Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    pardon?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...20your%20Totem

Your math is wrong... again. Stop using rounded decimal odds which are exceedingly inexact.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...20your%20Totem

Your math is wrong... again. Stop using rounded decimal odds which are exceedingly inexact.
    sorry teacher but would you mind showing me exactly where I went wrong?

Thremp

You miscalculated the price on the fave drawing the errant conclusion it was better. I don't know how you did this. Weird. Either way, its completely ****** since you fukked the 4th grade math part and then all the subsequent stuff is nonsense.

Hareeba!

You miscalculated the price on the fave drawing the errant conclusion it was better. I don't know how you did this. Weird. Either way, its completely ****** since you fukked the 4th grade math part and then all the subsequent stuff is nonsense.
    oh dear did 1?

so if I lay Ferrer at 8.6 and am paying 5% comm. what is the effective price I'm getting for Nadal?

(sorry but I must have skipped that class in 4th grade)

Hareeba!

oh dear did 1?

so if I lay Ferrer at 8.6 and am paying 5% comm. what is the effective price I'm getting for Nadal?
    it seems that may be proving a little tricky for the teacher?

anyone else able to help out please?

my answer is 1.125 (-800)

Thremp

Check your totem.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

it seems that may be proving a little tricky for the teacher?

anyone else able to help out please?

my answer is 1.125 (-800)
    Correct.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Correct.
    thanks 4LC, so perhaps my grade 4 maths isn't as bad as teacher says

unfortunate that he prefers to play with his totem rather than being inclined to point out where he thinks I'm wrong so I will proceed in the belief that I did get it right which makes my conclusion correct, i.e. that one could have backed both players at better odds than were available at Pinnacle

now it would be good to get him to answer this question of yours which he conveniently side-stepped:

On the subject to statements that are wrong. You stated
    That is not debatable as its impossible for it to have the best price on anymore than one side in >100.4 overround markets compared to Pinny and its entirely possible that it will never have the best price due to being a higher overround market.
    unquote

Do you still believe that?

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon72 View Post
    Is Live Betting a big trap for bettors. Does the sports book have that much of an edge over you? I will say one thing its very addictive!
    OP fu-ck the book, fu-ck live betting, and fu-ck gambling, as no book has an edge from my sh-it cause i dont let them and don't fall to the traps of there tricks. Only time i use live betting is to get out of a bad bet, most of the time they sqeeze there juice on live. As i have the edge not them remember you gotta catch them constantly with there pants down.

batigol
    batigol's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone know where can you see real-time odds for livebetting ? When the game is in progress I mean ! Is there some sites that have this , but for free and with no delay. I know only oddsportal but they do not have all bookies that I use. Thanks !

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

yeah ... betfair rules

horsiehung
    horsiehung's Avatar Become A Pro!

live betting is very addictive, but i am still looking for a site other than bodog that does it play by play.

thadchr
    thadchr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3577

Thread Restart?

I'm very reluctant to bring this thread back up since after about a half page in it turned into a long, exhaustive argument about the slight mathematical differences between odds at Pinnacle and BetFair, but I didn't want to start a new thread when one of the same topic has inevitably been started at least once before. As for the Pinny/BetFair argument, regardless of which side is correct, as it stands the vast majority of us can't play at either book anyway. Obviously that doesn't disclude these from discussion, but I do think it makes them less relevant and less helpful to most of the forum.

So, assuming we can put that behind us I'd like to get back to the initial point(s) of the thread: What U.S. sites offer decent live wagering? Which have the most options (as in types of bets), most available games to live-wager on (i.e. games that aren't huge marquee events like the Super Bowl, etc.), best odds, etc.? Does BoDog still have their live-bet flash software, and if they do, is it even worthwhile? (I've heard nothing but bad things about BoDog lately.) And of course, live wagering strategy and the like would be helpful as well for anyone actually interested. (Or maybe that would be better suited for the 'Think Tank'?

Note: I only made this post bold--which I do consider sort of obnoxious--to mark the "cut-off" between where the Pinny/BetFair argument hopefully ended. Sorry for the questionable etiquette.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Aside from Matchbook, I have found that Intertops is one of the best US friendly sites for live bets.

thadchr

FLC, despite having been capping for like 6 years, I've never gotten around to using Matchbook! I've heard almost exclusively good things, but have just always had plenty of books where I didn't feel I needed to go out of my way to use another. But how exactly does it work (the "exchange" concept and whatnot)? Also, what is the format for their live betting? Thanks!

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by thadchr View Post
    FLC, despite having been capping for like 6 years, I've never gotten around to using Matchbook! I've heard almost exclusively good things, but have just always had plenty of books where I didn't feel I needed to go out of my way to use another. But how exactly does it work (the "exchange" concept and whatnot)? Also, what is the format for their live betting? Thanks!
    betting exchanges are simply sites where players can bet on offers put up by other players or put up their own offers for others to accept - just like a stock exchange

the operator takes a relatively small cut by means of a commission charge

bottom line is that most players end up paying a good deal less in commission on their betting and make more / lose less (or lose it more slowly) than they would pay in vig. playing at a bookmaker.

thadchr

So Matchbook is entirely worthwhile...even if I already play at 4-5 others. ... Do they offer solid first-time deposit bonuses? I'm a bit broke right now.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by thadchr View Post
    So Matchbook is entirely worthwhile...even if I already play at 4-5 others. ... Do they offer solid first-time deposit bonuses? I'm a bit broke right now.
    they offer a permanent bonus of the very best kind - lowest juice - they don't need to offer all the gimmicky deceptively good stuff that ordinary books do

if you are serious about your betting they are a must have but if you are broke you shouldn't even be contemplating betting

todd73nj
    todd73nj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1885

Quote Originally Posted by batigol View Post
    Does anyone know where can you see real-time odds for livebetting ? When the game is in progress I mean ! Is there some sites that have this , but for free and with no delay. I know only oddsportal but they do not have all bookies that I use. Thanks !

Use Betfair and an odds converter if you dont know decimal. Even though it gives you an IP warning, it will still allow you to view the market as they move

pennsylvania209
    pennsylvania209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Live betting is another way to lose more money.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by pennsylvania209 View Post

or, if you know what you're on about, to win even more

actually probably easier to make money betting live

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by pennsylvania209 View Post
    if you can control yourself ... no way

you can win loads of money

horsiehung
    horsiehung's Avatar Become A Pro!

can anyone please tell me if Betfair is good for US players?
    Also, are they the same as matchbook?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by horsiehung View Post
    can anyone please tell me if Betfair is good for US players?
    Also, are they the same as matchbook?
    no they're not the same as MB ... they are streets ahead (other than for US sports) but yes they are both exchanges

unfortunately Uncle Sam won't allow his citizens (or for that matter, anyone present in the country) to use Betfair

Hareeba!

Pinny does deal -104 on Tennis. Check your math.
    that was a GS

now that we're back to the regular grind show me where Pinnacle is dealing tennis at -104 today

looking more like -108 to me

csatarid
    csatarid's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love li betting, im in Augsburg gogo! BET365 is the BEST!!

If somebody wants to join I call it and we receive a bonus!

batigol
    batigol's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet 3.65 is good for livebetting but limits,limits,limits.......

kylehen_son
    kylehen_son's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

just moved to 5dimes, loving the live betting

First 1234