obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where are people talking about when they say "across the street"

sorry I'm not a professional poster This is the only forum I have ever posted at, but I am constantly hearing "across the street"...which other forum are these people referring to? Be creative typing the name of a good chance SBR may give you an infraction..

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

well, if you google 'sports betting forum'...

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Game is something we Live for.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    The Game is something we Live for.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

possibly tranny forums.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's a dozen other gambling forums out there, some more active than others and none as active as Sbr.

Covers, Therx, and Eog are the three biggest. The more thriving forums there are the better, for all parties involved.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

This place is one giant man soap opera... There are so many subplots going on here that it's virtually impossible to keep up with them all.

mrmarket
    Update your status

Like Gaea JJ is the root of them all, may he continue to pinch and spindle,eternally. PRAISE BE TO THE EARTH MOTHER!

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are talking about the Feds...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If you go across the street twice you end up where you started.

obamaismyuncle

I find it laughable that people who post on SBR also post at various other gambling forums....

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    I find it laughable that people who post on SBR also post at various other gambling forums....
    Agreed. That other site is horrible. Its a generic forum website with nothing special. SBR has more going on and alot more info.

mrmarket
    Update your status

I agree. Everything you need to learn about gambling is contained in Fishhead/statnerds/darkhorse posts. Why would anyone choose to go anywhere else?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Obama, then why are you concerned with what those laughable people are talking about to the point of starting a thread? Surely your day will progress just the same way and you won't take a look at any of the forums mentioned in here now that you've been given a few answers?!

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Obama, then why are you concerned with what those laughable people are talking about to the point of starting a thread? Surely your day will progress just the same way and you won't take a look at any of the forums mentioned in here now that you've been given a few answers?!
    Shari, what is your 1st & 2nd favorite forum (for strictly handicapping info).

obamaismyuncle

I always wondered when I read "across the street" what are these people talking about. Didn't mean to offend anyone, and I didn't realize there were so many gambling forums. Posting at several forums is silly to me, may not be to others but to me it is..

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

i already consume enough time here, cant imagine wasting even more time elsewhere.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    I agree. Everything you need to learn about gambling is contained in Fishhead/statnerds/darkhorse posts. Why would anyone choose to go anywhere else?

shari91

I always wondered when I read "across the street" what are these people talking about. Didn't mean to offend anyone, and I didn't realize there were so many gambling forums. Posting at several forums is silly to me, may not be to others but to me it is..
    No you didn't offend me. . I post here and one other place but for different reasons. There the quality of gambler is much, much higher for the most part and the level of discussion about, well almost everything actually, is much higher for the most part as well. So when I want a serious question answered or have a conversation wihthout the usual nonsense here ie lock threads, Shari is a guy, so and so is a stiff or whatever, I post there.

That's not to say I can't find that here but sometimes I'm just too tired or impatient to sift through all of the other fluff. Other times though my brain needs a rest and I'm more than happy to come into PT and play. Plus I love the tennis forum and really enjoy quite a few of the posters outside of it that only post here for the most part.

Best of both worlds for me actually.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

obama, this is the only forum I actually post at & want to be part of the community. BUT, this place isn't exactly full of the sharpest fukin people. So, I go "across the street" sometimes to get some info

THE PROFIT

And I dont mean Rx. Its a lot worse than this place. Theres a forum that I frequent during hoops season that is all business. The guys are sharp & great cappers & give a lot of insight. But there's no BS! They dont really have a PT type forum & dont really care, I wouldnt post in it anyway. This is home.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    And I dont mean Rx. Its a lot worse than this place. Theres a forum that I frequent during hoops season that is all business. The guys are sharp & great cappers & give a lot of insight. But there's no BS! They dont really have a PT type forum & dont really care, I wouldnt post in it anyway. This is home.
    Which one?

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Which one?
    SBR has my PC bugged, Im not at liberty to say even in code

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I've never actually looked at a different gambling forum. Am I missing out?

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

When a poster says "across the street" it could mean one of dozens of forums. Usually it will mean one of the bigger forums...

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I used to post regularly at one of the best ones IMO. Very active...but this place blows everyone out of the water! I think I've visited the other site twice since I joined here. As you can see, over 600 posts in my first month.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Anyone think we will start seeing some mergers of all these gambling forums? I think SBR wisely grabbing the talent from this young startup competitor may be an early example...

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

90% of the time ACROSS THE STREET is referring to either EOG or TheRX...........even though there are numerous other forums out there for the astute gamer besides these two fine sites.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Anyone think we will start seeing some mergers of all these gambling forums? I think SBR wisely grabbing the talent from this young startup competitor may be an early example...

What in tarnations??

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

sorry but this shari chick has serious problems, pay attention to your baby and get off the internet, kids

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post

chief moderator in charge? what the fukkkkkkk

VicVega91
    VicVega91's Avatar Become A Pro!

sorry I'm not a professional poster This is the only forum I have ever posted at, but I am constantly hearing "across the street"...which other forum are these people referring to? Be creative typing the name of a good chance SBR may give you an infraction..
    With over 12,000 posts in barely over 2 years, you most definitely are a professional poster

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    sorry but this shari chick has serious problems, pay attention to your baby and get off the internet, kids
    If I paid any more attention to my son I'd probably be accused of smothering him. It's 4:30am Robinson - thank you for assuring me that your constant interest in my life continues. I'll be sure to have sweet dreams because of it.

obamaismyuncle

If I paid any more attention to my son I'd probably be accused of smothering him. It's 4:30am Robinson - thank you for assuring me that your constant interest in my life continues. I'll be sure to have sweet dreams because of it.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    chief moderator in charge? what the fukkkkkkk
    Bobby is an artist (kindof the Andy Warhol of the sportbetting forum world?) so definitely no shame in admitting that he is several levels in thinking above many posters here...

Last edited by LVHerbie; 01-13-11 at 12:49 PM.

12 Last