Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

I got it last month and its amazing I've watching prison break season for the past few days

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by DEP78 View Post
    Just it going on my tv (via wii), laptop and iPhone (free app) + 1 DVD out at a time for $9.99 a month after the 1 month free. Can have up to 6 devices on one sub. Thanks for turning me on to this. It looks like a good deal.
    its best for tv series that are tough to get too.....it changed how I watch tv

DEP78
    DEP78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

I appreciate everyone who provided info on this service. I tried to provide points to people who helped me out about the service. SBR-John, maybe not so much about the info provided, but if you didn't start this thread I wouldn't have known I could stream through the wii. The others who provided info about the service that I didn't acknowledge with points, please let me know and I'll send some points when I have them. The people who provided info about the stock , that's good and prob more valuable in the longterm , I thank you also, but Wisconsin ML killed my points.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    Yeah tell us more black
    well its been hackable via jailbreaking for some time now (from either a purchased usb dongle or iphone/ti 83 calc, etc.). but a week or so ago some hackers reverse engineered the security that "digitally signs" the games to let them play.

if you got hours to read and watch, here ya go

pretty much sony failed when their random number generator to sign the keys always came back as the number 4
    Last edited by blackbeSSt; 01-09-11 at 06:02 PM.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

So what's the payoff? You can play burned games?

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    So what's the payoff? You can play burned games?
    nah no one is burning them. blu-ray media still costs too much. you can download them and play them however. you can also add homebrew apps and pretty much do what every the crap you want (or download) since the public now has the "private" keys.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

The biggest thing about this new hack is that they are claiming the only way for Sony to fix it is to issue new hardware.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DEP78 View Post
    I appreciate everyone who provided info on this service. I tried to provide points to people who helped me out about the service. SBR-John, maybe not so much about the info provided, but if you didn't start this thread I wouldn't have known I could stream through the wii. The others who provided info about the service that I didn't acknowledge with points, please let me know and I'll send some points when I have them. The people who provided info about the stock , that's good and prob more valuable in the longterm , I thank you also, but Wisconsin ML killed my points.
    tks for the points DEP

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    The biggest thing about this new hack is that they are claiming the only way for Sony to fix it is to issue new hardware.
    yup. but that ain't gonna stop us with the old hardware

DEP78

This Netflix thing is great, but addicting. Works great through the wii, on PC and even the iPhone (works real good via 3G as well as WiFi).

DEP78

Has anybody heard of Roku? Apparently you can stream netflix, hulu, YouTube, amazon vod all in hd (1080p). I ordered one, but don't have it yet. Wondering if anyone here has one and if they do - how do you like it?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

It was much better 4 years ago. Now, the new release movies are being delayed by 30 days because it's hurting DVD sales.

The great thing about it would be, having unlimited access to their plethora library of movies online.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

How does this affect my VHS VCR?

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Netflix fees are going up and now they are trying to push people away from getting the movies in the mail.

I love my Netflix, but I may just have to test out Bluckbuster to see how it compares.

Does Redbox have blu rays?

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Does Redbox have blu rays?
    Yes, at some locations.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

optical disc media is dying quickly. kudos to netflix for staying ahead of the game with their streaming apps.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont need netflix

i have hbo on demand
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-27-15 at 02:11 PM.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I turned down the rights to own/operate some of the first RedBox's in the NorthEast back in 2004. $1400/ea for 5, plus the upkeep. During my undergrad, just prior to this, I was a district manager of 4 franchised Blockbusters for a company that ran 15 stores, all of which are closed now. I have a lot of knowledge on the industry as a whole, but it's going to be a super long post.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    I turned down the rights to own/operate some of the first RedBox's in the NorthEast back in 2004. $1400/ea for 5, plus the upkeep. During my undergrad, just prior to this, I was a district manager of 4 franchised Blockbusters for a company that ran 15 stores, all of which are closed now. I have a lot of knowledge on the industry as a whole, but it's going to be a super long post.
    We're all ears.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

All hype. Their stock is dropping faster than a bucket of rocks in the ocean.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    I got it last month and its amazing I've watching prison break season for the past few days
    Stop after the first season and pretend the show ended there. First season was so great, went downhill fast after that, it was completely unwatchable by the last season.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

800k customers lost over the quikster split

BlueMe
    BlueMe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no idea but I really pissed off when they split it to make it harder to rent!

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

They lost my business. I am now using blockbuster online, b/c they allow you to drop off at blockbuster stores and pick up new ones.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blockbuster is the real way to go unless you must have streaming media. 30 day pass is 7.50 right now on promo 1 at a time if you are a gamer sick value just turned in batman arkham city for battlefield 3 cant beat that for 7.50

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blockbuster online 30 day free trial allows in store returns. i kept both in store and online under 30 a month

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I wouldn't buy their stock. I think they have hit their peak. I see redbox taking over, too long of a turnaround with netflix.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post

This is a good question. I have seen in their marketing "We have this movie a month before Netflix" etc. etc. so I guess they feel like this covers them vs Netflix and therefore they can keep gouging people
    The 28 day delay from Netflix came from the movie studios who realized that they weren't selling DVDs anymore. Netflix worked out a deal with Starz a few years ago that was so good for them, that they didn't realize HBO didn't give a crap about them and secretly launched their own platform.

The DVD business model was super lucrative as they didn't have the Blockbuster clause to deal with (I can get into this if need be, but it was basically how Wayne Huzienga made a fortune with help from his political buddies). The problem they face is this switch from physical DVDs to streaming. They paid $1M an episode to stream Mad Men for three years and cable stations are cool with this model now even though Netflix can't keep up at this pace.

If you have Netflix, than this site is essential.

First 12