lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Fact checkers

Interesting term that has become common these days. It's basically the new way of saying "anonymous sources". We never get told who these "fact checkers"are. You can be sure they are definitely left leaning. Sad state we are in.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

What if SBR started using fact checkers? Which posters would do the job?

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14512

We need a “Fact checker” for Thermaflu’s record.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32465

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    We need a “Fact checker” for Thermaflu’s record.
    No we don't.
    The community does a good job of it daily.

Fact checker is just a fancy term for editor.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Laker your too political

Get back to betting

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

a bunch of 22-year old diaper wearing losers with degrees in basket weaving who are now certified fact checkers.
    Points Awarded:

coop-dog gave DwightShrute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: coop-dog

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14793

You make it sound like the fact checking is a bad thing and the right doesn’t bother to ever check facts.
    I think you may be half right

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    You make it sound like the fact checking is a bad thing and the right doesn’t bother to ever check facts.
    I think you may be half right
    Big tech companies like Fakebook, Twitter, Google and YouTube are the most powerful companies in the history of the world. They are so big that they can control the narrative. They decide what facts you are allowed to see. They are run by Liberals who shadow ban, delete and suppress speech almost exclusively from conservatives. This isn't even debatable. You can pretend otherwise but something that's true doesn't require your belief.

When fact-checking is based on political ideology, then it really isn't fact-checking is it?

Big Tech is the biggest disinformation machine in the world. Many people are stupid because of big tech.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Fact Checkers are Liberals who are appointed to rebut anything that their handlers don't like.

I see shit on Facebook being "fact-checked" all of the time when it aids a certain side, while other times complete lies are left to be freely spread around.

Be consistent is all that I ask.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25678

I don't need fact checkers.
    I get all my facts from dwights parler memes.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Big tech companies like Fakebook, Twitter, Google and YouTube are the most powerful companies in the history of the world. They are run by Liberals who shadow ban, delete and suppress speech almost exclusively from conservatives. This isn't even debatable. You can pretend otherwise but something that's true doesn't require your belief.

When fact-checking is based on political ideology, then it really isn't fact-checking is it?

Big Tech is the biggest disinformation machine in the world. Many people are stupid because of big tech.
    I'm an IT analyst by trade.
    It's disturbing what goes on, and I know first hand.

Not just Big Tech, they all do it.
    The climate change lobby is notorious for cherry picking data that fits their agenda, ignore the data that doesn't assist their cause, and try to pass it off as 'expert analysis'
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

50% of Liberals believe that in 2019, Cops killed 1000 unarmed black men and 8% thought it was 10,000! The real number is 8.

This is the result you get with Liberal fact-checkers.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Big tech companies like Fakebook, Twitter, Google and YouTube are the most powerful companies in the history of the world. They are so big that they can control the narrative. They decide what facts you are allowed to see. They are run by Liberals who shadow ban, delete and suppress speech almost exclusively from conservatives. This isn't even debatable. You can pretend otherwise but something that's true doesn't require your belief.

If you are right wouldn’t this be reflected in election results as we progressively go from election to election and these liberal companies get bigger and bigger? Republicans won the last election by a small margin Democrats this time by a small margin. Every election it’s virtually 51/49
    by your rationale, as these democrat companies get bigger….democrats should be dominating the political domain by larger & larger margins.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

50% of Liberals believe that in 2019, Cops killed 1000 unarmed black men and 8% thought it was 10,000! The real number is 8.

Perhaps this is why we need fact checkers
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/5322455002/

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Perhaps this is why we need fact checkers
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/5322455002/
    That fact check report needs fact checked. It's leaving out crucial information like statistics.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5457

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Interesting term that has become common these days. It's basically the new way of saying "anonymous sources". We never get told who these "fact checkers"are. You can be sure they are definitely left leaning. Sad state we are in.
    Laker boy speaking facts!

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    This is like Morino telling you “good pick”

DwightShrute

If you are right wouldn’t this be reflected in election results as we progressively go from election to election and these liberal companies get bigger and bigger? Republicans won the last election by a small margin Democrats this time by a small margin. Every election it’s virtually 51/49
    by your rationale, as these democrat companies get bigger….democrats should be dominating the political domain by larger & larger margins.
    I am right.

Democrats have the WH, the House and the Senate and they did it with a guy who hid in his basement for months and when he did appear in daylight, only a handful of people bothered to hear him speak. He mumbled incoherently. He had no message. His lied repeatedly in the debates.

Big tech allowed the lie about the phone call Trump made to a GA elections official asking him to find vote. Its was made up. Wapo were forced to retract the story but not before senators used that lie in their sham impeachment.

Google admitted they wouldn't let this happen again after Trump won in 2016.

There are so many more example I could name but this video says a ton.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Cops kill more unarmed whites annually in usa despite that blacks commit more violent crimes annually. Thats how dumb liberals are on that topic. Blacks should be getting killed more but they arent, whites are. Why doesnt antifa riot loot and burn every time the cops kill a white person? If they did then theyd be rioting everyday. Instead they only do it in the much more rare instance of a cop killing a black person.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 980

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    What if SBR started using fact checkers? Which posters would do the job?
    HA! Everyone on SBR only states facts. Check out the political sub forum. All facts on both sides.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Always. Top poster on this site. Knowledge across a wide array of topics.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Cops kill more unarmed whites annually in usa despite that blacks commit more violent crimes annually. Thats how dumb liberals are on that topic. Blacks should be getting killed more but they arent, whites are. Why doesnt antifa riot loot and burn every time the cops kill a white person? If they did then theyd be rioting everyday. Instead they only do it in the much more rare instance of a cop killing a black person.
    also, more Whites are killed by Black cops every year.

The media are disgusting and no shock they are ranked 46th out of 46 counties in media trust. Does this bother Liberal? Nope. Many know its a lie but just like the fake news, they repeat it anyways because they know if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    That fact check report needs fact checked. It's leaving out crucial information like statistics.
    There's a particular forum idiot here (who shall remain nameless) who had the audacity to argue with me for two hours one evening that Aaron Jones was the elite, premier running back in the NFL based solely on the fact Jones led the league in one category (average yards per rush attempt) and that was by .2 of one percent.

Neglecting the fact that he's not a good pass receiver out of the backfield, a mediocre pass blocker (for a RB) and is not even a three down running back, he only plays like 60 percent of all of Green Bay's offensive snaps (making him in reality a two and a half down running back) because of his lack of receiving skills. (in all fairness, they are decent at best)

But based only on average yards per rush this Simpleton claims he's the best RB. Period, end of discussion.

I'm like "Dude, do you even know what an analyst does, do you even know what the word "analytics" means? Simply put analytics is the collection of all data and facts to form an educated conclusion."

You can't pick and choose some of the facts.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 980

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    There's a particular forum idiot here (who shall remain nameless) who had the audacity to argue with me for two hours one evening that Aaron Jones was the elite, premier running back in the NFL based solely on the fact Jones led the league in one category (average yards per rush attempt) and that was by .2 of one percent.

Neglecting the fact that he's not a good pass receiver out of the backfield, a mediocre pass blocker (for a RB) and is not even a three down running back, he only plays like 60 percent of all of Green Bay's offensive snaps (making him in reality a two and a half down running back) because of his lack of receiving skills. (in all fairness, they are decent at best)

But based only on average yards per rush this Simpleton claims he's the best RB. Period, end of discussion.

I'm like "Dude, do you even know what an analyst does, do you even know what the word "analytics" means? Simply put analytics is the collection of all data and facts to form an educated conclusion."

You can't pick and choose some of the facts.
    Dumb shit.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Dumb shit.
    But I'm strong across the board.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21761

The Right has a War on Facts. They hate them. Gets in the way of their fantasies.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24976

If you don't like facts, there's always....

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The Right has a War on Facts. They hate them. Gets in the way of their fantasies.
    The dishonest Left: Whatever they are accusing you of doing, they are doing themselves

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yes like governor Cuomo right? The left was drooling over this idiot until the "facts" showed up.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Laker your too political

Get back to betting
    You told me to stay away from baseball.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

SBR cracks me up. Yeah only the left manipulates facts. The right is so clean and does absolutely nothing wrong. You guys are delusional fukks

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    SBR cracks me up. Yeah only the left manipulates facts. The right is so clean and does absolutely nothing wrong. You guys are delusional fukks
    I never heard anyone insinuate that.

The right didn't lie everyday for over 2 years claiming Trump colluded with Russia while being caught with a hidden camera admitting the whole thing was a nothing burger. CNN did that. In other words, they knew they were lying but the pretended they weren't.

Sure, the right gets it wrong sometimes and not everything the Left gets wrong is intentional. People make mistakes but its not even close comparing them. The Left media has the dumbest most dishonest people working for them and they are 95% on the MSM. Brian Williams is still employed. Chuck Todd? Ever hear him speak? Brian Stelter????? Fredo? Don Lemon. Joy Reid. Anderson Cooper! The Morning Joe and his idiot wife? Jim Acosta! LOL. The entire cast of The View! Steven Colbert? vitterd. dante0. Thor. scorpion. Mac4lyfe. khicks. Pavyracer. Greget. chico. hockeyrocks. B O A 12.

Liberals continue to claw at at their faces wearing their pink hats and screaming at the sky.

Last edited by DwightShrute; 08-10-21 at 04:26 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Fact checkers are always notoriously called liberals. That s because a fuking idiot can’t handle the truth or facts so they will call the fact checker a liberal to sooth the mental retardation they carry with them.

stevenash

Both sides do it 100 times a day.
    Left with the climate control facts.
    Right win the gun control facts.
    And on, and on, and on.....

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

A judge threw out a case against Tucker Carlson because he said only a complete jackass would believe him. Trumps very own lawyer said no reasonable person should believe the lies she was spouting. The people ho believe them are the same people who will call a fact checker a liberal when their facts like usual,were only fiction

12 Last