hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    I’m in disbelief that it actually won. It won because of a holding flag Arizona was about to tie it up and make the under lose then the refs killed a drive with a holding flag. For once the refs bull shit holding call goes in my favor.
    Glad to see you won retard! A lesson to never give up on a game until its officially over. We've all seen stranger things happen. That's a nice hit!

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2146

I’m still waiting for EGrecu to make a thread about the game being the worst Bad Beat of the century. 😂😂😂
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Pretty bad if you had them over 3.5, especially since the backup who is actually a competent qb got hurt

I had Texas tech years back against Michigan state and they could have knelt but scored a meaningless td to screw me in a bowl

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    QB for Pitt was out
    Known for past 1 week
    Anyone betting Pitt just dumbass
    The backup is good and would have cruised. They barely beat a 3rd string qb Did ypu not see patti injured..... Pitt was always the play. Msu worst pass d in nation

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Pitt was actually fortunate to have such a good backup in this day and age. Not like they are some blue blood. Then he gets hurt right away. That’s Pitt in a nutshell.

The loss ensured that they have lost at least 3 games every season of my life (1982 onward). Realistically that was about the apex they can reach. The expansion of playoffs would be good for a team like them for sure. They can get some good players but never have enough depth to run the table.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    I’m still waiting for EGrecu to make a thread about the game being the worst Bad Beat of the century. 
    Spot on funny shit

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Pitt didn't have Whipple calling the plays either, he likely would have done that. Plus, Tucker was bypassing all field goals after the kid missed one in the second quarter, which I didn't understand why he was doing that.

MSU had 4th and goal from the 12 with 7 minutes left, the first of a few chances Pitt had to end that game, and of course they convert for the TD.

Then on the next series, Pitt gets a bad spot on 2nd down and is left 1 yard short. Instead of a QB sneak, they try and get cute and run a pitch option for 3-yard loss, putting their tired defense right back on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    It truly is. They were already well in FG range with a TO and plenty of time on the clock. A smart/good coach in that same situation does the following:
    1) Run a screen pass
    2) Run a draw play

Probably the draw play would be my first play but if MSU was still blitzing plenty than screen pass for sure. However, please, allow me to digress; I'm no coach right? I just tell these coaches what to do. If they do it they win, if they piss my ideas into the wind - they lose. In this case, that was a horrible decision to allow a 3rd stringer QB to throw a pick when you have a legit FG chance waiting.

No, sorry, this is NOT 20/20 hindsight either.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2146

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Pitt didn't have Whipple calling the plays either, he likely would have done that. Plus, Tucker was bypassing all field goals after the kid missed one in the second quarter, which I didn't understand why he was doing that.

MSU had 4th and goal from the 12 with 7 minutes left, the first of a few chances Pitt had to end that game, and of course they convert for the TD.

Then on the next series, Pitt gets a bad spot on 2nd down and is left 1 yard short. Instead of a QB sneak, they try and get cute and run a pitch option for 3-yard loss, putting their tired defense right back on the field.
    Yup!

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

All it would have took for Pitt to cover the spread was the kid running down the MSU sideline where coaches were screaming at him to go down and take his moment away. Instead he ran down the Pitt sideline.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

That was one of the craziest bowl games. Svp special

First 12