captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10776

Years ago way before i was married i lived in Norristown we came home from dinner to find our neighbors telling us our apt was broken into. Turns out it was a guy that my gf used to give a lift home to. She introduced us once as she stopped at the apt and we lent him $20 .

Turns out he scoped the place when he was there. So she gave him rides from work and we even lent him money and he thanks us by robbing us. The witnesses said he was high or something and he even asked people to help him carry stuff out. They refused of course and they said he told them he was coming back to get more stuff. The VCR was wrapped up and he was coming back for that.

So we moved our cars and made it look like we were not home. Got my friends and we waited for him. We called the police and they told us we do not care what you do with him just do not kill him.Thats what they told us.

He came back walked in thinking noone was home to being surrounded by guys holding weapons like baseball bats and knives and me holding a Sabre which i know how to use . In my prime i can take a gnat off the end of your nose.

If you are wondering how this ends well he walks in and says something that we all just kind of looked at each other like did he really just say that. "Oh, i'm sorry -i did not know you were home" . So he just started walking away. I ran behind him and just threw him to the ground . He did not resist at all . The police finally came and then he decided to resist when he saw he was being arrested. They roughed him up a bit. So we never got our brand new TV back . We found out he sold it for $15 to an old lady in his building. I went there and saw it when i knocked on her door. She said it was her TV she paid for it. I had the receipt i just brought it. The police went there with a warrant a couple days later and she moved out i assume because the TV was the most valuable thing this bitch probably owned. So bye bye to my TV.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22616

I like the Cops where you live, they played it well.....sorry about your TV.
    Great read.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    I like the Cops where you live, they played it well.....sorry about your TV.
    Great read.
    Yea that part of it sucked losing the TV back then a large TV was expensive. Thank god he did not get the VCR that was pretty new too.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Years ago way before i was married i lived in Norristown we came home from dinner to find our neighbors telling us our apt was broken into. Turns out it was a guy that my gf used to give a lift home to. She introduced us once as she stopped at the apt and we lent him $20 .

Turns out he scoped the place when he was there. So she gave him rides from work and we even lent him money and he thanks us by robbing us. The witnesses said he was high or something and he even asked people to help him carry stuff out. They refused of course and they said he told them he was coming back to get more stuff. The VCR was wrapped up and he was coming back for that.

So we moved our cars and made it look like we were not home. Got my friends and we waited for him. We called the police and they told us we do not care what you do with him just do not kill him.Thats what they told us.

He came back walked in thinking noone was home to being surrounded by guys holding weapons like baseball bats and knives and me holding a Sabre which i know how to use . In my prime i can take a gnat off the end of your nose.

If you are wondering how this ends well he walks in and says something that we all just kind of looked at each other like did he really just say that. "Oh, i'm sorry -i did not know you were home" . So he just started walking away. I ran behind him and just threw him to the ground . He did not resist at all . The police finally came and then he decided to resist when he saw he was being arrested. They roughed him up a bit. So we never got our brand new TV back . We found out he sold it for $15 to an old lady in his building. I went there and saw it when i knocked on her door. She said it was her TV she paid for it. I had the receipt i just brought it. The police went there with a warrant a couple days later and she moved out i assume because the TV was the most valuable thing this bitch probably owned. So bye bye to my TV.
    lmao. wtf.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    lmao. wtf.
    This happened a LONG time ago before i went into the Navy. So probably before 1990

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    This happened a LONG time ago before i went into the Navy. So probably before 1990
    great story

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

The kid is getting off with just a misdemeanor charge. Lol. Gotta love LA prosecutors. He'll be a free man again in just a few days.

Hopefully that beat down he took taught him a lesson but I doubt it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The kid is getting off with just a misdemeanor charge. Lol. Gotta love LA prosecutors. He'll be a free man again in just a few days.

Hopefully that beat down he took taught him a lesson but I doubt it.
    4 misdemeanor charges. They have to go by the law.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    That looked like a felony assault to me. Had a lethal weapon on him that he sneaked in the venue. Could have been charged with planned attempted murder even when you really think about it.

He charged the stage attempting to hurt Dave bottom line and not just slap him in the face ala Will Smith.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So you just keep letting him out until he finally kills someone?

This is what we are seeing happen in New York just about every day. Someone get murdered, and we find out that the person responsible was arrested 20 times.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

That looked like a felony assault to me. Had a lethal weapon on him that he sneaked in the venue. Could have been charged with planned attempted murder even when you really think about it.

He charged the stage attempting to hurt Dave bottom line and not just slap him in the face ala Will Smith.
    I think it is legal to have a knive with a blade up to 2.5". And he wasn't carrying it on him when he tackled Chappelle.

They charged him with all the crimes they could.

A felony assault he had to punch him and break his nose or eye socket or scratch him with his nails or choke him.

You can read the law. If they overcharge him he can get acquited if they don't have evidence.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    So you just keep letting him out until he finally kills someone?

This is what we are seeing happen in New York just about every day. Someone get murdered, and we find out that the person responsible was arrested 20 times.
    You charge him with the crime he committed. You can't charge him with something he didn't do.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

That looked like a felony assault to me. Had a lethal weapon on him that he sneaked in the venue. Could have been charged with planned attempted murder
    What do the sentencing guidelines look like for the charge of planned attempted murder look like?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    What do the sentencing guidelines look like for the charge of planned attempted murder look like?
    I don't know about planned. Can't find anything on it. Is it more serious than attempted murder?

Attempted Murder (Penal Code 664/187)
    Attempted murder is where you intended to kill another person and took at least one direct step towards killing that person. A direct step might by shooting a gun at another person but missing, stabbing another person in the chest, hiring a third person to kill another human being, or rigging explosives that fail to detonate. Punishment for attempted murder where the intent to kill another person was premeditated is life in prison with the possibility of being paroled. The maximum punishment for attempted murder where the intent to kill was not premeditated is 9 years in state prison.
    Still i don't see anything here that will qualify as attempted nurder.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    IDK? Do I look like a prosecutor to you Chi?

I just don't see this going down as only a misdemeanor charge period. The dude had a deadly weapon on him at the Hollywood bowl and charged and rushed the stage tackling Dave the performer.

It's a crime alone to bring that kind of weapon into the Hollywood Bowl venue by itself. Combine all the rushing and charging Dave on stage acts and it seems like a planned attempted murder attack to me. How else can you chalk that up? No weapon then misdemeanor, with weapon on self felony.

First 123