Betpoints: 1028

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Bucks are winning the title, I'd say.
    ok. fair enough.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Bucks are winning the East. That team is stacked.
    They've been my choice for the past season and a half.
    I have just one concerning question, is Middleton past his prime?

I keep waiting for KM to return to form and I'm still not seeing it.

I love the dude, for five consecutive seasons he consistently scored twenty a game, and for the the past five seasons his playoff numbers were even 20% better that his regular season.

One of the best SF's the NBA has seen in the past half decade.

I can't think of a discouraging word to say about the dude.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO

yeah khris class guy all the way...not over the hill imo, question on his knee

In the 3 1/2 years he was here…the Nets were 82-61 in 143 games with Kyrie Irving and 77-58 in 135 games without Kyrie Irving.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

I love the dude, for five consecutive seasons he consistently scored twenty a game, and for the the past five seasons his playoff numbers were even 20% better that his regular season.

Holiday is a better player than Middleton.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Holiday is a better player than Middleton.
    Two different animals but I see your point, and I can't disagree.
    One's a shooting forward, the other a PG.
    Both rock solid at their position, difference is it's a PG league now, you can win without a SF, it's very difficult to win without a quality PG.

What I like the most about the Bucks is they know how to go out and get those ancillary bench guys.
    Like a Joe Ingles for instance.

budwiser

holiday a defender, middleton a shooter, totally different players as kevin nash said imo. holiday can't shoot perimeter, middleton can't defend

that's what makes the bux tho, they plan on each other's strengths beautifully

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

He's playing great!

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    holiday a defender, middleton a shooter, totally different players as kevin nash said imo. holiday can't shoot perimeter, middleton can't defend

that's what makes the bux tho, they plan on each other's strengths beautifully
    Holiday has hit plenty of big 3s in his career. He's not just a defender. His career offensive stats are better than Middelton's, by a mile. He's averaged over 7 assists many full seasons in his career and he'll drop close to 20 most seasons. Middleton's highest ppg for a season is 20.9. He's never been an elite offensive force or player in his career. Meanwhile Holiday has been the number 1 option before. That's not even bringing up the fact that he's the best perimeter defender in the world that we've seen since maybe Kobe Bryant or Kawhi Leonard.

Holiday is the reason the Bucks won that ring. They tried to go with Bledsoe and Middleton and Giannis for years and never got it done. Holiday shut down Chris Paul and Devin Booker when it mattered most and made a ton of plays in the finals.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

is there a prop on dallas not making the playoffs

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Holiday has hit plenty of big 3s in his career. He's not just a defender. His career offensive stats are better than Middelton's, by a mile. He's averaged over 7 assists many full seasons in his career and he'll drop close to 20 most seasons. Middleton's highest ppg for a season is 20.9. He's never been an elite offensive force or player in his career. Meanwhile Holiday has been the number 1 option before. That's not even bringing up the fact that he's the best perimeter defender in the world that we've seen since maybe Kobe Bryant or Kawhi Leonard.

Holiday is the reason the Bucks won that ring. They tried to go with Bledsoe and Middleton and Giannis for years and never got it done. Holiday shut down Chris Paul and Devin Booker when it mattered most and made a ton of plays in the finals.
    Naaa,man it's a 3 headed monster

Holiday has never been a 3 pt shooter he has a flat shot he's a driver

Holiday great steals against paul yes ate his lunch

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by play4win View Post
    is there a prop on dallas not making the playoffs
    Careful, Luka and Kyrie could just work out short term.
    I kind of like it, long term, no, for the now, yeah, I like it.

budwiser

even if they don't make the playoffs this is great for luka. the guy was getting injured from overwork

now he has a guy he can screen for, kyrie as the ballhandler and luka making picks for him and rolling

the issue is their defense is shot, they have no defense now

budwiser

people say, well the nets had to give up kyrie because kyrie is a headcase.

kryie is not a headcase, he's a great player. but i'm thankful for the trade.

you say why.

it comes down to ben simmons. ben simmons is the reason kyrie got traded. he was supposed to anchor the defense and provide size. the guy is 6'10" 240 and was an all star. instead, they are too short and too light. they had no choice but to deal kyrie not because of kyrie but because the team is too small. it's sad, really

that said, they got a 6'6" guy in dinwiddie who even though is not good defensively he has length, and he can score. he's been with the team before. and they got dfs who can start to heal that big fat cut/wound in the nets at the forward spot that simmons is abondoning so he can flirt with playing and collect his $35 million this year

hopefully one more trade to put them into contention

i'll say it again, now is the time to load up on nets futures, because it is low risk high reward. people don't understand what is going on, because the don't follow the nets closely

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Holy shit the Mavs are dumber than I thought. I hope Doncic dumps them at the first opportunity -he'll ruin his career with a front office like that.
    it's always been this way with the mavs. dirk carried them so long. they were decent at hiring coaches who could win with less talent. but player drafts and trade...not so much. luka is in a tough spot. may win one ring like dirk or none like barkley. luka would be huge as a laker in the future, but for winning, he would have to be a celtic. celtics make good trades and draft good players. if luka left dallas he would win in boston for sure.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    durant had to opt out and go somewhere else. he should have stayed in GS and continued that dynasty.

irving is just all over the place. lebron needs him though. be funny if the nets get westbrook and he plays with durant.
    good point. i never thought about this. but steph had one without him at that point. if he stays and they win 6 rings, it doesn't look like he was a bandwagoner. it would be more like a shaq and kobe type legacy.
    to this point he gets little credit for the rings with gsw. he wanted to prove himself and build a team like lebron did. but it didn't work. lebron did it 3 times. he's got a lotta haters, but that is sick.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    it's always been this way with the mavs. dirk carried them so long. they were decent at hiring coaches who could win with less talent. but player drafts and trade...not so much. luka is in a tough spot. may win one ring like dirk or none like barkley. luka would be huge as a laker in the future, but for winning, he would have to be a celtic. celtics make good trades and draft good players. if luka left dallas he would win in boston for sure.
    There's lots of teams he could hook up with if winning a title is the primary goal. Going south to SA would be an improvement.

IBetYou

Bucks have the best GM... Jon Horst makes one brilliant move after another... Lopez, Holiday, Portis, Allen, Tucker/ Mathews, Ingles... just doesn't miss!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Bucks have the best GM... Jon Horst makes one brilliant move after another... Lopez, Holiday, Portis, Allen, Tucker/ Mathews, Ingles... just doesn't miss!
    Bucks don't have closer super star. They will fall short again come playoff time. Missing a dependable clutch shooter in the end of games when it's close in other words. A go to man.

Goat Milk

Tucker matthews Ingles all washed up. Bucks bench is weak.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Bucks don't have closer super star. They will fall short again come playoff time. Missing a dependable clutch shooter in the end of games when it's close in other words. A go to man.
    i rarely agree with jibby. but he is right on this one. as far as the trade i have no idea how kyrie helps the mavs. when i was watching the bottom of the screen i expected to see clippers. revenge against lebron and forming a big 3. this trade hurts the mavs. i wonder if this was cuban or the gm. if the gm, he needs to be fired. unless lebron is gonna end his career in dallas lol

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

There's lots of teams he could hook up with if winning a title is the primary goal. Going south to SA would be an improvement.
    the celtics and lakers have been in the finals every decade. but in the past 20 years celtics have drafted better and made better fa moves.

budwiser

middleton is the bux clutch shooter to end the game. no question about it.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

you a dummy. irving has like 38 games left. no way in hell he sign with mavs. he must be stupid as hell if he does.

budwiser

all kinds of stuff going on.

kd reportedly unsure of the nets direction. obviously if he gets traded that's the complete end of the title hopes. but i don't think it happen. but, everyone supposedly waiting on that.

raptors supposedly on the block but they got ridiculous demands. 3 first rounders for og you gotta be kidding me they refused that. rumor they will wait until the last minute

what a circus. ends tomorrow 3pm

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    i rarely agree with jibby. but he is right on this one. as far as the trade i have no idea how kyrie helps the mavs. when i was watching the bottom of the screen i expected to see clippers. revenge against lebron and forming a big 3. this trade hurts the mavs. i wonder if this was cuban or the gm. if the gm, he needs to be fired. unless lebron is gonna end his career in dallas lol
    I rarely agree with you also kingdum. Don't do me any favors by agreeing with me now.

budwiser

gonna be interesting to see kyrie try to beat the clippers tonight without luka, not used to playing with his teammates, no dfs no dinwiddie

budwiser

Initial reaction with kyrie on the mavs is this dude is smallest on the court

Welcome to today's nba

budwiser

Yeah irving is too small

Dallas now has same issue nets had. Too small.

budwiser

Mavs experiment fails kyrie gets less than he gets from nets

Nets offered 3 year max $50 mil 4th based on title, kyrie offended he wanted 4 years guaranteed no incentive.

He's too small.for $50 mil a year

budwiser

Durant traded wow.

Well there goes my nets futures. Low risk high reward, never expected durant to be moved

Team is a joke now.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Durant traded wow.

Well there goes my nets futures. Low risk high reward, never expected durant to be moved

Team is a joke now.
    playoffs future? they could still make it, team isnt completely shot

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Durant traded wow.

Team is a joke now.
    He must have asked out. I can't believe they'd do it otherwise.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    playoffs future? they could still make it, team isnt completely shot
    They got almost nothing for kd. Crowder and bridges.

I guess kd wanted out.

Team imploded from within. The kyrie trade i guess was too much for kd.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    He must have asked out. I can't believe they'd do it otherwise.
    Yeah i guess he wasn't committed to the nets anymore.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

Brooklyn spoke to a few teams about Ben Simmons after the Kyrie trade, per
    @IanBegley

First 123456 Last