Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Anyone fall into the WEEKEND betting trap?

Genereally my numbers are good Monday-Friday, as I spend some time researching over my lunch break, and selecting usually 1-3 games per day.

Then Saturday comes, and it gets ridiculous. With games starting so early, I don't research and just start picking games. In many cases, I'm not at home, so I'm following games on my phone and ALMOST randomly picking games over my phone throughout the day.

For example, I went 6-3 on straight plays Mon-Fri this past week, making a decent amount. Then I proceed to go 4-11 on Saturday (yes...15 games). I lost a few tough ones, then decided to bet mass games, trying to make up a few losses. Now I feel like crap, as I grinded out a nice week, and then sh!t it all away plus more in the matter of about 8 hours.

There is no excuse for this as I've been doing this for a while now. Everytime I think I have learned to avoid past mistakes, I continually make them. I didn't lose that much money, but that's not the point.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm just the opposite...

I have more free time on the weekends. So, generally, I do better then...

Doc

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I do the same thing. I make almost all my money on Thursdays and Sundays in hoops, when cards are relatively light. I get all jacked up for big cards, but they almost always disappoint because there are so many goddam games and the more you play, the closer to .500 (or worse) you get.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Don't bet college on saturdays
    to many games, not worth the headache

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Looking at my totals the last month......my worst 4 days have ALL been Saturday!

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Too many games

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Use your weekend for your time off, if you have no time to look games over. No need to rush through and lose your ass.