JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Jibbb. You might want to get checked out if your drinking was that heavy. Medical detox. People have died after a few days off the sauce. Godspeed
    I thought about it but I don't like doctors. I read up on it.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'll take my chances. Just pounding water. Trying to stay hydrated. Lot's of fruits and veggies. Asprin also. First 24 hours my heart was skipping a few beats every now and then when laying down. That was catching my attention. That went away though. That's not happening anymore. Starting day 3 now.

Like I said I think I'm past the hard part.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    stay strong jibby and unde. it’s poison. god bless
    Appreciate it. I don't intend on going back out especially knowing a month in rehab was a 40k bill.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave unde0087 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9233

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I am unde and I am an alcoholic. Hope you are still doing good Eddie. Truth be told, I went quiet on the forum for over a month because I checked myself into treatment. My life was going down a dark path, I am sure many of you realize how angry I was by my posting, and thoughts of just ending it all were daily while I chugged whiskey damn near every night. Basically I would try to get black out drunk because I knew I would never take my own life while sober. So I know what you are going through Eddie. I know I can't drink like the "normies". If I pick up again I can probably say that I won't live past 42. I am 65 days sober and it is a day at a time. The tough thing is realizing I pissed away half my life in the bottom of a bottle. I just figured it was time to start living life instead of missing it.
    Sounds like you are heading in the right direction mate
    Points Awarded:

unde0087 gave Optional 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24894

Wow, unde. I'm just reading this now.

*If you're sincere and coming forth, congrats to you. That's a courageous move.

I'll be rooting for you. Props to you. No judgment from me, just wishing you the best.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Wow, unde. I'm just reading this now.

*If you're sincere and coming forth, congrats to you. That's a courageous move.

I'll be rooting for you. Props to you. No judgment from me, just wishing you the best.
    Pretty sure you have been around here long enough to know I am speaking the truth. I mean I would say at least 50% of my posts after 10pm on any night I would have to come back to SBR the next day to see what I said, most were pretty aggressive when I was blacked out. Hell you know you have a problem when you are getting banned/timeout by Nasher. Gambling was even a more interesting thing. Especially on weekends. I would wake up in the morning and have to log into my accounts to see what my balances were. Sometimes there would be thousands, some times there would be zero. It was a wild ride that wasn't fun but I couldn't stop on my own. I couldn't even tell ya how many times I would wake up hungover as shit and have to go to work, telling myself it was the last time and by the time I was pulling into the driveway that night there would be a bottle in my passenger seat riding shotgun. Every time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Jibs I know I give you a lot of shit, but I sincerely hope you feel better.

Unde, good work pal.

I've been there. Today is # 2737 of being sober since I made a similar decision. It's not always easy, but it gets a lot better.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave gauchojake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave gauchojake 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: unde0087

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Jibbb. You might want to get checked out if your drinking was that heavy. Medical detox. People have died after a few days off the sauce. Godspeed
    That is correct
    Went to rehab in 1989 for drugs and booze

Alcohol and benzodiazepines are the only two drugs you can die from when you are a heavy user and suddenly stop

Please pay attention to your vitals Jibbby
    It certainly doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen enough to take it seriously

Glad to see Unde getting better as well
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave getaloadoffatso 11 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I thought about it but I don't like doctors. I read up on it.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'll take my chances. Just pounding water. Trying to stay hydrated. Lot's of fruits and veggies. Asprin also. First 24 hours my heart was skipping a few beats every now and then when laying down. That was catching my attention. That went away though. That's not happening anymore. Starting day 3 now.

Like I said I think I'm past the hard part.
    Pablo Escobar - Don't you worry about Jibs. This dude is going to be drinking shit before you know it.....if shit can't kill Jib then none of that stuff will.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24894

Unde, happy for you. I can assure you that you don't need alcohol to enjoy life.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/edA-2NOUZL8

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10898

Peace Unde
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: unde0087

unde0087
    Did we win?

To the SBR alcoholics like myself
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

and yet it's legal to buy anywhere fawwwwwwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk cant drink except vey light mixed drin ks and not much maybe one time per day diabetes type 2

i swear thes drunk drivers cause major accidents and the one who destroyed my car should get severe VD and his d i c kfall off

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    and yet it's legal to buy anywhere fawwwwwwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk cant drink except vey light mixed drin ks and not much maybe one time per day diabetes type 2

i swear thes drunk drivers cause major accidents and the one who destroyed my car should get severe VD and his d i c kfall off
    Old Billy - Do you drive around in an 85 Pinto?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    stay strong jibby and unde. it’s poison. god bless
    It really is. I use to preach on SBR tequila and lemon is the cure to everything. I still believe it is for colds and flu's that is if you aren't an alcoholic and don't drink daily and don't get hooked.

I can't do that anymore. 2 years ago I was not an alcoholic when I was preaching Tequila and lemon on SBR. That's what got me hooked was drinking Tequila. I went from wine to hard liquor tequila drinking just like that! I liked the quick tequila buzz, before I knew it I was drinking more and more and daily.

Back fired on me and I was hooked. Pure poison to the body when you drink like I did.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

Jibbby are you dying

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Jibbby are you dying
    Not yet Tex. Check back next week.

I'm still detoxing right now and it sucks. I'm getting there though. I don't even feel like a drink anymore with the way I feel. I sweated out 4 t-shirts last night in my broken sleep. On day 3 and half now of sobriety.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Not yet Tex. Check back next week.

I'm still detoxing right now and it sucks. I'm getting there though. I don't even feel like a drink anymore with the way I feel. I sweated out 4 t-shirts last night in my broken sleep. On day 3 and half now of sobriety.
    You must really have been drinking ALOT. I drank quite a bit and I had no issues going a few months cold turkey. I do believe that the climate you live in effects you as well as far as sleeping goes. You live in a warm area and using ac as well probably so you probably sleep well as it is and then you get off booze and your body NEEDS ALOT of rest to recover.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You must really have been drinking ALOT. I drank quite a bit and I had no issues going a few months cold turkey. I do believe that the climate you live in effects you as well as far as sleeping goes. You live in a warm area and using ac as well probably so you probably sleep well as it is and then you get off booze and your body NEEDS ALOT of rest to recover.
    Yes I was drinking alot and around the clock daily. I would pound a half gallon bottle of Tequila every 3 days and a bottle of whisky, did that for 2 years straight. Never missed a day. Keep in mind that I'm 6'5" and 250 pounds so I could handle it and I did. Then I finally broke out in a full body rash (Hives) right before New Years day and I knew it was because of the alcohol.

I said to myself enough is enough I quit or I'm gonna die! Here I am now.

I'm done and in all seriousness I hope I didn't really damage my liver. That's my only concern at this point. I was a fool drinking that much for that long and not stopping before now.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Get well JIBBBY. Sorry to hear about your drinking issues. I hope you get over it and come back stronger from it. SBR needs sober JIBBBY.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

Jibbby and Unde...
    Hang in there gents.

Alcohol and narcotics are cunning beasts.
    Dropped the bottle and the spoon 14 years ago
    and I am grateful for every breath.

Leave the horror show in the rear view mirror...
    What ever it takes you will not regret moving forward.

Last edited by 19th Hole; 01-04-24 at 03:44 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Old Billy - Do you drive around in an 85 Pinto?
    oooooooo fuuuuuuuuuuuuking funnee i dont think any are around any more

DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Yes I was drinking alot and around the clock daily. I would pound a half gallon bottle of Tequila every 3 days and a bottle of whisky, did that for 2 years straight. Never missed a day. Keep in mind that I'm 6'5" and 250 pounds so I could handle it and I did. Then I finally broke out in a full body rash (Hives) right before New Years day and I knew it was because of the alcohol.

I said to myself enough is enough I quit or I'm gonna die! Here I am now.

I'm done and in all seriousness I hope I didn't really damage my liver. That's my only concern at this point. I was a fool drinking that much for that long and not stopping before now.
    Moderation in life is key to everything we do as humans. Never let ANYTHING consume you or at some point it will backfire balance is something we all need to strive for.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4967

Unde, JIBBY and all others who are fighting the fight - best of luck to you.

Alcohol is a crazy thing.

I am myself a binge drinker. I've known it for years and have never really seen much of a problem until the last few years. I go days and have gone weeks without drinking. I have a normal job and dont feel the urge to drink everyday or anything like that. I mostly drink Fri/Sat nights just chilling at home. Lately its just once a week. During my 20's I'd binge drink or drink a lot at parties etc and didn't think much of it. Now that I'm in my mid 30's I've started to experience more issues. My wife and I moved to Vegas in 2021 and since we've been here there's been at least 3x where we've gone out and I've drank more than I should. It's weird cuz I'm fine one moment n then that one extra drink will cause me to black out n not know what happened the next day.

There's been situations where my wife has come to find me and drag me from wherever I am up to our room or back home. It's something I'm really going to work on as I know my limits, and am fine when I drink to those limits. The issues come up when we're out having a good time and I take it too far. At that point, you have to ask yourself what is more important? The feeling or happiness from drinking, or your loves one's and family. At least that's what it is for me.

End life story.

First ... 19202122