Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Internet Gambling Law: Card Networks Must Now Detect Betting

Internet Gambling Law: Card Networks Must Now Detect Betting

May 31, 2010 by Staff
    ecreditdaily.com

Beginning June 1, credit and debit card processors must have “reasonably designed policies and procedures” in place to detect if U.S. transactions are tied to bets placed with Internet gambling sites, according to a finalized rule by the Federal Reserve.

But the intended crackdown on U.S. online wagering that was behind the 2006 law taking effect tomorrow is far from certain as its power to enforce such activity remains vague.

Moreover, online poker parlors and other betting sites commonly modify card network coding requirements to avoid detection.

The Fed itself states that the rule “does not specify when transactions must be limited or accounts closed, only that the institution should have procedures in place.”

The Fed adds that the appropriate Federal financial institution regulator “has discretion to impose requirements in the course of supervision or within the context of an enforcement action.”

The Fed’s final rule behind the Bush Administration’s Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, UIGEA, was postponed for six months, partly under pressure from some Democrats still pushing for legalized and regulated U.S. online gambling.

There have been concerns from both parties over the UIGEA’s lack of a clear distinction between illegal Internet betting and state-sanctioned sites for horse and dog racing venues or lotteries.

The Fed’s rule specifies that “participants in a designated payment system are exempt unless they have direct relationships with commercial customers” – some of which may be offshore affiliates of betting sites.

In effect, much of the burden would fall on third-party payment processors and so-called “merchant acquirers” who establish merchant accounts on behalf of the top card networks, ****, **********, and their member banks. Most often, though, these processors are sponsored by financial institutions that are members of the card networks.

The Fed’s rule states that an institution must conduct due diligence on “whether the customer poses a minimal risk of engaging in an Internet gambling business.”

If the institution cannot make this determination, it should obtain a certification from the customer that it does not engage in an Internet gambling business.

If the customer does engage in an Internet gambling business, the following is required:

■Either a copy of the commercial license from a State or tribal authority authorizing the customer to engage in the business or a reasoned legal opinion;
    ■A written commitment by the customer of any changes in its legal authority to engage in the Internet gambling business;
    ■A third-party certification that the customer’s systems for engaging in the Internet gambling business are reasonably designed to ensure that the business will remain within legal limits.

Brock Landers

Just got this

Fuk you ********

June 1, 2010

Dear Brock,
    Our records show that you may have used your ******** Visa® Prepaid Debit Card for internet gambling transactions in the past.

Beginning May 31, 2010, ********** and **** will begin complying with the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act by blocking all online gambling transactions attempted by U.S. cardholders. This means you will not be able to use your ******** card or account for internet based gambling transactions. Internet gambling transactions will be automatically declined to comply with these federal regulations. ******** has no control over this change.

Don’t forget there are many great ways to use your ******** card. You can pay bills online or over the phone, shop online and make everyday purchases anywhere **** debit cards or wherever Debit ********** is accepted. At ********, we make sure that you are informed and in control of your money.

Thank you,

Your ******** Team
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-28-15 at 03:16 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

There are numerous ways to fund...........cards have always been my last option.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Half the offshore books will go out of business. No one wants to be going to ** every two days.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Half the offshore books will go out of business. No one wants to be going to ** every two days.

Half?

C'mon dude

phillyhata1
    phillyhata1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1648

I agree pavy who wants to send money to akman sabanchi forel sammisilli in montevideo uruguay. Um gee that doesnt look suspicious, let alone you go back like once every two weeks with a different name.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

I LIKE "Don’t forget there are many great ways to use your ******** card. You can pay bills online or over the phone, shop online and make everyday purchases anywhere **** debit cards or wherever Debit ********** is accepted."

As if we would use that card for anything else.

There's some coin to be made if someone/some group comes up with an alternate way to fund.

Thanks for the info Brock.

phillyhata1
    phillyhata1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1648

I asked rebate wager and they take green dot moneypacks you can get anywhere, but there payouts are only two days a week which sucks

Brock Landers

FED EX Checks are the only way to deposit large sums now...

JJ. i want to set up a call with Wally at thegreek to discuss this. AKA you call with Nicky and Scotty at Betjam. Needs to happen ASAP.

JJ, CALL ME

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Tears up ******** card.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Brock, what do you think about using ******** to send $$$ via **? this way we dont even have to leave the house to deposit. we can do it all from our home on westernunion.com

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    Brock, what do you think about using ******** to send $$$ via **? this way we dont even have to leave the house to deposit. we can do it all from our home on westernunion.com
    what are the limits? Can you do it with a fake name? If you can do 3 dimes at once under a fake name, i'm ok with it. Otherwise its under a dime and that would require MULTIPLE transactions...

All in all, looks like Fed Ex Cashiers checks to the books for anything over a dime.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by phillyhata1 View Post
    I agree pavy who wants to send money to akman sabanchi forel sammisilli in montevideo uruguay. Um gee that doesnt look suspicious, let alone you go back like once every two weeks with a different name.
    Last time I got a check it was from some Jose from Nicaragua. I got weird looks at the counter. Like how can an american sharp dressed man is getting money cashed from a third world country. Like I was involved in some kind of money laundering or other illegal activities.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    FED EX Checks are the only way to deposit large sums now...

JJ. i want to set up a call with Wally at thegreek to discuss this. AKA you call with Nicky and Scotty at Betjam. Needs to happen ASAP.

JJ, CALL ME

Fishhead

what are the limits? Can you do it with a fake name? If you can do 3 dimes at once under a fake name, i'm ok with it. Otherwise its under a dime and that would require MULTIPLE transactions...

All in all, looks like Fed Ex Cashiers checks to the books for anything over a dime.

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last time I got a check it was from some Jose from Nicaragua. I got weird looks at the counter. Like how can an american sharp dressed man is getting money cashed from a third world country. Like I was involved in some kind of money laundering or other illegal activities.
    for the people who keep using ** and ** sending and receiving from all those weird names....thats exactly how they will be treated...they might even be labeled as a terrorist

its all over for me in the offshore world...I dont wish to be labeled a terrorist because I sent money offshore

I dont want my name on the feds list after June 1st, 2010....and it wont be there I can promise that

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Quote Originally Posted by phillyhata1 View Post
    I agree pavy who wants to send money to akman sabanchi
    Weird thing is I know a guy who goes by that name

Pavyracer
    The guy I collect from has stopped talking when I walk in the shop and gives free drinks and snacks because of this Nicaragua business. Gives a bad image
    Last edited by Karayilan9; 06-01-10 at 02:09 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paver are you?

It is usually guys like you that are involved in money laundering.

I never use ************

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I agree with you pavy. Its just not worth the hassel or risk anymore, play out what I have offshore then use a local.

later

Fishhead

Never realized the majority here were such BIG TIMERS

Neat

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Are these restrictions going to be lifted soon, I can't believe what some of you guys have to put up with.

tailmypicks
    tailmypicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

why dont they want you to gamble? whats wrong with it?

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Paver are you?

It is usually guys like you that are involved in money laundering.

I never use ************

Been gambling offshore since pre-1997 and I may have used some type of card once or twice for a deposit ..............and on the recieving end, think I've only paid for a cashout once or twice ever.

Meanwhile, we have hundreds of gamblers making numerous deposits with some type of "card" and stating that more times then not, they are forced to pay for cashouts.

Mindboggling

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    I agree with you pavy. Its just not worth the hassel or risk anymore, play out what I have offshore then use a local.

later
    well said

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster B View Post
    well said

No it was not!

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    No it was not!
    you have balls made of crystal....ANYONE willing to go against the Feds is ok in my book

they might even let you post on SBR in one of their prisons...while you're doin a bid for terrorist money laundering

viva la fishhead!

Fishhead

you have balls made of crystal....ANYONE willing to go against the Feds is ok in my book

they might even let you post on SBR in one of their prisons...while you're doin a bid for terrorist money laundering

viva la fishhead!
    IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO SEND MONEY OFFSHORE!!!!!!!

You think W.U and ** are not going to do international money transfers any longer?????

Grandmaster B
    Retired

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO SEND MONEY OFFSHORE!!!!!!!

You think W.U and ** are not going to do international money transfers any longer?????

of course they are...everyone knows that

I just dont wish to have any record of my Government name sending money out of the United States after June 1, 2010

you can do whatever you feel like...you're untouchable...you have millions...or so you have stated

Fishhead

of course they are...everyone knows that

I just dont wish to have any record of my Government name sending money out of the United States after June 1, 2010

you can do whatever you feel like...you're untouchable...you have millions...or so you have stated

How many ACTUAL NON-GAMBLING related international money transfers do you believe are done in the U.S. on a daily basis between W.U. and M.G. ???????

Care to take a stab?

Grandmaster B
    Retired

How many ACTUAL NON-GAMBLING related international money transfers do you believe are done in the U.S. on a daily basis between W.U. and M.G. ???????

Care to take a stab?
    probably ALOT

but if the same person keeps sending to the same country over and over and over to 10,000 different names...

Brock Landers

fish, i want to move 5 dimes NOW to thegreek...how am i going to do it?

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

How many ACTUAL NON-GAMBLING related international money transfers do you believe are done in the U.S. on a daily basis between W.U. and M.G. ??????? Care to take a stab?
    There's thousands of transfers between the US and Mexico and the Caribbean Islands everyday. Most people are sending money out of the Country to their families. If the government really wanted to find out where your money was going, they would. They'd rather take the easy approach and try to stop it to begin with or at least make it harder for people to gamble.

Fishhead

fish, i want to move 5 dimes NOW to thegreek...how am i going to do it?

CASHIERS CHECK

But why you would want to send it the GREEK for 20 cent baseball lines is beyond me..........hold off until August.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

probably ALOT

but if the same person keeps sending to the same country over and over and over to 10,000 different names...
    Most books are in different countries. Use several different books and you are fine.

More importantly if you need to deposit into any 1 book more than 4 times per year than you should probably not be gambling

Fishhead

Gold-pay

gold-pay

gold-pay

12 Last