Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

can anyone help with geo location problem on dk?

all of a sudden this morning i cant log back in and the damn geo location download thing isnt working

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Make sure you’te on WiFi. Geolocation is more accurate that way.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Yeah Wi-Fi or if you can try a different device, mobile or pc etc

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Fixed now?

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

shut phone down and re-boot. sometimes makes the connection go better.

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Phone app is utter garbage and slow as fk

pologq

it is slow as shit. agreed. very very frustrating. i am taking a break from them and just playing on FD. at least that app is always reliable for me.

Crayzee

still not fixed i use laptop on wifi at home - no problems forever then all of a sudden yesterday wham- getting ready to pay someone to do remote fix

pologq

i only use the apps on my phone. whenever i try to use wifi at work or home it doesn't know my location.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    still not fixed i use laptop on wifi at home - no problems forever then all of a sudden yesterday wham- getting ready to pay someone to do remote fix
    same exact scenario happened to me. just stopped functioning. I tried many different avenues to no success. Finally, brought the computer to BEST BUY and success.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

My app forces login by email password every time. No biometric. DK and their condescending customer service repeats instructions every time I contact them of the issue. Their customer service is atrocious. Had a misgrade on the weekend and the agent was condescending again, "its very frustrating when you
    thought you wind but I this instance you did nit, wager graded correctly".....like fuk it was. I had to bombard them with email as there is no live chat for ontario. Hour after the result was final and 30 emails,y wager was regraded properly. Zero emails saying they fuked up though, zero apology from DK.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A tech mess there
    Make sure no vpns

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

there are certain apps if you have open on your computer then their detection program thinks you are spoofing location even if you’re really not. I know webex is one of them. Simply closing webex solved same issue for me. Maybe you’ve got something open that is raising a flag to DK

bob498 tc
    bob498 tc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Draftskings been a joke for me,on the phone it's always slow. Now recently on my pc,half the time it says im not in New York.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

Bet with a local….I can be in madagascar and make a bet…

Crayzee

thanks for the replies- i got it ! i restarted the computer and it worked

someone mentioned best buy- thats what i was going to do - theres one right down the street

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4205

If using a computer, just refresh the page. Works every time.

tiktok
    tiktok's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7665

I have a geo location problem on every site.

Might have something to do that I'm in a restricted state

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    My app forces login by email password every time. No biometric. DK and their condescending customer service repeats instructions every time I contact them of the issue. Their customer service is atrocious. Had a misgrade on the weekend and the agent was condescending again, "its very frustrating when you
    thought you wind but I this instance you did nit, wager graded correctly".....like fuk it was. I had to bombard them with email as there is no live chat for ontario. Hour after the result was final and 30 emails,y wager was regraded properly. Zero emails saying they fuked up though, zero apology from DK.
    I am a big fan of DK - However

Agree the logging in every time is annoying as fukk

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    there are certain apps if you have open on your computer then their detection program thinks you are spoofing location even if you’re really not. I know webex is one of them. Simply closing webex solved same issue for me. Maybe you’ve got something open that is raising a flag to DK
    ^^^ good advice. Use control panel to close background programs one by one and you might identify the culprit if this is the problem.
    Points Awarded:

miaplus3 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18989

If you're using a PC and you're not using a VPN/location spoofing it's worth checking your list of DNS servers. This will show if your internet requests are being picked up by 1 or more servers that are outside of a desired geo-location. There are many sites that will check this for you. Here is 1 such site:

https://browserleaks.com/dns

If your DNS servers list reveals a potential problem then try changing your DNS servers. Cloudflare, (personally recommended), and Quad9 are free and may solve a DNS geo-location issue. Changing your DNS servers is a quick and simple process that's best described here:

https://1.1.1.1/dns/

Edit: missing from the instruction list is 2a) Click on Network and Sharing Centre.
    Last edited by semibluff; 11-08-22 at 04:40 PM.
    Points Awarded:

miaplus3 gave semibluff 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional gave semibluff 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

1. Uninstall and Reinstall GeoComply
    The old “unplug and plug it back in” method can work if GeoComply is giving you issues.

2. It’s Your Router — Try Changing Your DNS Settings
    New Verizon FIOS gigabyte routers (G3100) in particular do not work with GeoComply under the router’s factory settings.

You need to change your DNS settings on your computer. Here’s a detailed read on how to do it for both Mac and Windows.

3. Turn Off VPNs, Zoom, etc.
    When you have any sort of location-altering program turned on, GeoComply becomes a frantic mess.

My work laptop runs a piece of security software that GeoComply thinks is me trying to circumvent the location checks. So I can’t bet when Zoom is running because it thinks I’m no longer in New Jersey.

Turn off any program you think would give GeoComply the impression that you’re trying to mask your location.

4. You’re Too Close to the Border
    Sports bettors in states like New York have made a habit of heading right over the state border to New Jersey to bet. But in certain locations close to the border — Washington D.C. in particular — GeoComply can’t seem to discern whether or not you’re in range.

Even between the Pennsylvania and New Jersey borders, which both have legal betting, GeoComply can have issues and prevent you from betting.

5. Update Your Computer’s Operating System
    GeoComply doesn’t work on some older Mac operating systems. Try updating your software.

6. Clear Your Browser Cache to Force Any Changes to Kick In
    A cache in your browser stores frequently-accessed static content. So unless you clear it, your browser could still be running under the old information that made GeoComply fail to work.

Clear your cache after taking the steps above, or try a different browser.

7. If All Else Fails, Bet on Your Phone

The sad reality is that GeoComply will likely give you trouble forever. Bet on your phone (not on WiFi) if you can’t on desktop.