mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Ohtani 100% gambling here and they (Ohtani, Dodgers, MLB, their media partners and the interpreter) are in an orchestrated damage control scenario. Every pro athlete or celebrity should have a paid fall guy. The notion these people are any different than the average person is laughable. They are just blessed with physical and or genetic talent many do not have or never develop. We also have Roberts talking about how much better it is without the interpreter around. Of course- because he’s guilty right?!?! They are managing the damage on a lot of fronts.

1. Ohtani- MLB’s biggest generational and most marketable star currently. He means money and tons of new money at that.
    2. Their gambling and gaming partnerships and revenue (new lucrative dollars) and the other leagues with these partnerships and the questions lurking.
    3. The league itself and the preservation of the illusion that baseball is not tied up in scandal. Has been repeatedly forever.
    4. The commissioner who basically has been fukking up since day 1. Another stain.
    5. What good does it do to let him get caught? None! It’s bad for everyone, every player, every owner, league office, etc… they covered the roids shit up too until it became too obvious.

The list could go on. I don’t care if you have $700 million or $7 dollars, you will notice money leaving your bank account. We wire 1000’s daily in my business and there is a verification process normally or an alert at minimum. You aren’t just sending a zelle here. The bottom line- the general public are busy, don’t care and mostly dumb but we aren’t this dumb. Remember- the average person doesn’t know as much about this gambling, bookmaking, sports betting world as we all do… they literally know what a slot machine is at most in many cases. There is much more here but what’s the point in blowing his cover? He’s the biggest star in the #2 market in the country.
    Last edited by mjsuax13; 03-27-24 at 04:25 AM.

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1278

Easy way…. When anyone says no comprende.. I point to ground and ask them, is that your $20 bill? ��
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave dollarbill 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

I feel bad for Ohtani as he can no longer get his bets in.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I feel bad for Ohtani as he can no longer get his bets in.
    He’s still betting somewhere.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Now it's $16 mil. But no bets were placed on baseball and Ohtani didn't know about it. Riiiiiiight.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Now it's $16 mil. But no bets were placed on baseball and Ohtani didn't know about it. Riiiiiiight.
    We'll never know the whole story.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    We'll never know the whole story.
    True. The fact he isn't suspended during the "investigation" tells me the coverup was already in place from the get-go.

The wildcard is the bookie. They need him to stick to the story.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

I was 1000% sure it was Ohtani. But hard to believe that Ippei would go to jail for that long regardless of how much he'd stand to get from Ohtani to be the fall guy. I think he must have told the bookie that the bets were for Ohtani. Obviously no bookmaker is letting a translator bet up to $160,000 a game and get $40million or whatever in the hole unless they think it's Ohtani doing it.

Sad story all around regardless of who was betting or not. If it was Ohtani, surely Ippei could have found him a Chinese bookmaker to take his action and have a 0% chance of being caught.

The part I found to be comical was bets were ranging from $10 to $160,000. Guy was obviously clicking buttons and doing 50 team parlays for $10 hoping to just hit some miracle

First 12