ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do any of the Offshore Books Do an "Outlaw Line" like the Stardust did?

On the college foots board we were discussing early lines, and it got me thinking about the old so-called "outlaw line" once put up by the now-gone Stardust in Vegas.

On Sunday nite players, sharps and wannabee sharps, would come by with briefcases full of money (or money they'd already posted at the Stardust) and were allowed to bet into the first line.

This was NOT the line that the Stardust would release, it was only for the sharps who were in the room on Sunday night. It was like a lottery, with the bettors taking a number for chance to be as close to the front of the line as possible.

It was a way for the book to protect itself. If known wise guys bet into an outlaw number, the book would then adjust the number for their official opening line, for action by the masses later on.

I was wondering if any of the offshores do the same,the CRIS group mainly. If so, it would have to be done electronically, online.

I've never heard of it offshore tho. Anyone know?

ritehook

Moderator:

The title of the thread should read: Do any of the Offshore Books Do an "Outlaw Line" like the Stardust did?

Clicked on the wrong key with an errant digit.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fixed it for you sir

ritehook

I'm kind of thinking that the early lines book do, in fact, post a de facto "outlaw line."

They simply put up their numbers and watch who is logging in to bet into them in the first few minutes.

They know who is sharp and who isn't. If a sharp throws a nice chunk at a number, they quickly adjust it. Gotta be that way.

Not as much fun as Sun nite at the 'Dust, but likely just as effective in correcting linemaker error, if not more so.

PS to BBD: thanks for the fix

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

some books do but not on the website, they let their top players bet early so they can adjust lines.

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

They're all following LVSC and with good reason. There's hardly any deviation from the LVSC line anywhere. Again this with good ****ing reason and everyone knows what that is.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowworld View Post
    They're all following LVSC and with good reason. There's hardly any deviation from the LVSC line anywhere. Again this with good ****ing reason and everyone knows what that is.
    Um, no.

raiders72002
    raiders72002's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ricky Steve- I agree with you on this, but I hate it when guys just say "no".

Add something of substance to your reply or just STFU.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72002 View Post
    Ricky Steve- I agree with you on this, but I hate it when guys just say "no".

Add something of substance to your reply or just STFU.
    Substance like trying to rehash old discussions because you're too lazy or stupid to click "search"?

raiders72002
    raiders72002's Avatar Become A Pro!

No

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

somehow found this thread through google but I would imagine Outlaw lines aren't as important now. Most big pro's won't bet into openers anyway because of the tiny limits on the overnights. Just my opinion, I'm not an expert on this though. The limits rise with time, that way the books can tell where the sharp money is