mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Unfortunately it is clearly obvious that it is based on race and it certainly matters if you're black or white because if you're black you are shit out of luck.

Do you need proof? Answer me how the fukk did Freddie Kitchens get a HC gig? How about perennial loser Kilff Kingsbury? how about all the coaches sons there only because of their daddies? This is a good old boy network which usually means fukk you if you're not white. How about white coaches getting college gigs? It's worse.

How many white HCs have been fired after winning seasons???

Black - Flores, Dungy, Caldwell,

But, people should just keep their mouths shut.
    Caldwell- the single biggest disgraceful firing in NFL history. Lions liked the guy and they played for him. He is also the winningest coach in Lions history in Super Bowl Era. What a joke. Lions entire franchise imploded even more with him gone. Dungy a close second though. Flores will land and he should.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    That was bill cowher lol
    That was Mike Tomlin.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22628

Unfortunately it is clearly obvious that it is based on race and it certainly matters if you're black or white because if you're black you are shit out of luck.

Do you need proof? Answer me how the fukk did Freddie Kitchens get a HC gig? How about perennial loser Kilff Kingsbury? how about all the coaches sons there only because of their daddies? This is a good old boy network which usually means fukk you if you're not white. How about white coaches getting college gigs? It's worse.

How many white HCs have been fired after winning seasons???

Black - Flores, Dungy, Caldwell,

But, people should just keep their mouths shut.
    The really racist league is the NBA, they won't let any white boyz play.
    Some say that the blacks are better basketball players and the whites make better NFL coaches.
    I say you pick who is best for the job because if you win you make tons of money and money is green!

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

mike tomlin is an overpaid janitor

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1052

The race issue is always time based. It might be days, weeks, months. You cater to the complainers, they calm down, then back to business as usual. Been going on forever.

In this case it's about #s, and will last into next season or until more black coaches. They will increase the # of black head coaches, the outrage posse will get satusfaction, and it's back to business.

Like i said been going on for decades.

As for Tomlin, seems like he did a good job but who knows. He's had roth the whole time. Every coach gets fured or leaves eventually.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    The really racist league is the NBA, they won't let any white boyz play.
    Some say that the blacks are better basketball players and the whites make better NFL coaches.
    I say you pick who is best for the job because if you win you make tons of money and money is green!
    Huh? There's a lot of white basketball players. Do you watch the NBA? The best players play. It is not rocket science. Unlike coaching where it is ALL subjective based on some rich white dude owner.

Nikola Jokic is the league MVP right now. Kevin Love is the 6th man of the league. I can name you 50 of them right now.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    mike tomlin is an overpaid janitor
    He certainly has had to work with a lot of garbage. Have you looked at the Pitt roster? He's been making chicken sandwiches out of chicken shit.

budwiser

Polticians do the same thing.

Someone gets outraged, they get behind the outrage like they never had anything to do with it, they get voted in and then it doesn't matter.

I can't believe how stupid people are, always falling for this cr ap. Lies and promises, all the time, to get ca$h and power.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

That was bill cowher lol
    No it wasn't he did it vs Jacoby Jones on the ravens LOL

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don’t get this stuff either. I said I didn’t agree with Flores or culley getting fired. I thought all the other firings this off-season were legit aside from them. However, you can’t tell people who to hire. Let them hire who they want. No one cares that there is only 1 white running back. It’s not a slap in the face that there’s only one black head coach when every player is black in the league basically. There are a ton of assistants that are black everywhere. Now, Flores is likely to be hired so there should be 2 blacks again. Bien enemy and leftwich don’t have jobs because they have a ton of toys to play with and are running Andy Reid and Bruce arians offenses. Of course owners would be skeptical of how they would do in a different situation.
    It's hard being a head coach.... black or white. I think the LA Chargers HC is trash... and he's white. Not too happy about the Cincinnati HC either... we'll see what happens VS Tennessee. 1st year HC or not... I don't even know how they were hired??? People doing reacharounds during the interview?? You scratch my back... I'll scratch your back?? I don't even know how they even got their foot in the door?

For Dungy to say "Some teams... MUST have a black HC" that's a ridiculous statement. That's like saying... if you're a handicap.... you must have a HC in a wheelchair. lol

I don't exactly know why Flores was fired? He clearly coached.. "above the bar" in today's standards. But again.... in someone's eyes... it wasn't good enough. That's the end of the story. Maybe they knew he'd never be "Super Bowl" material?

budwiser

Always amazed me when there would be this huge outrage, someone would get killed or hurt. Like a George Floyd or something.

And then, the savior comes in. Whether it be Jackson or Sharpton, or Crump. Or Jay-Z for the NFL. The unquestioned savior, who mutes everyone who actually had a stake in it-like the victims, and becomes the 100% voice for them. And in the end, it's Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Benjamin Crump, put-the-name-here, that calms down everything, wins the day (hey someone got killed-what?), someone takes the fall for it, then it's nothing to see here, carry on.

Been going on for DECADES

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Caldwell- the single biggest disgraceful firing in NFL history. Lions liked the guy and they played for him. He is also the winningest coach in Lions history in Super Bowl Era. What a joke. Lions entire franchise imploded even more with him gone. Dungy a close second though. Flores will land and he should.
    I loved Caldwell's coaching style. It was perfect for the Lions squad. You were always "in the game" and 1-2 drives away from winning the game. I thought he fit Detroit's "blue collar" mentality... this is why I believe the Ford Family wants to lose. There's not one person even close to Caldwell's success.

budwiser

My guess is the formula here will be to focus the blame on SOMEONE or SOMETHING.

Then the outrage mob will be able to file all their hatred towards this.

They will cancel out this person or thing.

And everyone is happy and life carries on. Before the next outrage.

And then, do it all over again.

budwiser

Flores was fired because the owner's box is another story.

It's like I said before, it's about credit not performance. If it was about performance, Flores would not have gotten fired.

If he does stick around, he's harder to fire than ever, because he's a minority. Try to fire Tomlin, at this time. You can't. He's the only black head coach.

These owners are billionaires in charge of organizations, with a need to make instant decisions on serious matters. They want someone who will make them look good. IF someone says hey you're wrong we should do this (let's say Flores said that and he's right), it doesn't matter-they're in the crosshairs-let's get back to easy business, yachts and mansions.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I loved Caldwell's coaching style. It was perfect for the Lions squad. You were always "in the game" and 1-2 drives away from winning the game. I thought he fit Detroit's "blue collar" mentality... this is why I believe the Ford Family wants to lose. There's not one person even close to Caldwell's success.
    So....why didn't they hire the guy back.

Good question, right?

Because they look dumb firing him in the first place. It's about OPTICS in the brass suite.

Best to hire a coach like Campbell that has a good year-you look like you're an A+ outstanding person for making that hire.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

Tomlin is a cheerleader

great cheerleader guy

mjsuax13

Totally agree. I see you are a Lions fan like myself. Haven’t lived in the are for 20 years but still a fan. Tough to watch.

Caldwell was the best we have had in my lifetime and it’s not close. I thought he fit the city and team as well. My friends used to get so frustrated with him because he was even keeled. I poke fun at them now because his steady calmness is what the city and organization needed. Patricia total failure and I like Campbell but don’t think he will get it done. I’m glad people finally stopped going to the games.

Mac4Lyfe

For Dungy to say "Some teams... MUST have a black HC" that's a ridiculous statement. That's like saying... if you're a handicap.... you must have a HC in a wheelchair. lol

I don't exactly know why Flores was fired? He clearly coached.. "above the bar" in today's standards. But again.... in someone's eyes... it wasn't good enough. That's the end of the story. Maybe they knew he'd never be "Super Bowl" material?
    Why do you think we have to have handicap parking, stickers, etc.? Because if we don't, reckless, careless, selfish pricks would roll all over the handicap. You have to have rules to keep pricks in line.

You just said in SOMEONE's eyes Flores wasn't good enough. Those eyes? Baby blue, white skinned.

Mike Huntertz

Huh? There's a lot of white basketball players. Do you watch the NBA? The best players play. It is not rocket science. Unlike coaching where it is ALL subjective based on some rich white dude owner.

Nikola Jokic is the league MVP right now. Kevin Love is the 6th man of the league. I can name you 50 of them right now.
    So the rich white owners play the best players and hire the worst coaches as long as they are white?
    Not a very good business model. They must have very little desire to win. It makes you wonder how they got rich?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pitt going with Mason next year qb

Lol.

5-12

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    No it wasn't he did it vs Jacoby Jones on the ravens LOL
    They both did it actually lol. I forgot about tomlin. Cowher on MNF against Jacksonville after they blocked the field goal when time ran out and they ran it back

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pitt going with Mason next year qb

Lol.

5-12
    They won’t. They brought back a 39 year old zombie this season because he was better and they didn’t want to eat a year of his contract.

budwiser

So the rich white owners play the best players and hire the worst coaches as long as they are white?
    Not a very good business model. They must have very little desire to win. It makes you wonder how they got rich?
    last i checked most people that go to the nfl games are white. no black coach is gonna add more fans in the seats.

most care more about filling up the stands and making ca$h, and getting credit and getting their /ss kissed, than winning the super bowl

if you had catered service, mansions, yachts...4 businesses to run...sometimes girlfriends to impress..do you really care about minority advancement in the NFL. Come on.

budwiser

They won’t. They brought back a 39 year old zombie this season because he was better and they didn’t want to eat a year of his contract.
    can you imagine they draft nobody and mason gets hurt, and they got with haskins.

steelers have to draft a qb and i expect they will.

budwiser

so then the question is...why does it not happen in the nfl, but it happens in politics.

catering to minorities happens in politics for one simple reason. to get votes.

people can be incredibly naive and can't see even the most basic things.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Yeah pretty much.

Flores fired because Miami a bad organization with unrealistic expectations. Houston a complete trainwreck, even worse.

Something else no one talks about. The league got blacker over the last 20-30 years. Lot of white guys still playing in the 80s. It’s not unrealistic to think that 20 years from now head coaches are at least 50/50. Like I said earlier, black coaches every where as assistants.

budwiser

the nfl has sock rules, uniform rules, everyone knows you get fined.

after kaepernick started the whole race issue, players from every team were kneeling.

and then...fans stopped showing up to games.

after that, all the players, black players included, stopped kneeling.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    can you imagine they draft nobody and mason gets hurt, and they got with haskins.

steelers have to draft a qb and i expect they will.
    They will either draft a qb right away or more likely wait a year and sign a stopgap like Winston or something like that.

I expect them to draft a qb next year when the field is a little better.

Rudolph is not going to be the starter unless they do draft someone and he’s just the placeholder.

Roethlisberger got about 14-15 million this year. He took a 5 million pay cut actually. Some of that will be spent on a short term replacement more than likely.

budwiser

They will either draft a qb right away or more likely wait a year and sign a stopgap like Winston or something like that.
    I expect them to draft a qb next year when the field is a little better.
    Rudolph is not going to be the starter unless they do draft someone and he’s just the placeholder.
    Roethlisberger got about 14-15 million this year. He took a 5 million pay cut actually. Some of that will be spent on a short term replacement more than likely.
    pickett willis corrall supposedly the first round qbs next years. if they picked up haskins, i can see them going for willis.

but, who knows. certainly when i comes to the draft, i don't.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    pickett willis corrall supposedly the first round qbs next years. if they picked up haskins, i can see them going for willis.

but, who knows. certainly when i comes to the draft, i don't.
    Yeah Willis is an intriguing guy to me. Pickett practices at the same facility as the Steelers, so they should know a ton about him. I think Steelers are going 20th in the first round from what I heard. It’s really hard to judge the QBs until the combine. Zach Wilson came from almost nowhere to go 2nd last year. Overall this is seen to be a bad year for QBs. I think they are all projected mid first round right now, but you know at least one or 2 of them will go top ten.

budwiser

Yeah Willis is an intriguing guy to me. Pickett practices at the same facility as the Steelers, so they should know a ton about him. I think Steelers are going 20th in the first round from what I heard. It’s really hard to judge the QBs until the combine. Zach Wilson came from almost nowhere to go 2nd last year. Overall this is seen to be a bad year for QBs. I think they are all projected mid first round right now, but you know at least one or 2 of them will go top ten.
    well you can look at it the other way.

last year these teams were jumping to get qbs early. how did that turn out?

the best pickups were not qbs, unless you want to count mac jones-who the patriots waited for.

so i doubt they'll be jumping the gun on this one to get a qb.
    but, you never know, because it's in a lot of these guys' dna i suppose to get a qb, they've seen it work before last year.

mjsuax13

The real question on everybody’s mind:

How the fukkk does Kingsbury have a job? That guy is a joke. The Fraudinals need a real NFL coach. Kingsbury spends most his time trying to penetrate Scottsdale tramps. That’s why they looked so unprepared.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

It's not a very good business model but most of these guys can be totally dumb as owner and still make money because they have a monopoly on the most popular sport in the US. Have you seen what some of these owners have done through the years. Guys like Jerry Jones don't really want a great coach. He just wants one he can control. Have you seen dumb owners like Detroit, Jax, Atlanta? Not to mention in other sports like Hockey, baseball and the NBA. Go look up the Ted Stepien rule in the NBA. They had to create a rule because he was such a fukkked up owner.

Mike Huntertz

It's not a very good business model but most of these guys can be totally dumb as owner and still make money because they have a monopoly on the most popular sport in the US. Have you seen what some of these owners have done through the years. Guys like Jerry Jones don't really want a great coach. He just wants one he can control. Have you seen dumb owners like Detroit, Jax, Atlanta? Not to mention in other sports like Hockey, baseball and the NBA. Go look up the Ted Stepien rule in the NBA. They had to create a rule because he was such a fukkked up owner.
    All 32 owners (except Pitt) subscribe to this??? I find that hard to believe? Not one owner would hire a colored coach even though according to you they are great and just being black balled?
    Seems like fiction to me.

budwiser

So.....let's take a look at Jax. Why did Khan fire Urban Meyer? Optics. Did he want to fire him? Doesn't matter. Optics.

The guy runs a Premier League soccer team, a business with 25k employees, and a wrestling company.

You think he has time to deal with the Urban Meyer situation?

So he goes out and says he's outraged in a statement. And why? Optics. He gets behind the outrage, not in front of it. Because if he doesn't do that, if he looks like the bad guy, it's not just about football. It's about his business, his wrestling company, soccer team...and ultimately him, his yachts, his mansions, his girls, his family name.

And of course he says it's for "cause" to save millions, as a billionaire should.

That's the way you gotta look at it.

First 123 Last