BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

TV ad H.S.hoops player in champ game tells ref he was last to touch ball going OOB.

Anyone see this tv ad put out by the Mormon Church?????where this black high school player in the championship game tells his coach that he's going to alert the ref to overturn the call that mistakenly went in in his teams favor because he was the last one to touch ball before it went out of bounds.Hell,the ref was pissed at the kid because it would have made him look bad.

In real life,the ref would have screwed up a call going in the other teams favor 3 minutes later.So the coaches should tell the moral high horse riding kids before the season starts that you better take a gift when you get it because you will be screwed plenty of times to more than make up for it.

So it's a dumb ass commercial.If it happened in real life,I would hope the kid would be benched and his teammates would beat the crap out of him after the game.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

you're the best at making strange threads out of nowhere.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Well, I haven't cheated at a sport or a game in my life, so that commercial wouldn't be strange to me.

You, on the other hand...

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want to punch that kid in the face everytime that commercial comes up, what a fkn joke. Kid would have no friends on his team if that actually happened.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

ya what a fukkin goof who does that shit

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    Well, I haven't cheated at a sport or a game in my life, so that commercial wouldn't be strange to me.

How exactly is accepting the official's call of the floor cheating?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

How would keeping your mouth shut be cheating?? You can clearly see on the commercial that it's a very close call as to who touches the ball last. Why does this drama-queen kid think he's more qualified to make this decision than a referee that's been professionally trained to make these type of calls? Why doesn't this know-it-all kid learn to keep his yap shut and let grown men do their job!

They should make a new commercial where....after this kid costs his team the championship and his school all the money and accolades that go with it.......the students riot from the stands, burn down the gym, and this smart-ass kid gets his ass beat for being so F***ING SELFISH!!!!

That's the real lesson of this story!!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    They should make a new commercial where....after this kid costs his team the championship and his school all the money and accolades that go with it.......the students riot from the stands, burn down the gym, and this smart-ass kid gets his ass beat for being so F***ING SELFISH!!!!

That's the real lesson of this story!!!
    First of all dipsh*t it's a f*ckin' commercial second of all it's a f*ckin' game and third of all people like you are what's wrong with society...

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

If that happened in the NBA...the refs wouldn't reverse the call. They saw what they saw and that's how it goes.

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very incredibly lame commercial.

Could you imagine a ballplayer getting an umpire to reverse a close call at the plate where he insists he was really out instead of safe because in his heart he knows he was out and the umpire's safe call was wrong?

Then he comes back to the dugout and his manager Earl Weaver says to him "Good call kid".

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    If that happened in the NBA...the refs wouldn't reverse the call. They saw what they saw and that's how it goes.
    Or they would go to instant replay and get the call right.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I haven't cheated at a sport or a game in my life, so that commercial wouldn't be strange to me. You, on the other hand...
    what an idiot

thadchr
    thadchr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3577

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    How exactly is accepting the official's call of the floor cheating?
    Was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    Very incredibly lame commercial.
    Well... yeah, you can guess what I was thinking. Commercial pisses me off every time too.