Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153504

Rodgers to Titans?

apparently he's building a home in a Nashville suburb

Tannehill was LaFleur's QB when LaFleur was OC of the Titans, so there's some familiarity there

Titans would also have to send two 1st rounders

is this a more realistic landing spot than Denver or Pittsburgh, or do none stand a chance?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 172

Hmmm

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

I mean if he wants to win now and I’m sure he does, the Titans would make more sense than Denver or Pittsburgh.

It depends on what kind of moves those other teams would be willing to make to get whatever Rodgers wants a la the Buccs with Brady. But you could argue the Buccs had enough requisite talent there already but just needed the edges rounded off so to speak. I don’t really think the Broncos or Steelers are in a spot where they’re just a good qb away. Titans are pretty loaded right now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24881

Good one, Orby. I have to admit that's not bad.

Would GBay salary cap shake out OK?

Any fire on Rodgers to San Fran? Surely the young QB can still sit for two years. Garoppolo plus picks would seem like a fair deal.

At SF, Rodgers could stay in the NFC. And stay away from some of the young AFC qbs.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Hea building home there cause hes not vaccinated

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

He's going to stay in green bay is my guess. I say this every year though.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

He's definitely a 10X better QB than Tannehill... major upgrade.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Would be nice to just be able to hand the ball to Henry and always have a defense keep you in any game.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    He's going to stay in green bay is my guess. I say this every year though.
    I doubt it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He loves drama

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

He is for the next 1-2 seasons. Beyond that, who knows at 40+.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    I mean if he wants to win now and I’m sure he does, the Titans would make more sense than Denver or Pittsburgh.

It depends on what kind of moves those other teams would be willing to make to get whatever Rodgers wants a la the Buccs with Brady. But you could argue the Buccs had enough requisite talent there already but just needed the edges rounded off so to speak. I don’t really think the Broncos or Steelers are in a spot where they’re just a good qb away. Titans are pretty loaded right now
    I'm not sure about that. All 3 of those teams(as well as a few others) would be really good with Rodgers at the helm. I'd argue that Denver and Pitt would be a great landing spot for any good QB. They both have good defense and some nice young skill players.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    apparently he's building a home in a Nashville suburb

Tannehill was LaFleur's QB when LaFleur was OC of the Titans, so there's some familiarity there

Titans would also have to send two 1st rounders

is this a more realistic landing spot than Denver or Pittsburgh, or do none stand a chance?
    He has multiple homes, it means nothing. If Rodgers left Green Bay it would be for the perfect team and a contender, not the Titans.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'm not sure about that. All 3 of those teams(as well as a few others) would be really good with Rodgers at the helm. I'd argue that Denver and Pitt would be a great landing spot for any good QB. They both have good defense and some nice young skill players.
    Pittsburgh has no offensive line and Denver plays in the toughest division in football. Neither team would be remotely appealing to Rodgers.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    He is for the next 1-2 seasons. Beyond that, who knows at 40+.
    The age difference between the 2 is roughly 5 years. I'd take Rodgers statistically and also awareness wise over Tannehill for their remaining playing careers. There's no comparison.

Tannehill straight up lost the game for Tennessee. He was trash with Miami... he's trash with Tennessee.

I'd take Rodgers in a wheelchair over Tannehill.

thomorino

The age difference between the 2 is roughly 5 years. I'd take Rodgers statistically and also awareness wise over Tannehill for their remaining playing careers. There's no comparison.

Tannehill straight up lost the game for Tennessee. He was trash with Miami... he's trash with Tennessee.

I'd take Rodgers in a wheelchair over Tannehill.
    Tannenhill has had a winning record every year he's been healthy the last several years. But your choice is a false one.

The choice isn't Rodgers or Tannenhill, its Rodgers for 1 year or Tannenhill for 4-5 years.

The Titans weren't sharp because they had a week off, that's on the coaches more than the players.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Well if it’s not Rodgers or some other qb > tannehill? Then the Titans need to draft a qb at 26, or move up to get one
    They are not winning a superbowl with tannehill

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    He has multiple homes, it means nothing. If Rodgers left Green Bay it would be for the perfect team and a contender, not the Titans.
    The Titans were a contender (#1 seed) without Rodgers, why couldn't they contend with him?

thomorino

The Titans were a contender (#1 seed) without Rodgers, why couldn't they contend with him?
    The Titans were not a contender without Rodgers, they took advantage of playing in the worst division by far in football.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

The Titans were not a contender without Rodgers, they took advantage of playing in the worst division by far in football.
    Yes they were and yes they did.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

If Rodgers is planning on playing for Ten it isn't helpful to build a house there before getting the job.

stake1

I still think the Broncos. if he plays at all

thomorino

Yes they were and yes they did.
    Nobody with a tv thinks the Titans were contenders. Tannenhill is not a super bowl quarterback.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    I still think the Broncos. if he plays at all
    Makes no sense

they r not a contender even w him

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Makes no sense

they r not a contender even w him
    Makes sense if the Hackett/Rodgers stuff is true. Denver has a solid defense, and a super-star-to-be at running back
    they need a qb. With Rodgers? They win 11 games minimum. He makes all
    their young receivers and tight ends better as well

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Nobody with a tv thinks the Titans were contenders. Tannenhill is not a super bowl quarterback.
    The betting odds said otherwise. Of course they had a chance.

thomorino

The betting odds said otherwise. Of course they had a chance.
    The betting odds don't play football, they lost by almost 20 to Kansas City the previous time those teams played. They were not contenders.

Again, no Tannenhill is a serviceable quarterback, but he will never win a super bowl.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

The betting odds don't play football, they lost by almost 20 to Kansas City the previous time those teams played. They were not contenders.

Again, no Tannenhill is a serviceable quarterback, but he will never win a super bowl.
    Ridiculous comment. Serviceable qb’s have won Super Bowls many times. To say never is completely insane. Nick Foles won a SB a few years back and he is terrible.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

I think he's estranged from many of his family members, but doesn't his parents live in Tenn? I think his brother lives in that area as well, but they are not on good terms.

I can't see his actress girlfriend wanting to be in Nashville if he had a choice.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Ridiculous comment. Serviceable qb’s have won Super Bowls many times. To say never is completely insane. Nick Foles won a SB a few years back and he is terrible.
    This is a different time and the Titans didn't have the talent the Eagles did on offense.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I think he's estranged from many of his family members, but doesn't his parents live in Tenn? I think his brother lives in that area as well, but they are not on good terms.

I can't see his actress girlfriend wanting to be in Nashville if he had a choice.
    I don't think his parents live in Tennessee, he doesn't talk to them I don't think either.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

This is a different time and the Titans didn't have the talent the Eagles did on offense.
    The titans have Brown and Henry. The eagles had Ertz and Very average players. Rodgers makes about 18 teams instant contenders. Tenn is one for sure.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

The NFL has turned into a 100% QB league now, but there will always be a mediocre QB mixed into some Super Bowls. Eli Manning? Dilfer? Flacco? Foles already mentioned. Whatever

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

I don't think his parents live in Tennessee, he doesn't talk to them I don't think either.
    Parents have always lived in Cali. Apparently there is some communication now - Arod breaking the ice...

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    The titans have Brown and Henry. The eagles had Ertz and Very average players. Rodgers makes about 18 teams instant contenders. Tenn is one for sure.
    The Eagles had an elite offensive line alshon Jeffery and others. You are clueless as always.

12 Last