lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    This one is going seven games, don't worry about what the public is doing... There's a lot of things to handicap, that's just one slice of the pie.

Lakerboy got his binoculars out and gonna be watching line moves like a hawk because that's what he does, but he's pressing his luck here.
    You gonna get+2 on the clippers?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Absolutely frustrating so many are back on the clippers. The recency bias is a death curse. This is why big market teams never make these 3-1 comebacks in the nba. People see one win and they throw it all out the window and go back to backing them. It’s always trash teams that no one can get behind that make these type of comebacks. Nuggets vs clippers. Houston vs clippers. I think Orlando did it too.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave goduke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I have no idea what happened in the first 5 games except the final scores . I don't like "they should have lost or won" . Those are excuses that Morino makes. You should stop doing that. We make bets and live with the final result.
    I'm just using past games to assess the matchups in the series. When the Suns went up 3-1, everyone just assumed the Suns were badly outplaying Clippers, which was not the case. I cleaned up on taking Clippers alternate lines in game 5. I watched the games and saw that this was a dead even series, with a slight edge to the clippers. I'm using that same analysis going into this game. I believe this is a 7 game series. I could be wrong, but it's just the way I see it.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Absolutely frustrating so many are back on the clippers. The recency bias is a death curse. This is why big market teams never make these 3-1 comebacks in the nba. People see one win and they throw it all out the window and go back to backing them. It’s always trash teams that no one can get behind that make these type of comebacks. Nuggets vs clippers. Houston vs clippers. I think Orlando did it too.
    There's no such thing as curses. Gamblers don't dictate games, Vegas doesn't dictate games. They both make educated guesses. The only people who dictate games are the guys who are shooting the ball. The ball either goes in the hoop, or it doesn't. Nothing you or me or anyone in Vegas says can control that.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    There's no such thing as curses. Gamblers don't dictate games, Vegas doesn't dictate games. They both make educated guesses. The only people who dictate games are the guys who are shooting the ball. The ball either goes in the hoop, or it doesn't. Nothing you or me or anyone in Vegas says can control that.
    Sacramento kings vs Los Angeles lakers

Goat Milk

Sacramento kings vs Los Angeles lakers
    That was 20 years ago, and is an isolated incident. Like I said, in a day and age where everthing is a jump shot, the ball either goes in the hoop, or it doesn't. And that's the team who wins. Even if there is ref bias involved, like we saw in game 4 I think it was. Even if there's that, you can overcome that by making a 3 point shot. You felt robbed in game 4, right? You lost 8k. That hurts. The refs seemed slightly biased, in my opinion too. But the clippers were like 2-15 or whatever to end the game. If they make 2 more of those jumpers, they win the game, ref bias or no bias. That's all I'm saying.

Make your shots.

goduke

Anything involving a ton of money breeds corruption. Sports aren’t some holy untouched sanctuary that can’t be corrupted. It’s naive to think so

goduke

That was 20 years ago, and is an isolated incident. Like I said, in a day and age where everthing is a jump shot, the ball either goes in the hoop, or it doesn't. And that's the team who wins. Even if there is ref bias involved, like we saw in game 4 I think it was. Even if there's that, you can overcome that by making a 3 point shot. You felt robbed in game 4, right? You lost 8k. That hurts. The refs seemed slightly biased, in my opinion too. But the clippers were like 2-15 or whatever to end the game. If they make 2 more of those jumpers, they win the game, ref bias or no bias. That's all I'm saying.

Make your shots.
    But we are talking about the best of the best where a fraction of an ability puts someone over the top and the other person to get cut. No one is going to shoot 100 percent but if teams and talent are so close together it doesn’t take much to tip the scale by adding in ref bias or an agenda

lakerboy

Who are the refs tonight?

You see I don't check that stuff.

Goat Milk

Anything involving a ton of money breeds corruption. Sports aren’t some holy untouched sanctuary that can’t be corrupted. It’s naive to think so
    There is no remote control that Vegas has that says "We're going to let this 3 point shot hit off the rim and miss." There's no magnet in the basketball. Either a play makes a shot, or misses a shot. All the big shots we've seen throughout history, does Vegas set those up? Did they call it in and say "We're going to let Ray Allen make this 3 point shot." The championship trophy was being carted out for the spurs. There are numerous instances just like that shot.

The Clippers lost game 4 because they made 2 field goals or whatever it was in the 4th quarter and shot like 15% from the field. Make a shot bro.

Every man is responsible for their own destiny.

If Lebron James never sprints back on defense to block that Iguadala layup, the Warriors win the championship and Lebron's legacy is changed forever.

But he did run back.

goduke

Make your shots.
    If both teams hit 50 percent and are tied throughout the game but then in the last two minutes 2 to 3 calls are egregious in favor of one team. Is your excuse going to be well team B should have shot 60%? You can do that all day long with anything in life. Does that cancel out corruption? No it makes excuses for it and allows it to happen

Goat Milk

But we are talking about the best of the best where a fraction of an ability puts someone over the top and the other person to get cut. No one is going to shoot 100 percent but if teams and talent are so close together it doesn’t take much to tip the scale by adding in ref bias or an agenda
    I don't disagree with that. But it's part of human error involved in sports. It happens everyday. The way you can overcome this? Control your own destiny. Put the ball inside the basket. It's very simple.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

It's frustrating if you let it.

Embrace it instead and exploit the fact that some teams, doesn't matter the sport, just need to look good once or twice on national TV to rally the troops.

The Clippers aren't really one of those teams, traditionally, but obviously there aren't a lot of options left in the NBA so what you're saying still works.

It seems like trash teams because before the recency bias, there had to be an unsuccessful period, as opposed to a steady level of success that would have already rallied the fan base.

I hope that makes sense.

goduke

There is no remote control that Vegas has that says "We're going to let this 3 point shot hit off the rim and miss." There's no magnet in the basketball. Either a play makes a shot, or misses a shot. All the big shots we've seen throughout history, does Vegas set those up? Did they call it in and say "We're going to let Ray Allen make this 3 point shot." The championship trophy was being carted out for the spurs. There are numerous instances just like that shot.

The Clippers lost game 4 because they made 2 field goals or whatever it was in the 4th quarter and shot like 15% from the field. Make a shot bro.

Every man is responsible for their own destiny.

If Lebron James never sprints back on defense to block that Iguadala layup, the Warriors win the championship and Lebron's legacy is changed forever.

But he did run back.
    How can you say that about Lebron. It would have made it 91-89 golden state with 1:51 to go. Then Irving hit a 3. So that is untrue.
    The Ray Allen example is a better example but even with corruption it’s not absolute. Plenty of things can go wrong.
    We aren’t going to see eye to eye on this and I’ll tell you this if the clippers come back and win this series with literally everything against them your statements will make me believe a little more than I do now. But I’ve seen enough this series to see that clippers are playing against the suns and other factors and unfortunately with talents so close it’s just too much to overcome no matter what kind of men they are.

lakerboy

No need to discuss much here. The clippers might hang for a bit but they will not have enough.

Goat Milk

How can you say that about Lebron. It would have made it 91-89 golden state with 1:51 to go. Then Irving hit a 3. So that is untrue.
    The Ray Allen example is a better example but even with corruption it’s not absolute. Plenty of things can go wrong.
    We aren’t going to see eye to eye on this and I’ll tell you this if the clippers come back and win this series with literally everything against them your statements will make me believe a little more than I do now. But I’ve seen enough this series to see that clippers are playing against the suns and other factors and unfortunately with talents so close it’s just too much to overcome no matter what kind of men they are.
    You have a ton of money on this series so you're emotional. I can say to a certainty that if James didn't run back there, they are done, because that block changed everything in the game, not on a point basis, but just the mentality of the players. After that miss, there was a lid on the rim for the Warriors. I belieive they made 0 field goals for the rest of the game. They were deflated, stopped running their offense.

I can give you 100 examples just like the Ray Allen example. Not exactly the same but very similar. There are so many examples of a star player just going on a scoring tear with 2-3 minutes to go in the playoffs, just hitting jumper after jumper. Kobe did it so many times. And there's nothing you can do there.

How many huge shots did Robert Horry hit in his career that literally saved the season for the Rockets and Spurs and Lakers? A ton. Buzzer beaters even.

Game 7 between the pistons and spurs came down to one made big shot, and one key steal.

If Vegas wanted to control the outcome, they would never allow it to come down to random chance on a 25 foot shot that hangs in the air for 2 seconds.

Jordan's shots against Malone and Utah in those years. That's just what it comes down to. A player taking control of their own destiny, and saying "f the refs, f the coach, f the fans, I'm going to make this shot, and I'm going to win this game."

Was Kawhi's shot that bounced on the rim 5 times before going in in game 7 at the buzzer against Philly rigged? A magnet on the rim? What happens if Leonard misses that shot and Philly wins? Then all of history is rewritten. Did Vegas aleady know what the history was prior to it being written?

No.

goduke

You have a ton of money on this series so you're emotional. I can say to a certainty that if James didn't run back there, they are done, because that block changed everything in the game, not on a point basis, but just the mentality of the players. After that miss, there was a lid on the rim for the Warriors. I belieive they made 0 field goals for the rest of the game. They were deflated, stopped running their offense.

I can give you 100 examples just like the Ray Allen example. Not exactly the same but very similar. There are so many examples of a star player just going on a scoring tear with 2-3 minutes to go in the playoffs, just hitting jumper after jumper. Kobe did it so many times. And there's nothing you can do there.

How many huge shots did Robert Horry hit in his career that literally saved the season for the Rockets and Spurs and Lakers? A ton. Buzzer beaters even.

Game 7 between the pistons and spurs came down to one made big shot, and one key steal.

If Vegas wanted to control the outcome, they would never allow it to come down to random chance on a 25 foot shot that hangs in the air for 2 seconds.

Jordan's shots against Malone and Utah in those years. That's just what it comes down to. A player taking control of their own destiny, and saying "f the refs, f the coach, f the fans, I'm going to make this shot, and I'm going to win this game."

Was Kawhi's shot that bounced on the rim 5 times before going in in game 7 at the buzzer against Philly rigged? A magnet on the rim? What happens if Leonard misses that shot and Philly wins? Then all of history is rewritten. Did Vegas aleady know what the history was prior to it being written?

No.
    Leonard’s shot was in a tie game. Could have been the same outcome in overtime. And for the most part Jordan years are different because I don’t think betting was as gigantic as it is now. But I can look into some of your other examples and see if they work. The Leonard one just doesn’t work in my opinion

goduke

No.
    And you can’t say with certainty that lebrons block won the game. That’s ignoring everything by saying that. Did it change momentum? Yes but Irving hit the three on the next shot that may have had the same effect

Goat Milk

Leonard’s shot was in a tie game. Could have been the same outcome in overtime. And for the most part Jordan years are different because I don’t think betting was as gigantic as it is now. But I can look into some of your other examples and see if they work. The Leonard one just doesn’t work in my opinion
    Too many things left unexplained if you want to argue that games are fixed. Kobe was losing by DD in game 3 and I think game 5 as well vs. Denver in the Chauncey years. In game 3, I clearly remember Bryant hitting a massive shot with 1 minute left in the game to take Lakers up by 1, they were down 2. That was basically a fadeaway 3 with the shot clock winding down. If he misses that shot, there's a good chance Lakers lose that game. So I just don't understand how you can rig things like that.

If the networks are in on it too, then why do teams get swept? Why did the Lakers lose 4-1 to the pistons, when every knows that a 7 game series generates more money for the league and more money for Vegas? Because they had massive locker room issues, and they got blown out every game.

Did refs have any stake in game 7 with the Nets and Bucks? NBA doesn't want the Bucks to advance if you want to go by ratings. They want Durant. They want Irving to get back healthy again for the finals. They do not want the small market teams like ATL and Mlkwakee. So why are they here?

Because they won fair and square, they made the shots when they needed to.

I got into this same argument months ago with someone on this site, and they said "Oh, NBA will never allow small market teams to make it to the finals." Well that's exactly what's about to happen.

There is no magnet in the ball. There is no magnet on the rim.

Good luck tonight.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Yes.

scorpion896
    scorpion896's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2352

Too many things left unexplained if you want to argue that games are fixed. Kobe was losing by DD in game 3 and I think game 5 as well vs. Denver in the Chauncey years. In game 3, I clearly remember Bryant hitting a massive shot with 1 minute left in the game to take Lakers up by 1, they were down 2. That was basically a fadeaway 3 with the shot clock winding down. If he misses that shot, there's a good chance Lakers lose that game. So I just don't understand how you can rig things like that.

If the networks are in on it too, then why do teams get swept? Why did the Lakers lose 4-1 to the pistons, when every knows that a 7 game series generates more money for the league and more money for Vegas? Because they had massive locker room issues, and they got blown out every game.

Did refs have any stake in game 7 with the Nets and Bucks? NBA doesn't want the Bucks to advance if you want to go by ratings. They want Durant. They want Irving to get back healthy again for the finals. They do not want the small market teams like ATL and Mlkwakee. So why are they here?

I got into this same argument months ago with someone on this site, and they said "Oh, NBA will never allow small market teams to make it to the finals." Well that's exactly what's about to happen.

Good luck tonight.
    I agree 100%. I can’t believe in 2021 we still have to explain this to some idiots who still think the league is rigged. Ffs the players decide who advances , the NBA makes billions of dollars regardless of who wins. They don’t get involved.

Some ppl will always have a conspiracy theory mind and believe in such idiocies I guess. Maybe they were born that way.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Things haven't been rigged in a long time NBA lost a fortune from Kobe and Lebron never meeting in the Finals had like 13 chances.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Let’s go Suns!!!!

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion896 View Post
    I agree 100%. I can’t believe in 2021 we still have to explain this to some idiots who still think the league is rigged. Ffs the players decide who advances , the NBA makes billions of dollars regardless of who wins. They don’t get involved.

Some ppl will always have a conspiracy theory mind and believe in such idiocies I guess. Maybe they were born that way.
    Bet all the teams with the most talented players every game for the whole season. Let me know how you do at the end of the season. You’ll be lucky to break even

goduke

Good luck tonight.
    Never said anything about magnets. And going to game 7s doesn’t translate into more money. We could back and forth on this but some people are going to jump in and go nuts about this. A lot of your examples were the lakers with Kobe and shaq. I’m saying it’s more prevalent now. We aren’t going to see eye to eye it’s simple and this is a conversation that’s impossible to show eachs side in an efficient manner. So it is what it is

goduke

Good luck tonight.
    Nba is more than ratings though. Also betting is big reason for growth of the game. Nets futures were a huge liability. So I don’t think it’s as easy as ratings. But if you can give me an example of something in our world that isn’t corrupt in some way that generates this kind of money I would be interested to know. Why do sports get a free pass?

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Things haven't been rigged in a long time NBA lost a fortune from Kobe and Lebron never meeting in the Finals had like 13 chances.
    Nba might get good ratings but Vegas would lose money big time on a series like that

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These games are not getting good ratings the finals is going to be a disaster as far as TV

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    These games are not getting good ratings the finals is going to be a disaster as far as TV
    JJ how much money do you make when you bet opposite of your thread picks?

goduke

Clippers never had a shot to win this. Doesn’t matter if we disagree on how it gets there the fact remains before the game the clippers were finished.

Goat Milk

Nba might get good ratings but Vegas would lose money big time on a series like that
    Recreational betters do not bet futures bro, the amount of future bets that are placed in Vegas are very slim, even amongst gamblers, because gamblers live day to day, they rely on hour to hour action, not action 6 months from now. Vegas wouldn't lose shit, in fact they would probably clean up because even ppl who don't bet would want to bet on that series.

Goat Milk

Clippers never had a shot to win this. Doesn’t matter if we disagree on how it gets there the fact remains before the game the clippers were finished.
    So what happens if clippers win, does that destroy your entire theory that you've been building in your head for 20+ years? I'm just wondering.

goduke

So what happens if clippers win, does that destroy your entire theory that you've been building in your head for 20+ years? I'm just wondering.
    They won’t win man. It was over before tip. So I’m comfortable saying if clippers win the series you win the argument how about that?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phoenix looks like during control here but thanks can change as we all know

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Phoenix looks like during control here but thanks can change as we all know
    JJ trolling

First 123456 Last