VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It's Tax Time!

Finally got the final piece of paperwork in the mail on Saturday and I'm doing my taxes today! The last two years, I've used Turbo Tax and I'm very happy with the ease of the process. I have a lot of deductions and tax-break stuff but Turbo Tax makes it very easy. Will probably have it done in 2 hours and I'll have my refund on a pre-paid debit card in 7-10 days.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's the time of the year all the low income welfare rats with 12 kids are popping champagne bottles. Makes me sick. Sorry to hijack your thread, Vegas. Hope you get a nice refund

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i wonder if i need to claim the purchase of jj gold goggles

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    it's the time of the year all the low income welfare rats with 12 kids are popping champagne bottles. Makes me sick. Sorry to hijack your thread, Vegas. Hope you get a nice refund
    We're in the same boat, brother. Makes me sick...get free money and stuff...nowww get a refund.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know a guy who made 8k(no joke) last year who is getting $4,500 back cause him and the baby's momma are separated and she hasn't worked in 4 years so she cannot claim the kid herself, there in it-self is the problem with this country. Rewarding failure.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Honestly, what's the incentive besides knowing you're doing the right thing? Some people make more on unemployment than they could working 40 hours as a janitor or whatever. It's unfortunate that people need incentive to go to work and to be a valuable asset to the country.

ElCapitan
    ElCapitan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

I've used TurboTax since you had to buy it on CD and I agree. It does make it very easy. Now that it's all web based it's even better.

I will say though that they do run a huge scam with the state filing cost. It's like $20 to e-file your federal return and then they want like $40 to do your state return. I guess most people don't realize that many states let you e-file your state return on their website for free.

Here's to large refunds!

fsugolf
    fsugolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

large refunds are not a good thing, you basically gave the gov't an interest free loan for the year.....

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Quote Originally Posted by fsugolf View Post
    large refunds are not a good thing, you basically gave the gov't an interest free loan for the year.....
    true
    I hate this time of yr as a business owner.
    the taxman sticks it to me every yr, gotta start finding some more write offs somewhere

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by fsugolf View Post
    I don't mind large refunds for two reasons:

1) Considering it my good deed for the year - no interest loan to the country I love.

2) It's a saving tool. When I get a lump sum after I paid bills/lived/saved for a year on a net paycheck...it allows me to not burn a hole in my pocket. I'm not the most frugal person.

tdog152
    tdog152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

i love getting a refund

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know a guy who made 8k(no joke) last year who is getting $4,500 back cause him and the baby's momma are separated and she hasn't worked in 4 years so she cannot claim the kid herself, there in it-self is the problem with this country. Rewarding failure.

Your friend who got back money because he has custody of the kid, he should get some extra money back. Kids are expensive, and the parent/s should get a little kick back come this time of year.