ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24923

Nashy, u betting Marq-Conn tonite?

Just my opinion: *I think Marq will be flat tonite.

They've been playing w/o the Pt Guard. They've had a great season, had a good tournament w/o the starting Pt G.

Think they'll view this game as a chance to rest up and look fwd to NCAAs. If one was in a mood to lay pts, I think it would be Conn -9.5.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 167

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Just my opinion: *I think Marq will be flat tonite.

They've been playing w/o the Pt Guard. They've had a great season, had a good tournament w/o the starting Pt G.

Think they'll view this game as a chance to rest up and look fwd to NCAAs. If one was in a mood to lay pts, I think it would be Conn -9.5.
    If these two teams were tires the owner would be calling their insurance company for road side service
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    If these two teams were tires the owner would be calling their insurance company for road side service
    Good call, Unde. I'm lookin at it. Low-scoring 1h.

EZ to say now. Maybe the play was the Under.

unde0087
    Did we win?

I already had UConn -9.5 but I put a small one on the over when the line got down to 120. I mean I figured at some point someone is going to start knocking down shots. I can see an UConn explosion in the 2nd half. I still don't think the fighting Shocka Smarts are going to cover.

But to be honest with you watching that first 10 minutes I was wondering if I was watching the Big South conference championship or the Big East with how pathetic that display was. Another half of that and they will have to give out refunds.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Chucky, good news is they could probably build a new MSG with all the bricks.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Chucky, good news is they could probably build a new MSG with all the bricks.
    Yeah, for sure, construction workers in the house. Brick-layers union united. Anthony MASON just entered MSG with a hardhat.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Houston would fit right in on this, they got 28 points with 8 minutes to play

ChuckyTheGoat

EZ to say now. MARQ comes up lame in the title game.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3655

Nobody is beating UCONN. Odds are down to +400. You people are late to the party. Grab the +400 now or play UCONN at -7 on April 8.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Nobody is beating UCONN. Odds are down to +400. You people are late to the party. Grab the +400 now or play UCONN at -7 on April 8.
    If they play like they did today to any top team not missing the player of the year in the conference they wouldn't have won. I agree they should be the favorite but that performance gets them beat against top competition.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32353

Yeah Chucky, I had UConn.

We just got back from the Garden.
    Our alumni friends hooked me up with a pair for yesterday's semifinal double header, and today's final.
    I wasn't going to miss that for anything.
    I mean come on, a once in a lifetime chance to witness a regular season title and a Big East tourney title.

I'll start working the phones tomorrow and see if I can score a pair for the first round at Barclays next week.
    I guarantee you those tix won't be comped.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah Chucky, I had UConn.

We just got back from the Garden.
    Our alumni friends hooked me up with a pair for yesterday's semifinal double header, and today's final.
    I wasn't going to miss that for anything.
    I mean come on, a once in a lifetime chance to witness a regular season title and a Big East tourney title.

I'll start working the phones tomorrow and see if I can score a pair for the first round at Barclays next week.
    I guarantee you those tix won't be comped.
    You wanna hook up the Old Chuckaroo with one of those tickets?

As for Marq, yes. I just thought they would be tapped out today.

stevenash

You wanna hook up the Old Chuckaroo with one of those tickets?

We go to the BE tournament almost every year, those tickets are not difficult.
    I'll let you know how I make out for next week.
    The school's get first crack at the tickets before they go on sale to the general public, so there is a chance.

My wife's and my BFF graduated from Fairfield University; we can easily get tickets for next week's women's tourney.
    I would love to see the committee put Fairfiled University in the Storr's bracket with UConn, but the way things are looking the empty suits are going to punish the Stags for winning 29 consecutive games and going 31-1 and sticking our hometown gals in the Columbia SC bracket for the right to lose to South Carolina by 88 points.

Connecticut has three teams in the big dance, Sacred Heart for winning the NEAC, UConn for winning the Big East, and the most improbable of them all, Fairfield for winning the MAAC.

Just across the Long Island Sound from Fairfield is Stony Brook on Long Island, they're dancing as well.

ChuckyTheGoat

I would love to attend. Let me know if you have a spare ticket.

I could attend EITHER Fri or Sun OR Both days. I'll be your best friend.

stevenash

I would love to attend. Let me know if you have a spare ticket.

I could attend EITHER Fri or Sun OR Both days. I'll be your best friend.
    Sure thing.
    With #1 Houston, #3 Purdue, #4 UNC, #5 Tennessee, and #6 Arizona all losing this weekend, I expect UConn to be the #1 overall.
    But does it really matter?

Houston will still be the #1 seed in the Memphis region and UConn will be the #1 seed in the Barclay's (Brooklyn) bracket.

If you ask me, Iowa State deserves a #1 seed over Purdue.
    Purdue is like Bud Grant's Vikings, Jim Kelly's Bills, and the Atlanta Braves of the late 80's and early 90's.
    How many divisions did the Braves win in that era, like 88, and how many World Series did they win, one?

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3655

@ nasher

You may not know this but here in Connecticut we will be able to bet the UCONN & YALE games at any winners otb in Connecticut. Since the games are being played out of State we can make wagers on these games. I already had a UCONN ticket purchased at MGM Springfield so I’m already locked and loaded. Springfield is only 30 minutes away from me so no big deal. Depending on where you are in Connecticut this might save you a lot of time and travel.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    @ nasher

You may not know this but here in Connecticut we will be able to bet the UCONN & YALE games at any winners otb in Connecticut. Since the games are being played out of State we can make wagers on these games. I already had a UCONN ticket purchased at MGM Springfield so I’m already locked and loaded. Springfield is only 30 minutes away from me so no big deal. Depending on where you are in Connecticut this might save you a lot of time and travel.
    I did not know this.
    Learn something new every day.
    Thanks.

I'm in Fairfield, a little over an hour from Bradley International, and 90 minutes to MGM Springfield.
    There's an OTB in Bridgeport, 10 minutes from me, I don't care much for that section of Bridgeport but will check that out.

Good job GG

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Sure thing.
    With #1 Houston, #3 Purdue, #4 UNC, #5 Tennessee, and #6 Arizona all losing this weekend, I expect UConn to be the #1 overall.
    But does it really matter?

Houston will still be the #1 seed in the Memphis region and UConn will be the #1 seed in the Barclay's (Brooklyn) bracket.

If you ask me, Iowa State deserves a #1 seed over Purdue.
    Purdue is like Bud Grant's Vikings, Jim Kelly's Bills, and the Atlanta Braves of the late 80's and early 90's.
    How many divisions did the Braves win in that era, like 88, and how many World Series did they win, one?
    You are right about Purdue. Painter is PAINTING a legacy, and it's not a good one. How many Double-Digit dogs can he lose to?

That said, would be cool if he turned it around and got to the Final Four. Wouldn't mind the Boilers winning it at all.

ChuckyTheGoat

Yes, Braves won a ton of Division titles. But only the one World Series. I chalk that up to playoff baseball, can be very volatile.