Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

No College Bowl but College Brawl! UConn -4 v. Gonzaga

College bowls start tomorrow but don't fret as we got a college brawl hoops for tonight. What a showdown between #5 UConn Huskies v. #10 Gonzaga Bulldogs in Seattle, WA. (Neutral site but come on it's still in the same state as Gonzaga campus.)

UConn destroyed them in last year tournament and will continue the beatdown in tonight showdown.

Taking UConn -4

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2810

I'm on the other side headster! I smashed the zags at (+5.5)...sharps agreed! bad spot for UCONN...traveling across country to play the Zags (on one of their homecourts) and also Gonzaga will have the revenge and motivation factor in their favor (because of the tourney beatdown that you just mentioned). they also have a borderline must win desperation factor on their side after losing to a mediocre Washington team on this very court which btw the way is an advantage for them since they've already played on it! they have a better feel for the rims, surroundings, and those other nuances that pertain to playing in a basketball gymnasium. and their big man (Watson) can match up well and neutralize Karaban from UCONN...and add the fact that UCONN starts Big East play next week it's the perfect storm for an upset. Don't be surprised if the Zags win this game outright!...

Headsterx

Big Profits for #5 UConn

The UConn Huskies have been a great play for college hoops bettors.

The #5 Huskies are 15-5 ATS in their last 20 games dating back to last season. They’ve covered 2-straight games, including an outright win over #9 North Carolina on December 5th.

UConn are 4.5-point favorites tonight against #10 Gonzaga with tip-off set for 10:00 pm ET tonight on ESPN2. The Zags are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5748

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I'm on the other side headster! I smashed the zags at (+5.5)...sharps agreed! bad spot for UCONN...traveling across country to play the Zags (on one of their homecourts) and also Gonzaga will have the revenge and motivation factor in their favor (because of the tourney beatdown that you just mentioned). they also have a borderline must win desperation factor on their side after losing to a mediocre Washington team on this very court which btw the way is an advantage for them since they've already played on it! they have a better feel for the rims, surroundings, and those other nuances that pertain to playing in a basketball gymnasium. and their big man (Watson) can match up well and neutralize Karaban from UCONN...and add the fact that UCONN starts Big East play next week it's the perfect storm for an upset. Don't be surprised if the Zags win this game outright!...
    Liking Zags +2 (1H).

My fear with Zags +4 is that UConn could outscore the Zags by double digits in the 2H.
    Last edited by Conqueror; 12-15-23 at 06:07 PM.

Headsterx

Who is this BIG man Clingan?! Beast already has 8 pts and more than Zags at 5.

Headsterx

Halftime and Huskies are howling at the moon! 45-34.
    Hoooooooooowl!

Headsterx

These cats oh, I mean dogs are not playing around. They took down Indiana, North Carolina, and now Gonzaga. But Zags are trying to make a comeback!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2810

well, it was technically a good situational spot to back Gonzaga...at home coming off a bad loss, revenge and motivational factors in their favor, more desperate team, etc. all the ingredients were there for an upset or at the very least a cover. congrats to the Huskies. they deserved to win. no excuses here. I can promise you I won't be fading them anytime soon!...

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3655

@ Headsterx
    great call. Unfortunately couldn’t follow because State gambling law here in CT doesn’t allow wagers on any CT games.