The Bullseye
    The Bullseye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1979

The Bullseye Week 8 SBR Contest Picks

The boys have strung together back to back winning weeks and look to make it 3 in a row in Week 8. Here is who the team is riding this week:

Jon Metler (6-1-0): Pittsburgh Panthers +3 (-113) vs North Carolina Tar Heels

"The North Carolina Tar Heels are positioned well in the ACC Coastal Division, but I think they will fumble the bag at home against the Pittsburgh Panthers on Saturday. Although it is only three points, I believe that the Tar Heels are laying too many points and that Pitt will win outright on the back of Israel Abanikanda. Since I believe Pitt will win this game outright, the opportunity to purchase the key number of three points cannot be passed up."

Michael McClymont (5-1-1): Baltimore Ravens/Tampa Bay Buccaneers Under 46 (-113)

"Following the trends here. The total has gone under in all but 1 of the Bucs' games this season. Each of the Ravens' last 4 games have gone under this total, including an expected shootout against the Bills and a primetime matchup with the Bengals. Thursday nighters have tended to go under this season as well."

Andrew Brennan (3-4-0): San Francisco 49ers -1 (-115) vs L.A. Rams

"Please refer to my Week 4 pick. Kyle Shanahan still owns Sean McVay. The 49ers have won the last seven regular-season meetings between these teams dating back to 2019, including a 15-point victory at the start of the month. Shanahan's shiny new toy, Christian McCaffrey, has gotten in a full week of practice after playing limited snaps last week. San Fran is going to make it eight in a row."

Esten McLaren (2-5-0): Atlanta Falcons -4.5 (-107) vs Carolina Panthers

"The Panthers are 1-1 since dismissing head coach Matt Rhule and 1-0 since trading running back Christian McCaffrey. While they were able to lean on the ground game in last week's upset of the Buccaneers, the Falcons must have taken note of that approach. Carolina's 32nd-ranked pass offense by DVOA meets Atlanta's 32nd-ranked pass defense, but QB P.J. Walker and the Panthers' middling offensive line won't be doing any damage. Look for Atlanta to focus on shutting down Carolina's running backs and for QB Marcus Mariota to do enough damage through the air against an awful Panthers pass defense."

Sean Tomlinson (1-6-0): N.Y. Jets +2.5 (-110) vs New England Patriots

"Breece Hall's absence won't be felt as much against the New England Patriots. The New York Jets are often winning with defense, ranking 10th while allowing just 19.6 points per game. The Patriots' offense has benefitted from weak competition recently while scoring 29 points during a shutout win over the Detroit Lions (last in points allowed per game), and erupting for a season-high 38 points against the Cleveland Browns (28th). The Jets aren't an ideal matchup for the ineffective Mac Jones."

Comment below with your favorite play of the week and don't forget to submit your contest picks here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Andy

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16024

Not a good start for me or the Bullseye crew as I was on Bucs and Under. I'm also on San Francisco this week hopefully we don't jinx my team but I like that pick the best out of all your picks. BOL this week guys!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

McLaren and Tomlinson need to pick it up! A combined 3-13...