Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Masu485's Pro Sports Plays 2011

This is it my friends. Starting January 1st, I will be starting my very own pick thread. I have been here for a long time and while still relatively unknown, that will all change soon. I know there will be a myriad of new pick threads come Jan 1st, but I will try to keep this one up through the thick and thin. I will be playing PRO sports only (NHL NFL NBA MLB)

I don't want to make this a long introduction, but here is a quick resume of my highlights the past year:

1. Accurately predicted the home team winning the 2010 Winter Classic in a come from behind victory in the final seconds. The fix was in to boost NHL market in Boston.

2. Accurately predicted the 2010 Olympic Hockey gold medal game would be won by Canada AND would be won by them in OT. I predicted this the day Canada lost to the USA in preliminaries when no one thought they had a chance. The fix was in and Canada had to win in a magical way and I knew this.

3. Accurately predicted winner of 2010 NHL champions when series began.

4. Accurately predicted a major upset in Lightning @ Capitals (+280), AND accurately predicted the final score of 3-2 Lightning. This was my ONLY specific score prediction and it hit.

5. Accurately predicted a Montreal Canadiens playoff win before playoffs began and said I would post the news article and video of the riot when it happened. Montreal then made the playoffs, won the game, and then there was a riot all as predicted and I posted the article and video.

Now I am going to see how I fare picking consistent winners. Obviously, I have been through a rough patch as of late, but now that I have a thread, I can be more disciplined and will document my plays on my spreadsheet as well (they will be the exact same as in this thread). Units won/lost and record will be there for all to see, NOT in this thread.

Will try this for 1 year and will take it from there on December 31st 2011. Wish me luck and see you all tomorrow or Saturday morning in here!

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

any picks for tomorrow? sunday? write-ups?

write-ups are huge cause so much guessing by so many ppl on sbr

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

wait a minute...

were you not the guy who was on a tilt betting the last $200 to your name??

you have no money management skills.

don't mean to be a dick, but people should be aware of that kinda stuff especially with these pick threads.

i hope it works out for ya, i really do.

BOL

Masu485

Stealthy, Yes that was me. I acknowledge that I have been through rough wagering times recently, but hopefully this thread will help keep me disciplined. I am and have always been a system guy and things always worked out well, but then recently I went on impulse and liked the results at the beginning, but eventually that buried me.

King Kolzig, Yes there will be picks for Sunday, don't know if I'm playing NFL yet or not. There will be no write-ups as I am trying to keep the picks strictly in line with my system. In this thread, you will just find the 1-4 picks each day, they will be bolded. And again, record and units won/lost will be on spreadsheet.

I find write-ups overrated, as there are always numerous reasons to pick each team. If I make a writeup about how much I like one team, I'd also be able to make a writeup about how I think the other team will win. Furthermore, you can writeup 100 reasons for one team to win, but then the other team just ends up winning. I will gladly talk about some picks if there is a discussion going on, but otherwise, no lengthy write-ups. Sorry all.

Masu485

Ok, this is not a joke, but already my system gives me a ridiculous wager. But I AM CONFIDENT IN IT! I will mostly be playing MLs (favs AND dogs). This system predicted Vikings over Eagles SU, Raptors over Mavs SU, and Huskies SU yesterday, so don't knock on the system yet.

NBA:
    Chicago Bulls -1475 (also confident with spread, but I personally will take ML)

NHL:
    New York Rangers +115

THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rangers look good, I took the over myself. Good luck Masu

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    Ok, this is not a joke, but already my system gives me a ridiculous wager. But I AM CONFIDENT IN IT! I will mostly be playing MLs (favs AND dogs). This system predicted Vikings over Eagles SU, Raptors over Mavs SU, and Huskies SU yesterday, so don't knock on the system yet.

NBA:
    Chicago Bulls -1475 (also confident with spread, but I personally will take ML)

NHL:
    New York Rangers +115
    why the rangers? is TB tired, ppl injured. thats why short writeups are big. ppl want 1 paragraph writeups to justify the pick. look at my Penn st +7 thread in players talk, i gave a short reason why i like em

Masu485

Record:
    1-1 +0u

Sunday:

New Orleans Saints -305

We always see this situation, the team that needs the win badly self-destructs and implodes.
    Late games posted tomorrow afternoon.