stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Twins sign Correa

Three year deal for $105.3
    opt-outs after this season, and next

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 456

Correa is now officially a "gun for hire". He controls his own destiny with the opt outs. He goes where he wants to go and stays if he wants to stay. Similar to JD Martinez. Twins are only on the hook for 3 years if Correa's injury bugs come back, so it's not a long term risk. Correa was never going to get the long term commitment he wanted from the Astros, and I'm sure that they didn't want to get "used", so to speak, while he looks for his elusive big time deal that wasn't there in 2022.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14428

Twins have no pitching, correct? So it’s just to sell tickets.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Maybe I'm ignorant here, but doesn't this guy deserve a lot more? Is this because nobody likes him. I for sure don't, but very few are better in the postseason.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11340

He should have went to a bigger club, who the hell wants to play for the Twins. Better off staying with the Astros with at least a chance to make the playoffs every year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Minnesota terrible

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 456

If he has a good season with the Twins, it will be a one and done season. The Twins were probably the only team to offer consecutive opt outs like they did. The Yankees and Astros both have prospects that will more than likely be able to take over the SS position and probably didn't want to be held hostage by Boras year to year wondering if Correa was going to opt out for a potentially bigger contract with someone else. It seems nobody was going to give him Corey Seager money this late in the game. He's only played over 110 games in a season twice in his career. If he can play like he did in 2021, he's still young enough to revisit the market and see if the long term deal is still there with potentially less competition at his position compared to this year.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

I think it was a good move for Correa to stay in the AL for this season. he knows the league. should have a great year production wise, and then likely in an even better position for 2023 to land the 10-yr deal he wants