Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 530

Sometimes You Have To Go The Extra Mile To Get Gambling Money

I do this twice a month and save a ton on gas. Loosens up over $100 a month for gambling if I need it.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Damn bro 35 gallons? What you driving??

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Damn bro 35 gallons? What you driving??
    I fill my son's tank and then my tank. Normally leaves me 10-15 gallons to put in gas cans. 35 gallons is the limit that Kroger will allow you to do on a fillup when you redeem points.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I fill my son's tank and then my tank. Normally leaves me 10-15 gallons to put in gas cans. 35 gallons is the limit that Kroger will allow you to do on a fillup when you redeem points.
    Lol. So $4 off per gallon?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Gas was $3.42/gallon, so I actually saved $3.40/gallon or all together $119. I do that twice a month.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How much do points cost at Kroger or do you get them for free?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How much do points cost at Kroger or do you get them for free?
    You get points for your purchases. I wait until they have the 4X points on gift cards each month. I pay some of my monthly bills with gift cards (Cricket, Sling, Netflix, Regal). I use some gift cards when I go out to eat or need to buy things at places like Lowe's, AutoZone, Home Depot, etc. In the second half of the month, they offer me points on specific gift cards when I can get as much as 13X the value. I get enough points where I can buy gas for all 3 of my kids for most of the month since I work from home and don't drive too much.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Mr KLC 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

You get points for your purchases. I wait until they have the 4X points on gift cards each month. I pay some of my monthly bills with gift cards (Cricket, Sling, Netflix, Regal). I use some gift cards when I go out to eat or need to buy things at places like Lowe's, AutoZone, Home Depot, etc. In the second half of the month, they offer me points on specific gift cards when I can get as much as 13X the value. I get enough points where I can buy gas for all 3 of my kids for most of the month since I work from home and don't drive too much.
    The good thing is that I buy these with my Amazon Vi$a Card and get 2% back on all grocery store purchases. So I build those Amazon points that I receive over the year so Christmas is practically free.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21749

Damn, that's a lot of work. I do the Kroger $1 thing. But can you redeem 2,000 pts for $2/gallon at once? If so, I didn't know that. I thought it was $1 at a time.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Smart! You save a lot of money doing this and it doesn't cost you a dime.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Damn, that's a lot of work. I do the Kroger $1 thing. But can you redeem 2,000 pts for $2/gallon at once? If so, I didn't know that. I thought it was $1 at a time.
    It used to be only $1 at a time a few years ago. They will now allow you to redeem in multiples of $.10 all the way to the price of a gallon of gas. It's not a lot of work when you get the savings and are used to the process.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Smart! You save a lot of money doing this and it doesn't cost you a dime.
    The only drawback is when gas prices go up, you have to reach out for a few more gift cards to make the points amount for 2 35-gallon fill ups per month. I've bought food gift cards for my kids and they've paid me back in cash for them so I can get the extra points so they can continue to get their free gas.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The only drawback is when gas prices go up, you have to reach out for a few more gift cards to make the points amount for 2 35-gallon fill ups per month. I've bought food gift cards for my kids and they've paid me back in cash for them so I can get the extra points so they can continue to get their free gas.
    Yes you got a good plan. It's a lot of work but it looks like you can save $3,000 per year just from getting the discounted gas alone.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11987

Got gas?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9310

What a great thing to do for the kids.

Sounds like a crazy good offer if you can make $300 every month on it. And get cashback for Xmas as well!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21749

It used to be only $1 at a time a few years ago. They will now allow you to redeem in multiples of $.10 all the way to the price of a gallon of gas. It's not a lot of work when you get the savings and are used to the process.
    I should have seen this earlier. I actually did my $1 dollar today. Although I'm pretty sure I've been over $1.10 before and it only allowed $1. I'll have to see in the future.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What a great thing to do for the kids.

Sounds like a crazy good offer if you can make $300 every month on it. And get cashback for Xmas as well!
    Thank you, Sir. The main thing I ask of my kids is to use those extra funds wisely. I'm a big proponent of having at least a 6 month food supply. Food could potentially be a problem with some of the demographics going on worldwide right now. To me, it's the most important commodity you can buy at this point. I have one kid following my lead on food. I have one kid getting ahead on all of his bills just in case he were to lose his job. My daughter is still a college student so she is saving all of her money on the side. I can't argue with any of their techniques and I couldn't be prouder.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Mr KLC 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I should have seen this earlier. I actually did my $1 dollar today. Although I'm pretty sure I've been over $1.10 before and it only allowed $1. I'll have to see in the future.
    I'm assuming they do it nationally. I know they allow more than $1/gallon in Tennessee.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20577

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6249

How life in Texas KLC

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Got gas?

id still fcuk her

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

smart man

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Got gas?

It looks like she might be a candidate for one of those new electric plugins.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11987

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    id still fcuk her
    The question is would endure and sniff it all in if she continued to have chronic explosive gas in the sack?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 494

Damn. You got this figured out