budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1028

This shows what we are doing.

We are cheering on these athletes cause they put on a jersey. You don't know if the guy on your team punches and kicks guys on the ground, and the other guy gives to charity and volunteers at a soup kitchen.

You don't care.

You root for whoever you bet on, or team you root for. If you live in WhoCaresVille, the players that put on the WhoCaresVille jersey are heroes in your world.

It's lunacy when you think about it.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    saw that once in my life i will never forget it. it's the behavior of psycopaths.

crowd was there but did nothing. i always regret not doing anything, but there were a lot of guys and only me.
    The right thing to do would be alert an authority figure, like instantly, don't gawk, just get on it.
    Getting involved will only get you injured, or dead.

That's smart, not cowardly.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The right thing to do would be alert an authority figure, like instantly, don't gawk, just get on it.
    Getting involved will only get you injured, or dead.
    That's smart, not cowardly.
    Yeah right move. It was a matter of seconds, within 40 seconds it's all over.

The police came, I told them I witnessed it. They told me to forget about it, go home.

I'll never forget it, outside a night club. the guy was out. he wasn't moving.

the guys who attacked him are pure animal. lot of evil out there.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Angry short tempered thugs. Black on black crime. Fake news media confused on how to report this now as it does not fit their race bait agenda.. ..
    This is what's been being taught in all the reputable journalism universities since the 1800's
    Who, what, where, when (the 'why' is not part of the reporters job)
    Basic reporting 101.

The reporter's job is just to present the story.
    Not to offer as to why an incident happened, it's not part of his job.
    As to why it happened that's the journalist's job.
    A reporter just reports what happened, the why it happened is the journalist's responsibility.
    A journalist researches the incident, the reporters only responsibility is to do just one thing, to inform the masses as to what is going on.
    A reporter isn't a journalist (usually), a journalist can be both a journalist and a reporter, and usually is.

An editorialist, his job is to offer up opinions as to why an incident occurred based off of facts.
    An editorialist's main responsibly is to offer professional opinions off of the facts presented to him from the journalist, the better editorialists do their own fact checking.

The difference between an editorialist and a pontificator is a slippery slope.
    Once you cross over the line of presenting an opinion as truth based on bias and what you want to believe without doing any fact checking, that's what is called a pontificator.
    Pontification is not a good thing, once you're labeled a pontificator you're usually branded as a pathological liar.

That's where todays journalism made a bad left turn right about the same time today's advanced social media exploded.
    I blame today's social media mainly for that.
    Don't get me wrong, today's advanced social media a good thing with a few bad things attached to it.

I'm expressing my opinion based off the facts I checked out.
    That would still make me an editorialist and not a pontificator.

That's the problem with today's media, too much pontification, which is a fancy word for lying
    There's a few too many pontificators here at SBR, but overall the majority of the posters are straight up.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    This is what's been being taught in all the reputable journalism universities since the 1800's
    Who, what, where, when (the 'why' is not part of the reporters job)
    Basic reporting 101.

The reporter's job is just to present the story.
    Not to offer as to why an incident happened, it's not part of his job.
    As to why it happened that's the journalist's job.
    A reporter just reports what happened, the why it happened is the journalist's responsibility.
    A journalist researches the incident, the reporters only responsibility is to do just one thing, to inform the masses as to what is going on.
    A reporter isn't a journalist (usually), a journalist can be both a journalist and a reporter, and usually is.

An editorialist, his job is to offer up opinions as to why an incident occurred based off of facts.
    An editorialist's main responsibly is to offer professional opinions off of the facts presented to him from the journalist, the better editorialists do their own fact checking.

The difference between an editorialist and a pontificator is a slippery slope.
    Once you cross over the line of presenting an opinion as truth based on bias and what you want to believe without doing any fact checking, that's what is called a pontificator.
    Pontification is not a good thing, once you're labeled a pontificator you're usually branded as a pathological liar.

That's where todays journalism made a bad left turn right about the same time today's advanced social media exploded.
    I blame today's social media mainly for that.
    Don't get me wrong, today's advanced social media a good thing with a few bad things attached to it.

I'm expressing my opinion based off the facts I checked out.
    That would still make me an editorialist and not a pontificator.

That's the problem with today's media, too much pontification, which is a fancy word for lying
    There's a few too many pontificators here at SBR, but overall the majority of the posters are straight up.
    Any news talking head is a pontificator (Tucker, Maddow, ...). That is why I never watch them, and my friends and family that do, I tell them they are brainwashed idiots.

budwiser

This day and age, you can pontificate as long as you follow the party line. If you're on Fox, you talk about how terrible the Dems are. If you're on CNN or MSDNC, you talk about how terrible the Republicans are.

If you're doing the NFL, you don't talk about politics. If you're at work, you don't talk about politics.

It's all canned. Free speech is gone, it's either no free speech or the party line.

I do remember back in the day you could say most anything. You could have one guy on one side, the other guy on another side, and argue it out. Like with CNN Crossfire. CNN is a joke. As for the NFL commentary, everyone knows the party line. How horrible it is that there are not enough black coaches. If one announcer even hinted that the situation is ok, he'd be fired and cancelled out, wouldn't last another day-and yet amazingly that IS the situation, only 2 black coaches. Amazing how that works

John Gruden sent PERSONAL TEXTS to a gm on ANOTHER TEAM and the guy looks like he'll never be able to coach in the NFL again, despite having a Super Bowl resume, announcing to high ratings on Monday Night Football. He's DONE and nobody cares. It's like the Kamara situation-a guy gets kicked in the head while unconscious and nobody comes to help cause they know they'll get the same.

budwiser

The bottom line is, we pick sides.

One side is the racism angle. The other side is the NFL is doing ok, they will keep trying to do better.
    One side is the Democrats, the other side is the Republicans.

You pick sides and it's like there's nothing inbetween. Only extremes. And the idea of actually having to think critically about anything at all is gone-you have your orders, your team. In a way, it's like football. You wear red, the other team wears blue. You don't care if the guy got away with murder on your team-he is your teammate and you'd die for this guy on the field. It's crazy when you really think about it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    This shows what we are doing.

We are cheering on these athletes cause they put on a jersey. You don't know if the guy on your team punches and kicks guys on the ground, and the other guy gives to charity and volunteers at a soup kitchen.

You don't care.

You root for whoever you bet on, or team you root for. If you live in WhoCaresVille, the players that put on the WhoCaresVille jersey are heroes in your world.

It's lunacy when you think about it.
    That is an ironic truth.

However, if you gamble daily you root for the team you bet on.

budwiser

That is an ironic truth.
    However, if you gamble daily you root for the team you bet on.
    No doubt.

I lost that home town feel a long time ago. I don't gamble daily, but I do gamble weekends during football season.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nfl could come down hard on him

He clearly started it

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nfl could come down hard on him
    In this day age, I don't think the NFL has a choice but to drop the anvil on Kamara.

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

Ok I'm guilty also! They (the libtards) are winning. Because we are always talking about how fooked up it is now days. This is how our government works. You give the public something they "Think" is a problem and we biotch and moan for years. Meanwhile, they are setting up their next big move. Possible war with Russia comes to mind. These people from this country are only worried about one thing. THEMSELVES!! Don't ever try to save somone. Fook helping them. Just take care of yourself. There is nobody going to help you! There are good people. Just not near enough to matter. The younger generation has been brainwashed into thinking blacks and whites are equal. I was a teacher for a few DAYS. The school system is a full on libtard atmosphere. We are a dying country. Life in this country was much better when the men ran it. The women stayed at home and raised the kids. The blacks were kept in their place. When women got a voice it went to shit. They are good for next to nothing now. Live it up blacks! Fook all the lily white dumb fook women ya want. I can care less from here on out. Just stay out of my way BOY.

Brandt Moat

If what Alvin did was NOT worse the Gruden's move, the NFL is telling all of us ONLY Blacks matter. I have become tired of their ways. I hardly watch it. NHL is better. It will become infested shortly. Just polish your guns and wait for the FUN!! It is coming-you dipshyts.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Moat View Post
    If what Alvin did was NOT worse the Gruden's move
    No, one is just what he thought was private banter/joking that he didn't think would go national.

The other is a guy who may have been paralyzed or killed or lost brain function

I don't make the rules, I follow them. I don't agree with them-at all, but if those are the rules you make use of them and act accordingly. You're powerless to change time.

Brandt Moat

Gruden got beat with a whip and if Alvin gets a slap, I will be done done!! Fook that league forever! Have been a Raider fan for many years. They have been dry fooked by the NFL since I can remember.

Brandt Moat

Just for the record I don't follow rules or most laws. They are there for who is in control to stay in control. How do you think the blacks got were they are? Resist Resist Resist! Whitey doesn't have that quality. Too many have it the way they want it. No chance to get back to old times. Glad I will be dead in the next day to 20 years. lol
    Last edited by Brandt Moat; 02-09-22 at 08:46 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Must be something in the water in Vegas. I just watched a video from a Las Vegas high school of a teenage girl pounding the living Hell out of another girl in class until she was unconscious, and then she kept pounding on her. Read the girl had a seizure on the way to the hospital.

Brandt Moat

Parenting is nothing more then growing a child these days. These dumb kkunt women listened to the books and media on how to raise a child for the last 20 years. The men of this country lost their balls 30 or so years ago. Spare the whippings etc. Do nothing just let them "express"themselves. OK How is that working you fookn tards. What a shiot show! I only care if ya fook with me now. Do what ya want to anybody you want. If it gets to a shoot out, I will embrace the day!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Must be something in the water in Vegas. I just watched a video from a Las Vegas high school of a teenage girl pounding the living Hell out of another girl in class until she was unconscious, and then she kept pounding on her. Read the girl had a seizure on the way to the hospital.
    Saw that Kermit - It was a disgusting display. Kids were more more concerned about getting the proper angle on their video than actually helping someone getting nearly pummeled to death. We just had someone in Milwaukee shoot a waiter in the face because their food order took too long, and when they got the order they were missing one hamburger! Society in the dumper...

Brandt Moat

The girl that got her azz kicked may have deserved it. I beat a guy up in high school that spoke out against a dead family member. I warned him and he laughed. I had him frothing and was having seizures. Had to say I was sorry so I could play ball that Friday night. The school understood the situation. Now days the weak think they can talk shiot to everybody and nobody will do anything. Not true pucies!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The girl that got her azz kicked may have deserved it. I beat a guy up in high school that spoke out against a dead family member. I warned him and he laughed. I had him frothing and was having seizures. Had to say I was sorry so I could play ball that Friday night. The school understood the situation. Now days the weak think they can talk shiot to everybody and nobody will do anything. Not true pucies!
    That's pretty ruthless holms!!

budwiser

Gruden got beat with a whip and if Alvin gets a slap, I will be done done!! Fook that league forever! Have been a Raider fan for many years. They have been dry fooked by the NFL since I can remember.
    Looong history with the Raiders and the NFL. But the NFL would not be the juggernaut it is today without the great Al Davis.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Like I said it was the SAME BLOCK where Tupac got shot. There are cameras everywhere on the strip. But where Tupac was shot there was a parking lot

Anybody that beats on somebody that is unconscious has no respect from me. At all. That's not a man that's some kind of animal.

Brandt Moat

Had him bent over the drafting board. Laying the wood to him. He was ok after a few days. He was warned by me and another guy that he was going to get lit up. He was just a person that was a na na nah na na. You can't touch me. You'll get in trouble. So I lit him up. That was in the 80's. I would be in jail for life for some of the things I done back then. I had a temper. My father was a lunatic. My whole family boxed and would fight at a moments notice. Irish/German not the best combo!

Brandt Moat

Al was a card! Can't say I was a fan. He feel in love with the long ball and in his later years kept getting jack azz QB's that were terrible. Jeff George, Jamarcus and a slew of others. Just glad they hired some white guys to take care of the front office and Head coach. Both are from my area in Akron, Ohio. That's kinda cool!

Brandt Moat

You guys wouldn't beat the tar outta someone that was saying things about a dead family member?

Brandt Moat

Mother, father, brother or sister?

Brandt Moat

He knew who I was and what I could do to him. He just thought I cared about getting suspended. I didn't get suspended. The school I went to was a football first community. I was the second best player on team. 1st defensive player MLB and captain. I assume he didn't do that any longer.
    That's pretty ruthless holms!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You guys wouldn't beat the tar outta someone that was saying things about a dead family member?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Nope, not worth going to prison.

Brandt Moat

? Not sure what your getn at Jibs. A simple yes or no. Or I couldn't do it if I wanted. I can't fight for shiot.lol The strong should be in control not the weak libtard fooks!

Brandt Moat

I haven't got into a fight since I got the shiot beat outta me bout 5 years ago. I jumped out of the car thought there was 2 there was a third that flanked me hit me in the head with something. Got boot stomped by the 3. Some how got in my car was 3 blocks from my house. Was concussed and cut a gut off and he followed me home and kicked my azz in front of my wife! It fookn hurt!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

? Not sure what your getn at Jibs. A simple yes or no. Or I couldn't do it if I wanted. I can't fight for shiot.lol The strong should be in control not the weak libtard fooks!
    I'm a big guy that can fight, I try not to these days that's all I'm saying. Really just having a little fun with ya with that Road House youtube vid post.

I usually only throw down if someone hits me in the face or is about to first. Someone grabs the woman I'm with with rudely and it could be on as well. I'll still try not to snap and see RED.

Other then that words I don't flip out on as I just walk away thinking what a jerk, not worth the trouble. You fight in public you do go to jail like Dem says. Not fun.

Brandt Moat

Understandable. When I did decided to put it on someone, I tried to make an example out of em so others would be fearful to do anything to me in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Nope, not worth going to prison.

Brandt Moat

I am to old. I have a bad heart. Got real bad wheels from top to bottom. My shoulder and elbow need replaced. I carry a 9mm. I won't fight either. But...ya know Some mental issues. lol

First 12345 Last