pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Guys will figure it out soon. It's like basketball. If you don't inbound the ball in 5 seconds the other team gets the ball. Then teams start practising on how to inbound ball in less than 5 seconds. Hitters will have to practise on doing stuff quicker like adjusting gloves and getting into the proper batting stance.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47605

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Guys will figure it out soon. It's like basketball. If you don't inbound the ball in 5 seconds the other team gets the ball. Then teams start practising on how to inbound ball in less than 5 seconds. Hitters will have to practise on doing stuff quicker like adjusting gloves and getting into the proper batting stance.

I still like it even though my guy Machado got a 3rd strike called on him due to the pitch clock and then was subsequently ejected after arguing it. He did not look at the pitcher. That is one thing I don't like, why does the hitter have to make eye contact with the pitcher? If the batter is in the box, the pitcher should be able to throw a pitch whether he is ready or not.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I still can't believe how fast these games are, you blink and an inning is over

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I still can't believe how fast these games are, you blink and an inning is over
    Especially the low scoring games.

Yesterday's Miami 1-0 win was less than 2 hours.

Not a single game yesterday was over 3 hours.

Tremendous!

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20565

I wonder if they're losing money on food and beer?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11973

This was a great rule change to speed up the game!

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26367

This is a good rule. More scoring, shorter games.

JAKEPEAVY21

Nasher is in the overwhelming minority not liking the pitch clock. I have been reading and listening to a lot of opinions and the vast majority LOVE it and have even heard that this SAVED baseball.

More emphasis on running the bases and other aspects of the game rather than just trying to hit homeruns.

My prediction? It will grow on nasher and he will be singing it's praises sooner than later.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22628

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Yup, I agree!
    A great rule to stop all that "screen time" that these prima donnas love for advertising dollars.
    They were all starting to adjust every bit of clothing and gear they had on, just to get more time in a close up.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19651

I'm surprised that we're seeing so many violations; I went to about two dozen AAA games in Las Vegas last year and never saw a single one.

JAKEPEAVY21

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11973

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I'm surprised that we're seeing so many violations; I went to about two dozen AAA games in Las Vegas last year and never saw a single one.
    let's see what happens in the late innings in October when everything is magnified 20x

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22628

If you don't adapt they will find another to replace you!
    The cut line to be playing or not playing on an MLB team is very fine.
    This will all be a non issue in a few seasons. The shift is gone, they lowered the mound, three batter minimum, allowed cupped bats.....etc..
    In the NFL the QB's should wear tutu's! A rule change everybody hates.
    I love not having to watch a batter call time out to scratch his nuts...some of you may but not me!

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16024

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Hate the changes, baseball is now a gimmick.
    I actually thought I'd hate the pitch clock but like anything its taking some getting used to. It has accomplished what they set out to do which is make games played in a shorter amount of time and the game has only changed for the better I think because teams are running more and that adds an element of excitement to baseball. I also like being able to get through a nine inning game in 2 and a half hours even when there are a ton of runs scored. Those type of games used to last 4 hours and that's way too long for most fans so something had to be done I think.
    Last edited by jrgum3; 04-13-23 at 02:49 AM.

First 12