Sg
    Sg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Keelo View Post
    Packers on turf in a dome -2.5 all day long.
    Kinda like the regular season losses at Atl and Detroit?

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Packerspackerspackerspackerspackerspacke rs *takes a deep breath* packerspackers...

Keelo
    Keelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Quote Originally Posted by Sg View Post
    Kinda like the regular season losses at Atl and Detroit?
    Losing in Detroit was the best thing that probably could have happened this season to the Packers. Gave them motivation like no other. Lost to Atl in the regular season in a close game we all know how the 2nd affair went in ATL. The entire Packer team has said how they love to play on turf inside much better. There a fast team that can't run that well.

Sg

Quote Originally Posted by Keelo View Post
    Losing in Detroit was the best thing that probably could have happened this season to the Packers. Gave them motivation like no other. Lost to Atl in the regular season in a close game we all know how the 2nd affair went in ATL. The entire Packer team has said how they love to play on turf inside much better. There a fast team that can't run that well.
    Don't tell me about the labor, tell me about the baby. I'm all about results.

C-Low420
    C-Low420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers are the SB winners this year

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

fuk green bay, the packers and wisconsin...these people live in a bubble. i've lived there and got as far away as possible...favre got them a superbowl ions ago and ever since they actually think it can happen again...go steelers.

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

winning 3 road games and now favored in the Bowl...going to be tough going for Pack.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by Sg View Post
    Don't tell me about the labor, tell me about the baby. I'm all about results.
    You want results, 5 straight wins and 6 straight covers. They're hot as hell and rolling, that's all you need to know.

tickingclock1
    tickingclock1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers ML here

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

It's a though call, my $$ will probably be on the packs. I hate pittsburg and their rapist QB

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

If you want to become rich, sell your car,home, wife & kids, take that money and slam it on GB - the points. No need to thank me after the game but in case you do: you're welcome in advance.
    Last edited by Shafted69; 01-24-11 at 11:34 PM.

Jeffito11
    Jeffito11's Avatar Become A Pro!

go pack go

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

thats a bold statement. They don't have a shot?

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

im going gb in the sb

Wade Dwayne
    Wade Dwayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers deserved favs here. Packers by more than 3

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

To me, a key game to note the Steelers-Saints game from Week 8, which the Saints won 20-10. One reason for this is the Saints are a very similar team to the Packers. Pro-bowl QBs, great receiving core, weak running game, great pass D, good run D. In this game, the Saints rushed for a whooping 30 yards on 21 carries. However they did not need to establish any sort of running attack to shut down Pitt. Yes, no one can run on the Steelers, but the Saints proved here that you can pick apart the Steeler's pass D. The Packers will study this tape and have an excellent game plan to beat the Steelers.

And yes, it will be that much easier doing this in a dome. And finally having a decent amount of fans at the game rooting for you. They will outnumber Steelers fans by a good amount....

Green bay will also benefit greatly from the extra week's rest, having played through wildcard weekend.

Way too much action on Pittsburgh ML, not that much movement so far.

GB -2.5 and ML here.

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

gb is down to -1.5
    pounding it all day and night

rick50time
    cubs
    rick50time's Avatar Become A Pro!

psychic is trying to say steelers will win..we'll c

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Ok, but they played Oakland, Buffalo, Cincy, Carolina, Clev, Jetsx2, and Baltx2 after the NE game. These are all 20 or worse ranked passing teams, except for Cincy @ 13th.

And GB has a substantially better pass game, statistically and otherwise, than NE.

Last night Sanchez just threw up 233, 20-33 (60%) in 10 degree weather IN Pitt for the AFC Champ. Rodgers will do what in a dome?

And Green Bay lost to three terrible teams: Washington, DETROIT and Miami.

Green Bay averaged 17 more yards per game than New England; please tell me how that is relevant. (Trick question: It's not.)

ejfel01
    ejfel01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

All this mouthing about Packs being bad...
    Just watch the game on feb 6th.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

Good teams make adjustments pal
    Those adjustments are still dependent on your personnel.

Pit is thin, ultra thin, at CB. Swagger is all they got, he shut down Holmes except for the part where he fell down.

Rodgers will throw the ball 40+ times in this game.

Sg

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    Those adjustments are still dependent on your personnel.

Pit is thin, ultra thin, at CB. Swagger is all they got, he shut down Holmes except for the part where he fell down.

Rodgers will throw the ball 40+ times in this game.

Argument has been very one sided for reasons why the packers cover. I'm not a fan of either team here. But experience, running game, defense, coaching all favor the steelers.

Don't look at saints and pats as blue prints on how to beat Pittsburgh since in both losses the opponent was coming off embarrassing beat downs from the browns. Every team spreads out the steelers defense, but not all have success doing it.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

But if any team were to beat the Steelers by spreading them out and picking them apart would it not be GB? How does the fact that the Saints and Patriots were coming off losses have anything to do with Pittsburgh's pass D?

Crazygamble
    Crazygamble's Avatar Become A Pro!

GB champion

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

gotta go with the pack here, but it will be a close game

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'm shocked the Steelers aren't favorites in this one. They have EVERYTHING going for them from ability to run, pass, stop the run, impact playmakers, coaching, special teams and Mr. Miracle Big Ben himself. They are superior to GB in almost every aspect of the game.
    Last year, Pitts beat GB on a last second miracle TD. I'm not sure GB can overcome more than a mistake or 2 in this ballgame.

Ramones951 had one of the best 'break downs' of how it's conceivable that the Packers could win the game. I'm pretty certain that the Pack will not be featuring their 'college' running play formations. They're quite likely go 3-5 wide the majority of the game. Rodgers is as good as any QB in the league right now of getting the ball out quickly. The big issue is if the Steelers LBs are quick enough to fall into their zones (2-3 seconds worth of time TOPS to get there). You know the Steelers are going to bring heat and lots of it. If you spread the Steelers out, their options and their blitzes become a LOT more predictable. They're going to get to Rodgers and get hits on him - but Rodgers will be able to get the ball out quickly, making the coverage zones in the middle of the field premium territory. Farrior and Timmons are excellent LBs, but are they fast enough? That's the big question.

I think GB's offense potentially matches up versus Pittsburgh very very well. That said, Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh. They have a winner QB that pulls games out of the fire almost weekly. They have defenders that make HUGE plays in critical situations. The top players on Pitts already know how to win a Superbowl. It's almost crazy to pick against them. I will not be jumping in on the action, yet. There's still injury related information that's important that won't develop for at least another week+. I still think, right now, you'd be crazy to bet against Pitts. All the factors to give GB hope are in play, it's just, they're playing against legit winners. That's hard to handicap.

gofer5
    gofer5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope the Packers win, but I'm afraid it will be the Steelers in the SB. Especially if they have an advantage in calls by the officials, like they did a few years back against Seattle. I still think the officials cost Seattle that game.

gobrowns
    gobrowns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Green Bay doesn't stand a chance

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

waiting for injury report..mostly on steelers center .steelers almost imploded when the starter was out

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I love hearing everyone say that Pitt will win. I think that Rodgers will perform very well in the 70 degree Cowboys Stadium. I only wish I could attend.

Tk Fo Sho
    Tk Fo Sho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers didn't play like Champions? The Steelers almost choked, just like GB. Defense won the game for both teams. Rodgers can't be stopped in a dome.

31-27 GB. GO PACK GO

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pittsburgh will blowthem away

pittmatt80
    pittmatt80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I'm glad your not on Green Bay JJ and the public is going to drive the line down lower probably will be a pick em by game time. Rodgers in a dome will have a field day hopefully the defense can slow Steelers down enough to win. I'm all over Green Bay the way they have played the last 5 weeks has been impressive. GO GREEN BAY!

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

No team has ever had a losing record on the road and won the super bowl. Green Bay only has 2 covers on the road this year, both times as a dog.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Steelers are 6 out of 7 in Superbowls

make it 7 out of 8

7th Superbowl just like the 7 on Ben's jersey.

destiny

First 1234567 Last