onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Does Jim Harbaugh tank 2011?

Does he tank 2011 so he and the 49ers can have the #1 pick, so he can draft his QB Luck?

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

wont need to tank . 49ers suck

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    wont need to tank . 49ers suck
    LOL! True.

If Luck entered the NFL draft this year, would they been able to work a trade deal to get the #1 pick this year?

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    LOL! True.

If Luck entered the NFL draft this year, would they been able to work a trade deal to get the #1 pick this year?

No, Carolina had stated that they would have taken him at number 1.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

why would they say that??? Im sure clausen was happy hearing that

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

I think he is gonna have a hard time, but the niners dont have a bad team. They have a running back, good te and young recievers....ya they need a QB cause Alex/Troy Smith are shit. Ill root for him though. He's done wonders everywhere hes been so we'll see

Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clausen didn't get a fair stake, glad he will next year.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    ya they need a QB cause Alex/Troy Smith are shit. Ill root for him though.
    That is why a tank job in 2011 is a option. He knows what Luck is, and could do for his team. Maybe get that in the contract, not to be fired after a 1-15 first season. LOL!

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

nah they wont do it. he'll try to win the division and likely will

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I WISH, but they won't.

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    nah they wont do it. he'll try to win the division and likely will
    Hey, Stiff...where are the points you owe me?

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

No way, their offense will be better.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I say Jimmy gets them to 8-8 next year

They have a solid core of players

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

he will do well there........ no doubt

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Niners need to pick up one of these free agent veteran QBs. there are so many available this year.

Top Quarterbacks
    Peyton Manning (IND) – The Colts have gone on the record insisting that Manning will be made the league’s highest paid player at the conclusion of this season. There’s no need to rush—the interest will be mutual.
    Michael Vick (PHI) – How much do the Eagles like Kevin Kolb? Well, they liked him enough to trade Donovan McNabb to the Redskins, but I don’t think they’ll like him enough to let Michael Vick go. Vick still has debts to pay back from his previous trials and settlements, but that will be soon erased. Expect Michael to stay loyal to the only organization that gave him a second chance.
    Brett Favre (MIN) – I’ve heard jokes every offseason for the last decade (or so it seems) that Favre will die on the football field before he hangs it up. Bruised and battered, his consecutive starts streak was put to an end and this offseason he’ll be teamless following a less than impressive campaign. Any takers? I doubt he’ll subject himself to the market this year, but come November next year, may he get the itch again? Seneca Wallace (CLE) – Wallace has often been an underrated quarterback when he gets his opportunities. He maneuvers well in the pocket and can cause problems on the perimeter, but also manages offenses very well. Finding success in both Seattle and Cleveland, he appears to be the most proven back-up quarterback on the market. He may not drum up a lot of attention, but he’ll successfully execute orders when asked to enter the game.
    Matt Hasselbeck (SEA) – It’s been four years since Matt Hasselbeck has been a statistically good quarterback when he posted a 91.4 QB Rating in 2007. However, there’s been a clear drop-off in the level of talent on the Seahawks roster since then as well. Hasselbeck may be the best back-up option on the free agent market on a team with talent, like Jon Kitna in Dallas. Though it’s not out of the realm of possibilities, I don’t expect Pete Carroll’s team to re-sign him, but instead go in a younger direction.

Matt Moore (CAR) – The collapse of the Panthers still remains an enigma to me. In the past, the team responded well to Matt Moore at quarterback. He fitted nice passes and protected the football, two things he absolutely didn’t do this year. To top it off, he suffered a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder in November, which won’t allow him to throw until March. He’s played the back-up role well in the past, so it seems that’s what he’s best suited to do.
    Alex Smith (SF) – Many often wonder how Alex Smith would have panned out if he had a stable offensive coordinator for his entire career, but he’s been plagued by offensive changes like no other young quarterback. He’s looked okay in short bursts, but hasn’t been able to sustain success. His potential has been eaten and his interest around the league may be miniscule, but he has some talent where he could sit on the bench for a couple years and become a decent veteran back-up. His days in San Francisco, though, are surely numbered. Matt Leinart (HOU) – Given the Cardinals’ quarterback woes, it sure seems like they made a mistake in cutting Matt Leinart before the regular season, especially given his 78.6 completion percentage this preseason. His biggest problem was his inability, or rather unwillingness to push the ball down the field, which ultimately caused Wisenhunt to pull the plug on Leinart. If he can find a quarterback coach that can get him over the hump, he may still have some value as a starting quarterback. He’s one of the wildcards in this free agent class.

Other Notable Free Agents:
    Marc Bulger (BAL)
    Todd Collins (CHI)
    Caleb Hanie (CHI)
    Brady Quinn (DEN)
    Drew Stanton (DET)
    Trent Edwards (JAC)
    Luke McCown (JAC)
    Brodie Croyle (KC)
    Chad Pennington (MIA)
    Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
    Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
    Jim Sorgi (NYG)
    Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
    Kyle Boller (OAK)
    Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
    Dennis Dixon (PIT)
    Billy Volek (SD)
    Troy Smith (SF)
    Kerry Collins (TEN)
    Rex Grossman (WAS)

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Austin103 View Post
    Clausen didn't get a fair stake, glad he will next year.

true, Carolina's O-Line was depleted with injuries and was overmatched. It has to play in Clausens mind every time he took a snap if he was going to get the crap knocked out of him. He made a lot of mistakes on his own but he was running scared most of the time.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

i can't imagine them tanking considering how weak the division is.

they only finished 1 game out of the division crown this year

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    why would they say that??? Im sure clausen was happy hearing that
    thats because Jimmy C will be a career clipboard holder and the Panthers know it.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Luck stayed behind for one reason... the pending lockout that no one will talk about...

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Luck can declare for the supplemental draft and have a 12 in 13 shot of not going to Carolina. Probably better odds that that to go to SF as not all teams eligible to make a claim for Luck would.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope, he will get Vince Young from the Titans, pick AJ Green and make the playoffs next year. Or even select Cam Newton and get the best WR Free agent and they will make playoffs next year. The Rams have one shitty receiving core and the Seahawks are just shitty. The 49ers will make playoffs next year.

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I dont think they could tank if they tried, that division is so atrocious they could win 4 games by accident. I imagine Harbaugh will get that team to buy into his system quick and he'll be the 1st year coach leading a 7-9 NFC West team into the playoffs in 2011 like Pete Carroll did this year. They are a very talented team, they got Gore, they drafted I think 2 big offensive lineman this year in the draft, and the defense is always gonna be decent with Willis, that dude should get more pub, he might be the top middle linebacker with Ray Ray being an old man.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Niners need to pick up one of these free agent veteran QBs. there are so many available this year.

You forgot Vince Young will also be available.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    Nope, he will get Vince Young from the Titans, pick AJ Green and make the playoffs next year. Or even select Cam Newton and get the best WR Free agent and they will make playoffs next year. The Rams have one shitty receiving core and the Seahawks are just shitty. The 49ers will make playoffs next year.
    I doubt Harbaugh would want Vince or Cam. I'm sure he wants a pocker passer.

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I doubt Harbaugh would want Vince or Cam. I'm sure he wants a pocker passer.
    I'm sure your not sure of anything because your not Harbaugh, so you don't know what he considers a pocket passer as noone considered Vick that up until this year.

The Seer

I'm sure your not sure of anything because your not Harbaugh, so you don't know what he considers a pocket passer as noone considered Vick that up until this year.
    Let's go 500 points on that he doesn't take either one. Deal? Put yur points where your mouth is.

THEGREAT30

Let's go 500 points on that he doesn't take either one. Deal? Put yur points where your mouth is.
    That would be a clown bet. I take 2 guys and you take the field, how stupid would that be? Jake Locker is not considered a pure pocket passer by a lot of people either you know.

I will make this bet for 500 pts. Cam Newton, Vince Young, Donovan Mcnabb or Jake Locker will be on the 49ers roster before season starts next year.

PRC
    PRC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

lol he may tank on his own anyway

The Seer

That would be a clown bet. I take 2 guys and you take the field, how stupid would that be? Jake Locker is not considered a pure pocket passer by a lot of people either you know. I will make this bet for 500 pts. Cam Newton, Vince Young, Donovan Mcnabb or Jake Locker will be on the 49ers roster before season starts next year.
    I'll take that bet. No former pocket passer is gonna coach anything but. Locker has a small chance here.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Want me to hold the points? They will be safe in my wallet.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

That would be a clown bet. I take 2 guys and you take the field, how stupid would that be? Jake Locker is not considered a pure pocket passer by a lot of people either you know. I will make this bet for 500 pts. Cam Newton, Vince Young, Donovan Mcnabb or Jake Locker will be on the 49ers roster before season starts next year.
    Cam Newton

I dont think so buddy. Why would they draft Newton? Hes a horrible passer and cant make progressions at all. He is Vince Young Jr.

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Cam Newton

I dont think so buddy. Why would they draft Newton? Hes a horrible passer and cant make progressions at all. He is Vince Young Jr.
    SBR breeds you dumb smart guys

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Want me to hold the points? They will be safe in my wallet.

He will never pay. He will be proved wrong a couple of weeks after draft time at the latest

The Seer

He will never pay. He will be proved wrong a couple of weeks after draft time at the latest
    I'm the one with plenty of points here and have never borrowed any but have loaned out many. If anything you won't have enough at the time. I always keep at least a 1000 and more in the book. Onlooker can be witness to this bet though.
    Last edited by The Seer; 01-07-11 at 08:26 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I'm the one with plenty of points here and have never borrowed any but have loaned out many. If anything you won't have enough at the time. I always keep at least a 1000 and more in the book. Onlooker can be witness to this bet though.
    I sure will be.

Seriously though, if you guys want to post up with me, let me know. I am safer then the best A+ book.

12 Last