gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

SBR Consensus

I know there have been a million threads on this, but given the change in ownership I feel like we should revive it. Do the betting consensus numbers come from:
    a - a US Book
    b - the Covers contest picks
    C- somewhere else like offshore or sportradar
    THANKS

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I know there have been a million threads on this, but given the change in ownership I feel like we should revive it. Do the betting consensus numbers come from:
    a - a US Book
    b - the Covers contest picks
    C- somewhere else like offshore or sportradar
    THANKS
    Old SBR management was just as cagey about revealing data sources as the new ones are. I guess it's considered commercially valuable info.

The most I have seen said publicly, so I feel comfortable to repeat it, is that we use data from several books plus a couple of services. I've seen Don Best and Pinny mentioned.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Thanks Opti. I would be interested in seeing the dollar volume from the sources utilized if possible. I know that was a feature in the past for NFL. You would think with the US facing books being publicly traded companies that there would be more transparency from an investor risk perspective.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19333

I just do not see how we can use information we cannot verify. Why would sports books allow us information that has any value?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    I just do not see how we can use information we cannot verify. Why would sports books allow us information that has any value?
    You can verify it's value by tracking the consensus vs w/l ATS but you're right, the info by itself is pretty useless.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19333

Yes, we are going to want to know is it based on $'s for the consensus and what kind of volume? If it is a per head basis then the sharpness of the clientele would be nice but it is like you say we would have to track it in order to fade or follow.

Not sure if you play at a world gaming site. They put up a consensus on each game. For example: in the NBA tonight they have Houston +8 1/2 at 90%. It was +9 earlier so I do not know how much of the consensus was at each. The over 225 1/2 is at 94%.

The money line showed 60% a half hour ago on Houston and now it is 24%. So, does that mean some players are hitting the 390 favorite Clippers or was it a really small sample size on the money line.

One thing for sure is if a player never tries to find anything he will never find anything.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Old SBR management was just as cagey about revealing data sources as the new ones are. I guess it's considered commercially valuable info.

The most I have seen said publicly, so I feel comfortable to repeat it, is that we use data from several books plus a couple of services. I've seen Don Best and Pinny mentioned.
    Honestly its because that data is manipulated. Books dont just hand out that information without a purpose. When they use to hand that out early on 7-10 years ago they would get buried on certain games. Just like most things books adjust after you hit them hard enough and then if you dont adjust they give you the "consensus data" they want to give you and put you in the grave and laugh while they collect your money.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Jake - I never check SBR Consensus anymore... I think it's highly inaccurate. Doesn't match up in any way, shape, or form... with other sites. It's pure garbage.

I've also seen it change drastically 30 minutes after a game has started. Where one side was dominated 65% of the time.... all of a sudden the "other side" is now at 67% it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Want a consensus report just ask ten of your buddies at work
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave pilebuck13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i do not trust any consensus reports anymore. too much manipulation to get people to bet a certain way.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are not accurate anywhwere

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Want a consensus report just ask ten of your buddies at work
    Lol so true

I have a buddy who is so square I just call him on the big games and find out who he likes and then fade

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Lol so true

I have a buddy who is so square I just call him on the big games and find out who he likes and then fade

Gauco Loco, who would win in a statistics knowledge bet? You or Justin7, the line is out

Justin7 -750
    Ese Loco +1350

I am wagering on you Ese Loco!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Lol bro I have never taken a stats class.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

I don't use that stuff anymore. I've adjusted to the the new world order. I might even get the bivalent vaccine.

Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3232

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I don't use that stuff anymore. I've adjusted to the the new world order. I might even get the bivalent vaccine.
    I remember when i first joined and you told me DO NOT EVER GO BY SBR CONSESUS! GL today bro
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Machba 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24880

Lol so true

Jake, Stop calling me then.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24880

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They are not accurate anywhwere
    JJ is right.
    I have yet to find any that appear to be representative of the actual market. Nothing at one site matches another. The built in delays the sites have in updating the information makes it useless anyway.