ignored the poor woman

Go **** yourself Aaron(ASSHOLE)

Rodgers is an asshole for throwing his teammates under the bus

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

he didnt close it because he doesnt want contact with rodgers; he closed it because his team is in the f*ckin superbowl and he doesnt want to add more things about which they should worry.

but barnett is pretty much right with everything he said- initially havent a complaing about not being in the team picture and then later about rodgers being a d*ckhole

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    would you rather have the guy (rodgers) whose biggest crime is not signing an autograph?
    or the guy (favre) taking vicodin illegally, cheating on his wife 100 times, and sending naked pictures of himself to people that hated his guts?

Amen to that. I never questioned Favre on the field, but the off the field stuff makes me so glad that he's retired.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

first of all, rodgers was in a public area. if some nutjob showed up at his door and he slammed the door in his face and called the cops, no one would blame him.

secondly, it doesnt have to be a cancer patient. lets say your son who is 100% healthy worked.his butt off during summer to buy a rodgers game jersey and when he goes up to him to sign it he blows him off. you wouldnt have a problem with that? i guarantee youd be on here and packers forums bashing him. any parent would.

third, image is everything which is why every celebrity has a publicist and image consultant. i mean what player has not visited sick children in hospitals or said no to make a wish? i mean its in their contracts to do these shit.

the only way to truly know a persons character is when they dont habe an espn camera following them around.

and rodgers is showing his true colors.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    1. Barnett is not second to none, he's second to Bishop, Matthews and even Hawk.
    2. Guy is not a positive influence, he's cocky and stupid, and cares a lot more about partying and acting like an ass out at the bars than he does about the Packers.

Kick the guy to the curb.
    1. Before Barnett was on IR, who was starting from day 1? Who was calling the plays on defense? Not Bishop and not Hawk. Nevermind, I guess you know better than Dom Capers, Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson who put their faith in Barnett as a team leader and quarterback of the defense with Bishop and Hawk only emerging into these roles after Barnett was on IR.

2. Nick Barnett has never had a single disciplinary problem in the NFL. Where are you getting this?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    If that asshole did not want to sign thats ok, just tell the poor lady "Sorry, not today"
    But Aaron is an asshole, he just ignored the poor woman

Go **** yourself Aaron(ASSHOLE)

The poor lady was in the airport for one reason, and one reason only, to get a free autograph.

Rodger's was just trying to get from point 'a' to point 'b'.

I wonder how much merchandise that 'poor' woman got from exploiting her son's condition.
    Ever think of that?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Yeah, I gotta agree there. Maybe he made a mistake by airing his dirty laundry in public, maybe he's just an ass.

stevenash

maybe he's just an ass.
    maybe he's just outspoken.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    maybe he's just outspoken.
    He gets paid to play between the lines, not between the headlines. There's no place for this primadona crap in team.

DrStale

1. Before Barnett was on IR, who was starting from day 1? Who was calling the plays on defense? Not Bishop and not Hawk. Nevermind, I guess you know better than Dom Capers, Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson who put their faith in Barnett as a team leader and quarterback of the defense with Bishop and Hawk only emerging into these roles after Barnett was on IR.

2. Nick Barnett has never had a single disciplinary problem in the NFL. Where are you getting this?
    Yeah cuz those coaches you listed have never been wrong about anything before. This season has proven how little Barnett matters, when they dont bring him back next year it'll cement this.

Oh and you dont call being arrested for battery during a bar fight a disciplinary problem? Well it certainly doesnt make him a role model. I have seen this guy out acting like the prick that he is, telling people how much better he is than them. Pushing people out of his way and grinding on girls who have no interest but he can't take no for an answer. So I'm getting it from personal experience and his arrest record.

first of all, rodgers was in a public area. if some nutjob showed up at his door and he slammed the door in his face and called the cops, no one would blame him.

secondly, it doesnt have to be a cancer patient. lets say your son who is 100% healthy worked.his butt off during summer to buy a rodgers game jersey and when he goes up to him to sign it he blows him off. you wouldnt have a problem with that? i guarantee youd be on here and packers forums bashing him. any parent would.

third, image is everything which is why every celebrity has a publicist and image consultant. i mean what player has not visited sick children in hospitals or said no to make a wish? i mean its in their contracts to do these shit.

the only way to truly know a persons character is when they dont habe an espn camera following them around.

and rodgers is showing his true colors.
    Christ, he took a group of underprivileged kids on a bowling party, no media was involved, nobody knew about this. How the hell is that publicity or making him look good? And your post doesnt even make sense because if he was concerned about his public image I doubt he would turn down a cancer patient in front of a camera crew. Man you put a lot of thought into that post.

Oh and your example is just blatantly stupid. If my son worked his butt off all Summer and then went and gotten something signed by Rodgers, then went back every single week to get more shit signed I certainly wouldnt give a shit if eventually he didnt sign something one day. That's an example that is actually equivalent to what happened.

slacker00

Yeah cuz those coaches you listed have never been wrong about anything before. This season has proven how little Barnett matters, when they dont bring him back next year it'll cement this.

Oh and you dont call being arrested for battery during a bar fight a disciplinary problem? Well it certainly doesnt make him a role model. I have seen this guy out acting like the prick that he is, telling people how much better he is than them. Pushing people out of his way and grinding on girls who have no interest but he can't take no for an answer. So I'm getting it from personal experience and his arrest record.
    Alright, so now you are throwing the Packers coaches and management under the bus as well. I see how it is.

Nothing came from the arrest, he was held and released. There are two sides to that story. Apparently Nick didn't give you an autograph and now you're pouting about it. Like I said, there has never been disciplinary actions taken against Nick Barnett during his entire NFL career. By NFL standards, his record is spotless.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

First off, celebrity actors as well as athletes and other notables are not required to sign anything for anybody. Rodgers just kept walking, big deal, it's not like what I saw what Buehner did to that kid. Did you see Rodgers at media day an hour ago, came across with a nice sense of humor and very humble. If Steve Nash blew me off the way Jeter did at Joe's, I'd be a tad disappointed, yes, but hardly crushed.
    Jeter is a piece of shit, don't bother.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

so if that was your son on the footage being side stepped and rudely snubbed you wouldnt even be slightly upset? what a great parent you must be. lol

no one knows about the make a wish piece rodgers did? um it was splattered all over espn!!!!!

pretty funny how these guys supposedly do all these great things that nobody knows about...... except we always know about them eventually. all the stuff they do is calculated and coordinated. if you believe millionaire athletes have nothing better to do than visit sick children in hospitals and take them to pizza joints and bowling you are a naive moron. like i said all these guys have publicists and image consultants for a reason.

you can see their true character when their guards are down, just like when he side stepped the fan. had she been part of an espn piece, no way in hell rodgers side steps her. 100% guaranteed.

its no different than clay mathews stopping and signing for the snubbed cancer patient. he earned some major brownie points for what he did as im sure he knew it would be.

image is everything.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

pretty funny how the packers are all about family and all for one, one for all yet always quick to throw one of their own under the bus. lol

they used to treat favre like a god defending everything he did and now its rodgers turn. anyone that says anything negative about him is criticised and shunned. i bet if oj simpson was a packer theyd be defending his double homicide as self defense.

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

#1 : crusty me , please stop with the "if's".
    #2 : why hasn't anyone brought up the fact big ben is a 2 time convicted rapist?

being a rapist seems worse than a guy who just didn't sign an autograph.
    plus rogers was wearing an iPod I noticed when he walked past the cancer patient, likely couldn't hear her if she said something.
    also find it neat that he saw her as equal to all the other fans waiting for an autograph, in his mind she clearly didn't stand out as different than any other fan waiting.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

i would stop with the ifs when you guys stop giving excuses for rodgers stiffing a cancer patient. considering how rodgers is painted as the saint of nfl that was a very rude thing to do. it would be kinda like tom hanks snubbing a fan. it would be big news also.

i saw the footage and there was nothing visible in his left ear. and if he really didnt see her they would have collided. instead he sidestepped her like a pass rusher.

as for roethlisberger... i call him big rapist and so do others. maybe rodgers nickname should be big rude. i mean doesnt he have anything better to do than determining who should be in a team photo? leave that shit to the coaches and team officials.

rodgers is building up a ton of bad karma.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by pinchylarue View Post
    #2 : why hasn't anyone brought up the fact big ben is a 2 time convicted rapist?
    1. Read the title of this thread. Why should we bring up Rapist Roethlisberger in this thread?
    2. The Roethlisberger rape, etc has been covered to death here on SBR. Are you new here?
    3. Actually I am surprised that nobody hijacked this thread yet with Roethlisberger... Oh wait. Nevermind.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Jeter is a piece of shit, don't bother.
    I hear you, he can play SS for my team anytime, but he's cold as ice in social events.
    Don't bother, he will not respond to you.
    Doesn't make him a criminal though.

Crustyme is just a Rodgers hater, come back to this thread when he gets a DUI, or sends pictures of his johnson to the public, or goes to rehab for pain killers, or rapes somebody in the bathroom of a pub, or gets busted for carrying a firearm in a crowded dance club.............

Snubbing a serial autograph seeking mom who uses her son's misery to her advantage to get autographs, because Rodgers could not hear her is nothing, less then nothing, farting in a crowded subway car is a bigger issue than what Rodgers did (what did he really do anyway?)

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

pretty funny that you think jeter is cold because he snubbed you and your gf but dont think the same with rodgers. lol

im not a rodgers hater. he won me a ton against the falcons.
    and stop excusing poor social etiquette by trying to compare it to criminal activity. i guarantee if people treated you as badly as rodgers treated that poor lady, you would not want to be friends with them or do business with them.

stevenash

He walked past the serial autograph seeking hound, Rodgers didn't curse her, didn't flip her the bird, didn't assault her.
    Many probables here, he was preoccupied with other thoughts, he didn't hear her with IPOD in ears, he was in a hurry, give it up dude, he just walked past her.

Yeesh

p.s. Rodgers doesn't profit from the licenced Rodgers merchandise, the NFL does, not the player.

DrStale

so if that was your son on the footage being side stepped and rudely snubbed you wouldnt even be slightly upset? what a great parent you must be. lol

no one knows about the make a wish piece rodgers did? um it was splattered all over espn!!!!!

pretty funny how these guys supposedly do all these great things that nobody knows about...... except we always know about them eventually. all the stuff they do is calculated and coordinated. if you believe millionaire athletes have nothing better to do than visit sick children in hospitals and take them to pizza joints and bowling you are a naive moron. like i said all these guys have publicists and image consultants for a reason.

you can see their true character when their guards are down, just like when he side stepped the fan. had she been part of an espn piece, no way in hell rodgers side steps her. 100% guaranteed.

its no different than clay mathews stopping and signing for the snubbed cancer patient. he earned some major brownie points for what he did as im sure he knew it would be.

image is everything.
    k, Im done after this because you are clearly brain damaged or something.

If my son went EVERY SINGLE WEEK and eventually got turned down, no I wouldnt give a shit, and I would ask him why he needs a hundred autographs in the first place. If you got pissed over this as a parent you would be an idiot. If he went once and got turned down then yes, I would be annoyed, but again, that is NOT what happened here.

And I never said no one knew about the Make a Wish thing you dolt, obviously it was known as I got the link from Packers.com, not exactly an obscure website. What I said was nobody knows about the bowling party, which they don't. Good luck finding an article about that one, the only reason I know about it is that I happen to work with some of the kids that he took, and really I shouldnt have said anything about it.

DrStale

Alright, so now you are throwing the Packers coaches and management under the bus as well. I see how it is.

Nothing came from the arrest, he was held and released. There are two sides to that story. Apparently Nick didn't give you an autograph and now you're pouting about it. Like I said, there has never been disciplinary actions taken against Nick Barnett during his entire NFL career. By NFL standards, his record is spotless.
    Ok, so then you're either ignoring all the other stuff I said or you think im lying. What I could possibly have to gain by making stuff up about a player on my favorite team I can't imagine but you believe what you want.

And Christ, I'm not throwing anyone under the bus, just stating facts. Tell you what, if they bring back Barnett ill gladly admit to you I was wrong about how the coaches feel about him, but when they don't bring him back you should be willing to say the same thing. Though if for some reason they do bring him back he'll still be ineffective and/or a distraction. And no matter what happens he'll still be a douche.

Oh and the autographs line is a good one. I haven't sought out an autograph from a player since I was about 7, I guess I just dont see the appeal of getting someone to write their name on something.

stevenash

By Gregg Doyel
    CBSSports.com National Columnist

I just saw the story about Aaron Rodgers and the cancer patient, and I'm crying. I'm guessing you've seen the story about Rodgers and the cancer patient, too -- but you're not crying. I'm guessing you're disgusted. With Rodgers. For dissing the cancer patient.

Incredibly, this has become one of the enduring plotlines of these playoffs: Green Bay's quarterback disses the cancer patient. The story is out there and it won't go away, not with the Packers playing Chicago on Sunday for a spot in the Super Bowl.

Aaron Rodgers is a great guy off the field, despite what you think you saw in a two-minute YouTube clip. (AP) If you don't know, it happened at an airport Saturday where the Packers were flying to Atlanta. As Rodgers walks through the terminal, he approaches a woman holding out her hat -- revealing her partially bald head -- and walks past. We wrote about it Sunday at CBSSports.com. I tweeted that link myself, posing the question, "Cancer patient snub?"
    On the blog Deadspin.com, a post headlined, "So, did Aaron Rodgers really snub a cancer patient" generated 21,000 views in hours. The video is everywhere. See it for yourself, then run to the nearest message board to call Rodgers every bad word you can think of.

Or if you have a blog yourself, write a post called, "Aaron Rodgers disses cancer patient." It's OK, you won't be alone. A prominent NFL blogger used his pulpit to tear Rodgers to pieces after he saw the video.
    Me, I'm in pieces here. Literally, I'm writing this with tears running down my face. Because I just saw the story about Aaron Rodgers and the cancer patient.

No, not the one about the autograph at the airport. Not that one.
    This one. About a charity function for Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer (MACC), where Rodgers is on the board of directors. This is the story of Aaron Rodgers and another cancer patient, a little girl named Cheri. She's dead. Rodgers was at the MACC event, trying to raise money to save someone else's daughter, when Cheri's father asked him to autograph a football.

The father asked him to make it out to Cheri.

Rodgers thought about it, then wrote a sentence that left people there in tears:

To Cheri the angel. Save me a spot -- Aaron Rodgers

Understand something: That's Aaron Rodgers. The guy in the airport, dissing the cancer patient? That's not Aaron Rodgers -- and I'm not convinced he was dissing that cancer patient in the first place.

One danger of journalism, even a seemingly black-and-white video, is the occasional lack of context. You and I watched the video of Rodgers walking past a woman dressed in cancer-fighting pink, her head mostly bald, as she held a hat for him to sign. That portion of the video lasts two seconds. One, two, it's over. Boom.

Maybe you're smart enough to see those two seconds, and none of the minutes or even days that came before or after, and judge Aaron Rodgers. Me, I'm not that smart. For example, it took me four viewings before I noticed the tiny white cords coming out of Rodgers' ears. He was most likely listening to something, which means he couldn't hear the woman in pink as he hurried through the airport, just finished with security, his shoes back on and his phone again in his pocket. He had a team official at his side, and an NFC playoff game in 24 hours.

The man was preoccupied.

Two seconds. That's what you saw. You're going to judge Aaron Rodgers based on those two seconds? Not me, and I'm not crying anymore. Now I'm angry, because what happened to Aaron Rodgers -- yes, to him, because he's a victim here -- was wrong. I'm as guilty as anyone, now that I think of it, because my tweet wasn't innocent. I wasn't merely posing a question, as I self-servingly wrote a few paragraphs ago. I was spreading the story as far as my Twitter feed could spread it:

Look at Aaron Rodgers, everyone! Look!

Shame on me. I feel especially small after doing some research into Rodgers, trying to find out who this guy is. I mean, I know who he was on Sunday. He was Joe Montana, if not better, going 31 for 36 for 366 yards and three touchdowns. His 86.1-percent completion rate was second-best in NFL playoff history for a 300-yard game.

But who is Aaron Rodgers, really? That's what I researched after seeing that video from the airport, and I even stacked the deck against him. I Googled the phrases "Aaron Rodgers" and "cancer" and came up with more stories -- but not stories like the two-second clip from the airport. These were stories with context, like the one from the MACC event with the signed football, or the one from two Christmases ago when the Packers invited 75 kids from the Boys & Girls Club to a local bowling alley for soda, pizza and bowling with players. All of it free, of course. Before the event, the Packers called back and said they could accommodate more kids, so make it 100. At the event the kids were surprised with $100 each to shop for presents, accompanied by various Packers.

One was Aaron Rodgers.

He funded the whole thing himself.

And never told anyone.

That story is from 2009, but it didn't start to circulate for 12 months. Why? Because Rodgers never told the media. He was trying to help some kids, not himself.

Oh, and one more thing I found in my Aaron Rodgers research. You know that woman from the airport, the cancer patient he blew off? Turns out, she was at the airport a week earlier, too. She was there when the Packers flew to Philadelphia for their first playoff game.

There were no cameras, so nobody saw the real story of Aaron Rodgers and the cancer patient. The one where he stops and signs her autograph.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-27-15 at 11:17 AM.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

you mean this?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...apture-rodgers

funny how these secret good deeds always get leaked one way or the other.

were you raised by wolves? so since he signed for her before he has the right to treat her so rudely???? and why shouldnt she be able to ask him to sign every rodgers gear she buys? HE EARNS $$$$$$$$$$ FROM ALL THE SALES!!!!!!!

So if you are an author and a fan shows up to a book signing each week, you will snub her cause you've reached the etiquette limit?

the fact is he snubbed a big fan and used some lame excuse when it went viral. he could have told her he was in a hurry but he didnt even acknowledge her. rodgers will need to do more secret bowling parties to repair his image.

stevenash

HE DOESN'T GET THE MONEY FROM MERCHANDISE THE LEAGUE DOES.
    HE WASN'T RUDE TO HER, HE DIDN'T HEAR HER.

YOU CAN'T BE THIS THICK DUDE.

The father asked him to make it out to Cheri.

Rodgers thought about it, then wrote a sentence that left people there in tears:

To Cheri the angel. Save me a spot -- Aaron Rodgers

Understand something: That's Aaron Rodgers. The guy in the airport, dissing the cancer patient? That's not Aaron Rodgers -- and I'm not convinced he was dissing that cancer patient in the first place.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Aaron Rodgers is a good guy. I remember seeing him sweating during draft day, sitting there with the camera on him as he sank further down the draft. He was talked about as a possible #1.

Never complained publicly when he was drafted by GB, knowing he was going to sit the bench for years with Favre there.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

bu
    HE DOESN'T GET THE MONEY FROM MERCHANDISE THE LEAGUE DOES.
    HE WASN'T RUDE TO HER, HE DIDN'T HEAR HER.

YOU CAN'T BE THIS THICK DUDE.
    are you sure about that as you are about every "fact" youve spewed so far?

"NFL PLAYERS DO GET CUT A CHECK BASED ON HOW WELL THEIR JERSEY SELLS"

who is the dense one? certainly not the one with the facts behind him.

excuses, excuses. pretty funny that rodgers has the uncanny ability to escape pass rushers coming from his blind side yet cant see a slow moving woman dressed in BRIGHT PINK directly in his line of sight. LOL
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 03:48 PM.

slacker00

Ok, so then you're either ignoring all the other stuff I said or you think im lying. What I could possibly have to gain by making stuff up about a player on my favorite team I can't imagine but you believe what you want.

And Christ, I'm not throwing anyone under the bus, just stating facts. Tell you what, if they bring back Barnett ill gladly admit to you I was wrong about how the coaches feel about him, but when they don't bring him back you should be willing to say the same thing. Though if for some reason they do bring him back he'll still be ineffective and/or a distraction. And no matter what happens he'll still be a douche.

Oh and the autographs line is a good one. I haven't sought out an autograph from a player since I was about 7, I guess I just dont see the appeal of getting someone to write their name on something.
    Alright then. I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong, but I just don't see it the way you do.

I just don't see the Packers organization kicking him to the curb THIS year. He's still got some tread on the tires and $6 million is a fair price for a guy of his calibre. But Ted Thompson might see it differently. Like I said, a lot depends on what AJ Hawk does with his $10 million due to him next year. If Hawk wants to play hardball, Barnett is at the very least an insurance policy or leverage for the Packers organization. Depending on what kind of deal gets worked out with Hawk will go a long way in determining Barnett's future. Thing is, before this year, Hawk was borderline solid but not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not convinced that Hawk will get or deserves a blockbuster deal.

Even if somehow Barnett is released THIS year, (ie Hawk inks a fairly modest contract quickly), Barnett will still be in the league for roughly another 3 years, IMHO. There are plenty of teams who need a defensive playcaller and leader. I'm not overly concerned about his injury history at this point because he's already shown once that he can rehab and come back to full strength.

stevenash

Who saw Rodgers interviews after he won MVP?
    He was great, so humble.

Rodgers in one of the top ten classiest players in the game.

Oh, the players that dissed him over the rehab thing, I bet they aren't dissing now, right now they think Rodgers is the greatest thing since sliced bread because Rodgers just got them a big fat Super Bowl bonus.

First 123 Last