Grux
    Grux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago Area Car Salesman Fired For Wearing Packers Tie

What would have happened if he wore a Jay Cutler mask?

OAK LAWN, Ill. -- A car salesman in suburban Chicago has been fired for refusing to remove a Green Bay Packers tie that he wore to work the day after the Packers beat the Chicago Bears to advance to the Super Bowl.

John Stone says he wore the Packers tie to work Monday at Webb Chevrolet in Oak Lawn to honor his late grandmother, who was a big Green Bay fan.
    The sentimental gesture did not impress his boss, Jerry Roberts.
    Roberts says the dealership has done promotions involving the Bears and he was afraid the tie could alienate the team's fans and make it harder to sell cars.
    Roberts adds that Stone was offered five chances to take off the tie but he refused.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Already offered another job by a local dealership he will be fine...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

all these guys just do it for the self promotion.

now watch job offers flood in from gb.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

time to lawyer up

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    time to lawyer up
    That was my first thought, but after looking into the situation I dont think so. The guy worked for Webb Chevrolet. Webb spends $20000 a month advertising with the bears an they sponsor the Most Valuable Bear award given out by WBBM radio hosts. Fuk this guy for refusing to remove his tie and put on a less flashy, "dress" tie. Seems he was trying to piss his boss, company, co-workers, and customers off.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

good job by the dealer. the guy should be greatful they didn't beat him up before they send him packing.

koby25
    koby25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

I hope he has a lawyer

PDW
    PDW's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's lucky all he got was fired.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Any employer has a right to enforce a dress code....lawyer up...lol...wtf is wrong with this country ???

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5032

Having no class/respect has nothing to do with an employee's rights. Dealerships are not known for having HR departments to keep themselves out of trouble.

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5032

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    Any employer has a right to enforce a dress code....lawyer up...lol...wtf is wrong with this country ???
    You honestly think "no GB ties" is in the handbook. Odds are the employee was up to code in a shirt and tie.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmikesm View Post
    That was my first thought, but after looking into the situation I dont think so. The guy worked for Webb Chevrolet. Webb spends $20000 a month advertising with the bears an they sponsor the Most Valuable Bear award given out by WBBM radio hosts. Fuk this guy for refusing to remove his tie and put on a less flashy, "dress" tie. Seems he was trying to piss his boss, company, co-workers, and customers off.

ya that would definitely change things

gcarp707
    gcarp707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya i think it is rediculous that he took it to this point. The guy told him to take it off and he refused to do so. With any sales job you have to think about how your customers will perceive you too.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Quote Originally Posted by Housemoney View Post
    You honestly think "no GB ties" is in the handbook. Odds are the employee was up to code in a shirt and tie.
    No, but I'm sure there's no clause stating ..dont wear "your mama suks dik" T-shirts in the the handbook either, but we all know better then to wear one to work.

ANY employer can enforce a proper dress code, people seem to forget this country is built on freedom...especially an employers "freedom" to fire your stupid ass for wearing stupid shit to your job

pm4e
    pm4e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3621

People are idiots.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

The guy is an ass. I dont care what kind of fukin excuse, you dont do that! The boss asked him to take it off & he refused. I've had jobs before where my boss asked me to do something, and guess what happened if I didnt???

I used to sell cars for years, I could see an employee coming into the dealership one morning with a fukin Alabama or Florida tie on!!! He probably wouldnt have been fired but who wants to work with 7 guys who just beat you up, wiped their asses with your tie, and stuffed it in your mouth???

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, but I'm sure there's no clause stating ..dont wear "your mama suks dik" T-shirts in the the handbook either, but we all know better then to wear one to work.

ANY employer can enforce a proper dress code, people seem to forget this country is built on freedom...especially an employers "freedom" to fire your stupid ass for wearing stupid shit to your job

its exactlt the same as not wearing a tie at all if your dress code is a tie, an employer can fire you for not obeying a dress code or wearing offensive clothing. That GB tie is more offensive to his customer base than probably anything he could wear so goddamn right i would have fired his ass.

Even if he had taken the tie off I still would have sent him home for the day just for doing something so fukin stupid

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I wonder what would happen if a civilian employee goes to a military base wearing an Osama Bin Laden t-shirt and the General in charge sees him and tells him to take it off?